Author Topic: The current state of the alpha testing.  (Read 3443 times)

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
Re: The current state of the alpha testing.
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2014, 02:16:02 PM »
I just have to interject an interesting fact
Pink used to be a masculine colour. Blue feminine.
Only 100 years ago.
Things change..but only in the perception of the mind...
Ive always thought it fascinating. For example, a June 1918 article from the trade publication Earnshaw's Infants' Department said, “The generally accepted rule is pink for the boys, and blue for the girls. The reason is that pink, being a more decided and stronger color, is more suitable for the boy, while blue, which is more delicate and dainty, is prettier for the girl.” Other sources said blue was flattering for blonds, pink for brunettes; or blue was for blue-eyed babies, pink for brown-eyed babies, according to Paoletti.

In 1927, Time magazine printed a chart showing sex-appropriate colors for girls and boys according to leading U.S. stores. In Boston, Filene’s told parents to dress boys in pink. So did Best & Co. in New York City, Halle’s in Cleveland

any way...

great to have an update thanks HTC

CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2014, 03:15:11 PM »
Pink Panther is pink. Case closed.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2014, 03:30:01 PM »
This is confusing:

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2014, 08:07:39 AM »
This is confusing:

(Image removed from quote.)

Yes the Paris rugby team uses bright pink as it's primary color

Offline Cthulhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2014, 08:57:06 AM »
This is confusing:

(Image removed from quote.)
Pink, but the Metro guy's jersey says "Orange". And why are they dragging the USS Alabama on the field? Are there cajun's in Alabama? None of this is on the state flag. Do good ol' boys even watch soccer? So many questions.... :huh
"Think of Tetris as a metaphor for life:  You spend all your time trying to find a place for your long thin piece, then when you finally do, everything you've built disappears"

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2014, 12:56:41 PM »
Somehow this image comes to mind for some of you guys wanting sheep in the game.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Cthulhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2014, 01:46:59 PM »
Somehow this image comes to mind for some of you guys wanting sheep in the game. (Image removed from quote.)
That's their Squadron Emblem...

The Sheepmometers
Leading from the rear!
"Think of Tetris as a metaphor for life:  You spend all your time trying to find a place for your long thin piece, then when you finally do, everything you've built disappears"

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2014, 02:11:23 PM »
Great stuff HTC

Having said that, can we assume a D23 will be included in this mega update.  We did follow protocol and graciously gave you a bottle of 12 year old single malt, some German chocolate, some German beer, rights to our first born, etc...
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2014, 07:08:08 PM »
 2 WEEKS  :aok

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2014, 07:52:17 PM »
on second thoughts, no.
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline wpeters

• Silver Member
« Reply #71 on: September 16, 2014, 11:51:34 AM »
I just have to interject an interesting fact
Pink used to be a masculine colour. Blue feminine.
Only 100 years ago.
Things change..but only in the perception of the mind...
Ive always thought it fascinating. For example, a June 1918 article from the trade publication Earnshaw's Infants' Department said, “The generally accepted rule is pink for the boys, and blue for the girls. The reason is that pink, being a more decided and stronger color, is more suitable for the boy, while blue, which is more delicate and dainty, is prettier for the girl.” Other sources said blue was flattering for blonds, pink for brunettes; or blue was for blue-eyed babies, pink for brown-eyed babies, according to Paoletti.

In 1927, Time magazine printed a chart showing sex-appropriate colors for girls and boys according to leading U.S. stores. In Boston, Filene’s told parents to dress boys in pink. So did Best & Co. in New York City, Halle’s in Cleveland

any way...

great to have an update thanks HTC

Sorry I am typing this on the fly but historically pink was a manly color.   Why do you think the Us Army dress uniform had pink pants(WWll era). 

If my memory of history is correct I believe pink became a color for women durning Hitler's reign. Homosexuals during his rule were sent to concentration camps and had to wear a pink triangle to mark them.  It is my understand that was when those colors did a gender flip
LtCondor
          The Damned
Fighter pilots are either high, or in the process of getting high.🙊
The difference between Dweebs and non dweebs... Dweebs have kills

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: September 16, 2014, 12:05:23 PM »
In the old manly days of pink, it was called light salmon.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2014, 02:56:31 PM »
In the old manly days of pink, it was called light salmon.

I remember those days.  Light salmon shirt, red tie....the mark of a well-dressed man in the late-80s / early-90s.   

Of course, that era also gave rise to "MC Hammer" rayon pants, patent leather dancing shoes. 

:rofl

:O  :bolt:
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline MachNix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2014, 03:19:56 PM »
There are these two babies in the maternity ward.  The first baby turns to the second and says, "I'm a boy baby, what are you?"  The second baby says, "I don’t know.  How do you know you're a boy?"  The first baby whips off his blanket, points down, and says, "I'm wearing blue booties."