Author Topic: Invisible VC  (Read 962 times)

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
Invisible VC
« on: September 15, 2014, 10:31:17 AM »
I wanted to know if this has happened to anyone else. Last night as a Knight, i noticed that dot dar was still showing up at the base I was capping. The base i was capping didn't have radar up though!!!

Finally after asking on range if anyone else noticed this issue, i was told, "We have a CV just off shore", to which I replied, no we don't!   No CV was visiable on the map to me... it was only after i could see the cv group from my aircraft did the CV group show up on the map.

I do have the incident filmed, but on my home computer. I will try to have it available for review by tomorrow. Anyone else have this happen???

56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
Re: Invisible VC
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 11:25:41 AM »
The man in the black pajamas. Now there was a worthy opponent. Oh you said CV! My bad! :D
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 06:20:05 PM »
Did you return from a disco?  there used to be a small bug like this when you discoed but I thought it was fixed a while back

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 03:28:47 PM »
I don't believe I was on a return from disco. Just odd i say!  Still haven't reviewed film to confirm. Not a big issue....   :salute
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2014, 07:31:38 AM »
Had similar issue a while back. Several saw a CV we stole at map edge when it was actually being used to recapture port it came from. I think OPFOR took port just after cv re-spawned. Think the intent was the other way around but their timing was off by a few seconds. I could see guns firing and friendly AC taking off from our invisible CV. All the while clipboard showed it cutting thru center of another island sectors away.

Believe it was Baltic. We were North attacking SW. Map has Field 1 as airfield S on center island with 9 and 10 on East side of map. Center island has 1 airfield and 1 V base per country a reset. Small map. Not at home, but hope only one map fits this description.
It was corrected on my end when I was towered by port guns.  
It may be a map edge thing. It was not hidden under map name. May have been in a sector that is not a compleat 25m X 25m. Can U run a CV of map? Did not look for CV on map until after I was over invisible one, so I am not sure where it was exactly before things got screwy.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 07:45:21 AM by RSLQK186 »
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
Founder- Special events contingent
"I'm very very sneaky"

Offline Bobcat81

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2015, 09:14:38 PM »
Had similar issue a while back. Several saw a CV we stole at map edge when it was actually being used to recapture port it came from. I think OPFOR took port just after cv re-spawned. Think the intent was the other way around but their timing was off by a few seconds. I could see guns firing and friendly AC taking off from our invisible CV. All the while clipboard showed it cutting thru center of another island sectors away.

Believe it was Baltic. We were North attacking SW. Map has Field 1 as airfield S on center island with 9 and 10 on East side of map. Center island has 1 airfield and 1 V base per country a reset. Small map. Not at home, but hope only one map fits this description.
It was corrected on my end when I was towered by port guns.  
It may be a map edge thing. It was not hidden under map name. May have been in a sector that is not a compleat 25m X 25m. Can U run a CV of map? Did not look for CV on map until after I was over invisible one, so I am not sure where it was exactly before things got screwy.

Philadelphia Experiment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philadelphia_Experiment
-VIKING9- anti-horde
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - My Hero
Complacency is death.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2015, 11:38:48 PM »
The man in the black pajamas. Now there was a worthy opponent. Oh you said CV! My bad! :D

Charlie owns the night.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline LTCClark

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2015, 01:34:18 AM »
You gotta watch those VC they have a habit of dissapearing without a trace just ask the Vietnam vets
Get VoiceBot and Use Speech for game commands
www.voicebot.net
AutoHotkey and Software repo maps etc for AHIII

Offline Interceptor

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2015, 04:59:01 PM »
Did u check the tunnels under the base for that missing VC ?