Author Topic: Just a thought..  (Read 1695 times)

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
Re: Just a thought..
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2014, 03:07:18 PM »
I think its far more simples
I blame one  player and one player only
Since his nefarious lack of actions numb3rs have been dropping off...
at a steady rate..
mid week tallies show..and I'm sure snaily would back me up.
Player numbers dropping after every Wednesday
No1 RAF should hold their heads in shame
and bring before us the one man who can explain..
Swoop 
what the hell happened to the Wednesday babe!
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline thndregg

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2014, 03:11:22 PM »
....there is no investment.....no benefit......nothing......the time and money spent in here is wasted.......thats the reality.....people finally realize this and leave......

Comradery and friendship. AH is the medium in which this is shared. Game aside, this is what I care about. It's not a waste.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline Tracers

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2014, 04:21:16 PM »
Hey, I think I might have been that 39 you were talking about.  It was a pretty good fight.  Just the thing I need to get better in the Airacobra.

Yeh mate it was good fun  :salute
Your tears feed me 😃

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2014, 04:17:31 PM »
You know there are a lot of people that make a lot friends over the years in this game. Its a shame they can't get on the BBS and bid their friends farewell without running the risk of being thought of as a shade flying attention potato. One way or another everyone will have a last flight in this sim.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2014, 05:06:01 PM »
I think you and bozon are correct.  It appears to me that many are quitting, perhaps hoping that if enough people do, it will force HTC to push the new release out faster.  Kinda' childish for the ones
doing so.
 I'm sure some folks left for the reasons that they gave and may come back after some time.  I left the game way before this update was ever mentioned, due to no finances.  Things are looking up though, so
hopefully I'll be back soon.  (even if the update is not ready..)

Coogan  :salute

Look forward to seeing you back in the MA Coogan  :salute
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2014, 06:24:20 PM »
Look forward to seeing you back in the MA Coogan  :salute
Thanks JimmyD3.  Can't wait to return.  :cheers:

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2014, 06:40:46 PM »
A good clearing of the head helps bring back the enjoyment of the game.

True dat, ol' friend.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2014, 09:28:01 PM »
You know there are a lot of people that make a lot friends over the years in this game. Its a shame they can't get on the BBS and bid their friends farewell without running the risk of being thought of as a shade flying attention potato. One way or another everyone will have a last flight in this sim.

Many of us have spent years here, made good friends, had a lot of fun.  As Shifty says, there's nothing wrong with saying "so long" to those people.  Your friends know you're gone, you get some "so longs" back, why would anyone want to throw dung at that?

- oldman

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2014, 09:42:28 AM »
In LWA for August 2012 there were 885,244 K/Ds. For the same month in '13 there were 738,880. Last month, in 2014, there were 499,753. So in two years alone almost 1/2 the player base left. I really doubt many are coming back as "shades".
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2014, 11:36:11 AM »
for me the game got boring.

I was no longer having fun.

even if it was taking a break from being a CO of a squad. I joined the SWs to be a pee-on and not have that stress and the game was still boring to me.

so why pay for something your not having fun with. my stick throttle tower and monitor have been in storage now for close to a year and I don't for see them coming out for some time now.

I am having way more fun riding 4wheelers with the kids and snow machines with the kids then the game.

maybe when the kids grow out of doing outdoor activities I will think about coming back but I am sure with seeing these new updates I will need a new rig just to run the game and I cant justify spending another 2k just on a computer to play a game so who knows if I will ever make a come back

as of right now I don't even have the itch to come back.

I do however love visiting these boards its fun to laugh at idiots on here
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2014, 03:52:06 PM »
In LWA for August 2012 there were 885,244 K/Ds. For the same month in '13 there were 738,880. Last month, in 2014, there were 499,753. So in two years alone almost 1/2 the player base left.

I'd say it takes a bit more data than a single raw overall K/D number alone to come to a conclusion like this. ;)
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman