Author Topic: Ki-84 vs. Brain Surgery  (Read 9298 times)

Offline -Fringe-

• Zinc Member
Re: Ki-84 vs. Brain Surgery
« Reply #150 on: September 26, 2014, 10:25:32 AM »
KI is a beast when flown properly but so is just about every other plane in the LW set.
Shaken, not stirred.  You Jelly?

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
« Reply #151 on: September 26, 2014, 01:11:36 PM »
You needed an account for each of your personalites?  

:rofl
Gnat
The Kommando for FSO
AoM
Der Wander Zirkus
GFC

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #152 on: September 26, 2014, 07:53:50 PM »
skyrr, what would you say are your best skills in a 1 vs 1 duel in this game?

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #153 on: September 26, 2014, 08:10:33 PM »
skyrr, what would you say are your best skills in a 1 vs 1 duel in this game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9izSl9euRc

Offline RELIC

• Nickel Member
      • http://DFA-Squad.org/
« Reply #154 on: September 26, 2014, 08:30:22 PM »
Can everyone just take a picture of their manhoods and post it on a private forum for easier comparison? It would be far simpler and much more expedient.

I will start and post mine here.

(Image removed from quote.)
:aok
DGSII Scenario-2012  352nd FG/487th FS
P-51D "Cold Gin"
Noseart

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #156 on: September 27, 2014, 01:02:43 AM »
See Rule #4

Offline iKo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #157 on: September 27, 2014, 03:15:34 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9izSl9euRc

ROFLMAO, OMG I think I almost peed myself I was laughing so hard.

Offline Golden Dragon

• Copper Member
« Reply #158 on: September 29, 2014, 08:45:57 PM »
Slash, that was hilarious!  Thanks for the laugh.  :aok
Fight's on!

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #159 on: September 30, 2014, 12:32:33 AM »
 :aok

Offline vanecek

• Zinc Member
« Reply #160 on: October 01, 2014, 12:32:31 AM »
People highly underestimate how fast you can get an F4U  and still deploy flaps and how quickly it can slow down. This is deadly for planes like a ki84 that cant turn as quickly at high speeds. If you can get around in them pretty quickly, you can still follow them up and get some good hits from d500-d800. If that Ki84 tries to slow down as quickly as you, you will easily be able to roll inside them as you can slow down more quickly and you will be able to get some shots.  That being said, vs a really good ki84 pilot you may have to fly defensively in order to get a counter punch reversal shot, as they will be attempting nothing but soaring high loops. I had this type of fight last night and won by good defensive flying, grannit he had more E and alt to start the fight but made a mistake trying to roll over too early rather than doing a high loop.

You really have to have some good SA in the KI84 because once those hi 190Ds and p51s come in, getting away from them is difficult and getting ganged is highly likely. In an arena full of fast fighters and "extenders" the ki84 is difficult to be successful in during these occurances. 

I'm a relatively new player, I'm pretty sure it was me in the ki you were in a f4uc.  You were very cool about it and gave me this feedback after the fight.  You also pilot wounded me early, I was probably blacked out auto climbing on a few of those passes....  Just so I understand, the best tactic for an ki (or any monster climber) with an e advantage is to come in on your six then zoom as straight into the vertical after my pass so I can to continue dictating a  "my passing aim vs vs your overshoot aim" type fight and just play the percentages? 

I think you were saying I rolled too soon meaning i was re engaging you at a faster speed and also making your overshoot shot easier and thus not taking full advantage of my e.

Just want to confirm or perhaps an experienced pilot can re explain...

Regarding original thread, as a newer pilot the ki covers a ton of mistakes.  If you get on my six I can stick stir and as soon as I escape I can build e and accelerate quickly.  I don't have to pull off some crazy acm, I can go nuts on the stick and recoup all the e I blew very easily.  So basically if I screw up the penalty isn't as stiff.

Additionally, I don't need a bag of tricks or acm maneuvers to have some success.  If you aren't in a k4 or xiv I just take you in the vertical.  If your in a bnz plane or elite climber the ki out turns you.  Evasive maneuvering is simplified for a new pilot, decisions are more black and white.

Also agree that dive limitations are the reason you don't see more rookies in the ride, but that can be learned quickly.

What a terrific game I am hooked!  Hopefully I can convince more friends to try it after the graphics updates.

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #161 on: October 01, 2014, 07:13:44 AM »
<snip>
But yes I know what you mean. When I feel like flying a p51 I fly the Bravo, when I wanna fly a 190 I'll take out the A5, when I wanna fly a ruskie plane I'm usually in an i16

Fw190a5 is a cheating good turner, I suggest a 500kg bomb on it.

,and to Bozon's Mossie with bombs, -> that is with WEP on in the Fw190A8 :P

Bozon ' its just a P51, I keep my bombs when I turn-fight him'
Save  'Damned, that B26 out-turned me again, and kept his drones doing it, Wtg on the P51'
Bozon ' Bombs gone, VH done, come here spitty spitty'
Save  ' what type is he'
Bozon ' he ? , THEY_ WHERE spit16 and one spit8'
Save  ''WTG - Buffs " - I saw them first'
Bozon ' I race you'
Save  ' ¤%#&&%'
Bozon ' Got 2 buffs - rtb pilot wound'
Save  ' thats what you get for getting greedy :P -ggrr assist on last one'
Bozon ' thanks for #7 :P'

My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #162 on: October 01, 2014, 07:32:01 AM »
I'm a relatively new player, I'm pretty sure it was me in the ki you were in a f4uc.  You were very cool about it and gave me this feedback after the fight.  You also pilot wounded me early, I was probably blacked out auto climbing on a few of those passes....  Just so I understand, the best tactic for an ki (or any monster climber) with an e advantage is to come in on your six then zoom as straight into the vertical after my pass so I can to continue dictating a  "my passing aim vs vs your overshoot aim" type fight and just play the percentages?  

I think you were saying I rolled too soon meaning i was re engaging you at a faster speed and also making your overshoot shot easier and thus not taking full advantage of my e.

Just want to confirm or perhaps an experienced pilot can re expain..

Yes I was. I was pulling defensive barrel rolls (if you check the training forum, I posted a video of how it looks from my view). So basically you were coming down on my 6 from a higher position. The only thing I could do was get you to miss the hard nose down turn, and then force a barrel roll with my lower speed to get around on your 6 as you were climbing away after making the pass. The first couple of passes you did fine because you had a lot more E than me. Around the 3rd or 4th over shoot is when you had started to lose E from pulling up and over too quickly from being impatient. After you start to get slower, the shots become easier to make however, if you overshoot it can become fatal. So you can either cut all of your speed and E to really try to stay on my 6, or when you overshoot pull a very hard split S and then if your opponent follows you, do another split S back in the other direction (toward them) or go into a spiral climb position (toward them) to the right (The enemy trying to follow you in the split S will lose more E because they are trying to get the sharper angel, plus they were slower to begin with).   This will get them to be completely roped out. Once you get the timing down, you can really play with them nicely to get in a good easy kill position. With a Ki84 you can pull hard split Ss and still keep a lot of E to go back in the vert. So after you overshoot you have got to get the enemy plane completely stalled out when they attempt to go for a counter attack. A split S to verticle spiral rope will do the trick. It takes practice, timing, and experience.  

What messed you up was over shooting and then immediately pulled up and tried to roll over too quickly. I still had enough E to pull up before you flipped over, but I was still going slow enough to where you couldn't flip over around on my 6. You should have pulled back and done and high loop or an extended split S to get me to stall out trying to climb to you, then flipped over. But like I said if you don't think you can pull a high loop, pull a split S first THEN pull into another loop orr go into spiral climb back in the opposite direction to get them to pull tighter angles and lose all of their E. This will reset the alt speed advantage for you. You may even get a nice rope and kill them on the flip over.  
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 07:55:59 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #163 on: October 02, 2014, 02:47:51 AM »
Fw190a5 is a cheating good turner, I suggest a 500kg bomb on it.

,and to Bozon's Mossie with bombs, -> that is with WEP on in the Fw190A8 :P

Bozon ' its just a P51, I keep my bombs when I turn-fight him'
Save  'Damned, that B26 out-turned me again, and kept his drones doing it, Wtg on the P51'
Bozon ' Bombs gone, VH done, come here spitty spitty'
Save  ' what type is he'
Bozon ' he ? , THEY_ WHERE spit16 and one spit8'
Save  ''WTG - Buffs " - I saw them first'
Bozon ' I race you'
Save  ' ¤%#&&%'
Bozon ' Got 2 buffs - rtb pilot wound'
Save  ' thats what you get for getting greedy :P -ggrr assist on last one'
Bozon ' thanks for #7 :P'

That can't be right: 51, the spits and 3 bombers are only 6 kills :D
Perhaps I also bomb-vulched someone?

Also true about the pilot wounds. Happens so often that my ground crew is waiting for me with a mop and a jug of blood for transfusion.

Save you know the A8 is a beast... when you compare it to the 190F8...  :P
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #164 on: October 03, 2014, 05:59:03 AM »
Well, then I have to fly my A8, with 30mm's, wgr-rockets, and a external fuel tank for the hell of it, then I'm pretty sure a CV out-turns it too  :old:
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera