Author Topic: Cool Kills  (Read 1832 times)

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
Cool Kills
« on: September 21, 2014, 09:17:57 PM »
I imagine everyone has a kill that just plays in their head. In all my years I just have 3 though I've enjoyed the sight of many folks making an unexpected kill.

When I first started in AH I flew the F4U-1D quite a bit and almost always had rockets. Just love shooting them. I was about 10k heading into a base when I spot a set of B24s upping. I thought it would be so cool to hit one with a rocket. Well I fired several rockets and missed. However one hit just below the right wing of the center drone as it was lifting. In what seemed like slow motion he was lifting and his wing was coming off. Just way too neat. That had to be 13 or 14 years ago. Haven't done it since. Not like that anyway.

About 5 or 6 years ago I was diving on an LA7 in I think an F4U-1A. He sees me and cuts under me, nice move. I chop the throttle to avoid kissing mother earth. Then he gets below the tree line and weaves between the trees expertly. Then we're both lower than the trees and he's fleeing and pulling ahead. At one point there's a gap in the trees and at between 600 and 800 yards I hit him fairly good. Then he's too far for a shot but I follow anyway below the tree line. Then the plane loses altitude slowly. he's struggling. Then boom right behind the trees I see an explosion. Just awesome in a an Apocalypse Now kind of way. Always wished I had the film of that.

That brings us to today. I was at 41 (?) after celebrating a goon kill that had landed. Okay just kidding. I get there and don't see any cons. I know my squaddie is to the west so I head that way. Here comes a P51 just slightly lower and to my left. As we merge I think he's going to go for the HO and I start putting a little tension on the elevators. But he doesn't. Instead stays to my left I nose over a hair and fire. Every single round nails the cockpit and he does the cool explosion behind me. It wasn't that I hit him it was that I hit him so very hard with a single burst.

After that I just had to call it a morning.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
Re: Cool Kills
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 10:07:19 PM »
I just nailed a set of Tu2s in one pass in my g14.. think it was the first time i've ever gotten all three buffs in one pass. It felt pretty sweet. Going back up for more xD

3./JG 53 cheerleader - Battle Over The Winter Line - FLY AXIS - JRjolly

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 10:12:53 PM »
I didn't do it, but I was glad I was there to witness it.  :lol :devil
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjfQcbPqeds

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 10:17:12 PM »
I didn't do it, but I was glad I was there to witness it.  :lol :devil
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjfQcbPqeds

Lol great timing on the squadies. that was sweet

3./JG 53 cheerleader - Battle Over The Winter Line - FLY AXIS - JRjolly

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2014, 10:26:34 PM »
Funny thing is we didn't mean to coordinate it so well. We were all being greedy and trying to take all 3 kills for ourselves.   :D

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 01:48:53 AM »
I have 2 on youtube that come to mind.  Although 1 isn't a kill but we did resupply the white flagged town before I stalked and engaged an enemy tank.
http://youtu.be/hlLco0jx-Cs?t=1m43s

I believe the range was 1.6K when I killed this guy landing with a T34
http://youtu.be/KUeDy9IUczY

The best kill I've witnessed was when Hotard singlehandedly took out about 15 players nearly simultaneously.
http://youtu.be/96LcXSQC_mk?t=13s

And then there was the time that I deserved a really cool kill against this La pilot but hitech's coding turned him into an impossiblist.
http://youtu.be/RZ87lXSegjM?t=2m18s
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2014, 03:23:30 AM »
One day when I was fairly new, 6 months or so and doing ok, kikdrum kills me a couple times.

So there I am about to lose again, he's getting around on me again and if you recall him you'll know the 200 & pm's smack talk filled my screen...mBailey asks if I need help, I said yes and survived long enough to watch Bailey dispose of him, oh my the crying. From then on kikdrum was sort of a nemesis, a skilled troller and a good stick. There were days I beat him later on, but I never see him anymore, maybe changed his cs, but the Alchemists don't seem to 200'd it up anymore...it's all skyyr/kruel now.

I miss the Alchemists/kikdrum smack vs now  :(  they had a way of getting under your skin and they'd fight without advantage or wingmen.

oh well.

:salute
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 03:25:32 AM by RotBaron »
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2014, 01:03:42 PM »
One day when I was fairly new, 6 months or so and doing ok, kikdrum kills me a couple times.

So there I am about to lose again, he's getting around on me again and if you recall him you'll know the 200 & pm's smack talk filled my screen...mBailey asks if I need help, I said yes and survived long enough to watch Bailey dispose of him, oh my the crying. From then on kikdrum was sort of a nemesis, a skilled troller and a good stick. There were days I beat him later on, but I never see him anymore, maybe changed his cs, but the Alchemists don't seem to 200'd it up anymore...it's all skyyr/kruel now.

I miss the Alchemists/kikdrum smack vs now  :(  they had a way of getting under your skin and they'd fight without advantage or wingmen.

oh well.

:salute

:rofl  I remember that..........but in all honesty you had him surrounded....I was just there for moral support   :aok

My favorite kill?  My 38J vs 2 P51s and a Typh on the deck after having just taken off....they BnZed me till they got frustrated and decided to start turning with me OTD....killed all 3 and landed..only got 1 cheating pm also.........The whole thing took place with my boy watching over my shoulder:D

« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 02:19:13 PM by mbailey »
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2014, 01:18:44 PM »
My favorite kill was a 1v2 against two Spit XVIs.

My Ki-84 got bounced by a pair of Rainbow 16s and it wasn't looking too good.  They had more smash and the only thing I could do was to use their energy retention against them.  As we got close to the ground with both hot on my tail, I split essed.  Blacked out, I heard a boom and getting vision back, I watched the second one hit a tree.   :lol
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2014, 01:19:57 PM »
Saw a guy bust a full set of three B17s with one shot from a field 88.  I though that was neat.  

Much more common but still just plain cool is any plane that explodes when I hit them.

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2014, 01:21:24 PM »
Killing 2 sets of b24s in a B25h
See Rule #4

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2014, 01:23:01 PM »
Killing 2 sets of b24s in a B25h

Killed 1 set of Tu2's and 1 set of lancs in one pass in a 262. :banana:

Both different sorties.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2014, 01:27:12 PM »
That brings us to today. I was at 41 (?) after celebrating a goon kill that had landed. Okay just kidding.

1) Actually one of my favorites is exactly that, a kill in a goon.  I was climbing my C47 to make it over a ridge line on my way to troop a base, when a P-51 spotted me from above.  As he dove in, I considered my options and realized I had enough alt to cut throttle and do a split-S. The Pony followed me down and augered at the bottom! I proudly landed that maneuver kill after trooping the base.  (Who said proxies are meaningless!)

There are so many in fighters, so here's two shore-battery ones:

2) I pop into a short-battery to hit a CV nearing our base.  With my first shot out, I'm zoomed all the way in to spot the fall of the round.  I see suddenly a big blob on the back of the boat -- a mission taking off!  Luckily for me, my round lands directly on the rear deck of the CV and 13 kills appear in my buffer all at once.  :devil

3) Another time in a SB, I see a flight of Tu-2's coming in low (about 6K) toward the base, so I decide to take a pot shot at them.  I guestimate some lead and put a round out.  The round explodes the center bomber and the splash damage removes the inner wings on both of the drones.  As both drones spiral out of the air, I see the pilot switch between them figuring one of his bombers must be OK -- they weren't.  That was fun to watch.

With so many different things to do and try, this game can be really fun. :)

<S>
Ryno
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline darkzking

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2014, 01:27:26 PM »
killing that la7 that started d800 off my p39s 6
raynos32 Leader of the 242nd Sloppy Terminators
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/
See Rule #4

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member