Author Topic: Cool Kills  (Read 1833 times)

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
Re: Cool Kills
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2014, 05:45:27 PM »
I remember a cool kill when I was reasonably new...I got in the middle of things and a hurri II latched on piloted by GRIM ... he proceeded to shoot me and I actually had my plane stripped of parts...at the time I thought that was wicked as it was the first time I had been totally ripped to bits before I died...In retrospect it had to be one volley of bullets that just destroyed my plane in this way as one, GRIM was damned lethal in that thing and two, once the first wing came off it was all down hill from there and I wasn't very far from the ground but only my cockpit and prop were left....This was back when you lost the whole bellybutton end

And on the other side of the bullets would have to be my first two in one kill... in the middle of a furball I was just completing a barrel roll when two cons flew under me chasing a friendly...my barrel roll ended as the two cons were basically side by side 200 from the piper.... squeezed and held the trigger and got both in one volley.... I was quite stoked at that
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 05:50:48 PM by SPKmes »

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2014, 06:09:04 PM »
One of my favorite kills, not just because it's cool but because whoever the Spit was, wasn't a bad pilot at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCVK3nhkOAg&list=UU_eKGC1Ic0RiGoHOIIQlLzA

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2014, 06:28:59 PM »
One of my most humorous and most memorable was the time I spawn camp killed killed 999's PT boat something like 22 times with an LTV. He kept spawning and tried shooting torps at me to no avail as they just passed under the LTV.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2014, 02:59:47 AM »
Bailey:

That was fun, kikdrum really had it out for after that for a long time. I wonder where he went, he was a good stick; I just wouldn't ever tell him because of the troll attitude. But I have to respect that he'd fight in any circumstance, often he chose to have the advantage but he'd get down in the weeds and put himself in harm's way.

I don't really care much anymore who wins the dogfight as long as I get a fight out of them; of course winning always feels better.

:salute
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2014, 08:15:40 AM »
Didn't really have one that I could remember until last night.

After a semi long 3v1 with a 190D, spit8, and p51 in my c205 low in the canyons, I got all 3 to simultaneously auger all at the same time into the side of the mountain. Was great success :D

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2014, 08:48:38 AM »
The new strat locations have provided some good opportunities when the enemy drives tanks to our strats.

I've gotten into some classic cat and mouse stalking of GV's in our city or other strats........while in a GV.

Why up a f4u and bomb**** a tank at our city when you the thrill reward of driving a tank there and delivering ownage on equal terms is much more rewarding?

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2014, 09:16:02 AM »
The new strat locations have provided some good opportunities when the enemy drives tanks to our strats.

I've gotten into some classic cat and mouse stalking of GV's in our city or other strats........while in a GV.

Why up a f4u and bomb**** a tank at our city when you the thrill reward of driving a tank there and delivering ownage on equal terms is much more rewarding?

Oh man that would be a lot of fun! hahah

Next time I see someone do that, I'm so going to drive a tank  :aok :joystick:

3./JG 53 cheerleader - Battle Over The Winter Line - FLY AXIS - JRjolly

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2014, 02:03:11 PM »
I'll never forget some of the fights that started high up in the air column and for minutes worked their way down to the deck, neither player wanting to run or give up. I also remember a few of the events flying Buffs against the hated LW. :D
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2014, 02:06:22 PM »
I'll never forget some of the fights that started high up in the air column and for minutes worked their way down to the deck, neither player wanting to run or give up. I also remember a few of the events flying Buffs against the hated LW. :D

I wish people still wouldn't run or give up. :cry
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2014, 02:26:00 PM »
Heres a couple:

I ran into Sawzaw in his 109K4.  I was in a KI and had a bit of advantage at the merge.  This is fight we have had more than a few times and I think with my advantage at the merge I will be winning this one.  I had 2 or 3 good gun solutions as we got slower and slower but couldn't hit him hard enough.  Since he is missing parts and smoking, I gave up the last of my E to get another shot and it worked...sort of.  I had sprites all over his already injured, smoking plane but not enough.  With some torque and whatever control surfaces he has left, he gets his nose around on my totally intact KI and puts a tater through it.

I once chased a 51 out of furball.  He was faster but I was headed that way so I followed him as he went home.  1/2 way he turns around, we merge and to my surprise he is dumping E and popping flaps to get around on me instead of zooming.  No problem, I have the better plane for this fight, this will be fun...wait, my wing just got shot off?  BigR flys away.
AMAX  in game

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2014, 02:32:40 PM »
One where I won:

I was in Stuka looking for GVs as a guy is causing trouble in the area in a 234.  He is screaming by but will pass in range so I flip the nose around and fire a couple big cannon rounds way, way, way out in front of him just for grins.  One takes off a wing and he flutters down.
AMAX  in game

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2014, 03:50:08 PM »

That's what I thought. Would be fun I think.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2014, 06:11:31 PM »
One where I won:

I was in Stuka looking for GVs as a guy is causing trouble in the area in a 234.  He is screaming by but will pass in range so I flip the nose around and fire a couple big cannon rounds way, way, way out in front of him just for grins.  One takes off a wing and he flutters down.

:rofl

:D
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline steely07

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2014, 08:01:43 PM »
years ago, when you could still maneuver when blacked out, Hacksaw and I were fighting a pair of 51's in a H2H room, I was in a Hurri 2 (as usual), not sure what Hack was in, but both nme 51's were moving to get Hack's 6, I pulled in behind, went into blackout before I had guns on them, but as up until then all of us could "feel" when the shot would be about right, squeezed a few rounds off, heard a boom, and relaxed on the stick to come out of the blackout and get eyes on the pony that was left.

Couldn't find it!, Hack was laughing his prettythang off, I'd killed both of them with the one squirt while blinded by blackout!
Aces High, Wing Commander, Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group: www.dickweedhbg.com

FSO Films : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFs6CAXBQoVBctljybD65fA?view_as=subscriber

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2014, 03:03:16 AM »
i was about 10k and saw this niki about 2k before me, there were other cons around so iknew there was no way i could deack or do anything so I just aimed my rockets at the base and fired all of them to engage the higher cons

about a 1 minute later i get a pm about this guy who wanted to know where i was when i killed him.  I kindda told him i had just let go of some rockets, didnt even now he was upping as he got blown away.

funniest kill i ever had, he had a good laugh too

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.