Author Topic: It's a new dawn!  (Read 4417 times)

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
Re: It's a new dawn!
« Reply #75 on: September 30, 2014, 05:43:06 PM »
We all can be over critical at times.  Often we look past the effort involved in producing a product and the risk the author takes in displaying his work to the world.

They are proud of what they have done or they would not have offered a preview. 

Looks good to me. :aok

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #76 on: September 30, 2014, 05:52:29 PM »
Link is bad and shows 404

Snap ... Fixed the picture showing the Now I would like you to show me any other shots from other games that show 3d mountains 20 miles in the distance with haze layering in the atmosphere.
and the youtube link about the graphics/terrain/immersion I like. Thank you for bringing it to my attention, I'd have never known from my cell phone.
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member
« Reply #77 on: September 30, 2014, 06:01:05 PM »
Is that orange mist supposed to look realistic?

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: September 30, 2014, 06:07:01 PM »
Is that orange mist supposed to look realistic?
I think is supposed to have the look of a sun rising through it....  :confused:
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: September 30, 2014, 06:44:58 PM »
Depending on the time of year and what's burning in California. There is an ocean layer that runs in under the golden gate bridge all the way against the Berkeley hills. If you walk up over the Claremont Hotel on the ridge, sometimes your head is just above the cloud layer and can see all the way to the two tower tops of the golden gate and out to sea. As the sun sets, you get the same golden color, or red, or purple, even blue saturating the clouds. Even a thin marine layer lights up that way. And the top of the Berkeley ridge is about 2000ft.

If you do the same thing at sunrise, you can project a shadow of yourself all the way between the two tower tops from across the SF Bay on top of the clouds. Hitech's yellow effect is more like a brush fire I was in near San Diego back in the early 90's around dusk and dawn.

This has devolved into open season on Hitech for not fulfilling someone's fantasies without letting Hitech know he is on the hot seat for a non commitment he didn't make. I've been here no stop for the last decade, Hitech has never promised anyone anything other than access to his game for $14.95 a month.

Anything else is using him for a punching bag.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: September 30, 2014, 09:11:03 PM »
Bustr you are quite an instigator with those over violent references. I know that in America everybody is supposed to get a trophy.

HTC presented something; I said 'MEH'. HT got offended and said 'show me this and how come?'. I showed that and said because, he said 'I am COAD'. I thought it would be an opportunity to discuss what he was doing/could do or him to understand what I liked but instead it started to turned sour.

You have it all twisted with what I expect, and me paying is an non issue. I enjoy the game for what it is. The fun I have mingling with other humans, friends or foe and the context provided by HT overcomes the dated graphics, primitive damage model and few FM anomalies. You are right that for me, the perfect game would be IL2 Cliffs of Dover graphics overlayed over every else Aces High, because in IL2 COD I have the feeling of being into an actual cockpit flying above an actual piece of real estate ... but I miss everything else Aces High.

HTC is working hard in improving the game for his personal reasons that I'm not pretending to know. He is posting progress pictures and we comment on them. Since we all have different standards, HTC receives various levels of reactions from Ohh Ahhh to booo. I fail to see the wrong. We all take criticisum in life from doing stuff, and those make you work harder and get better. Hell the Dodge Monaco I painted, I repainted it 3 times re-sanded down to the metal 7 times ... 2 whole summers. Yet, I still have guys saying : 'duuuude ... did you paint that with a roller?'. My answer is always 'show me what I could have done better with what I had', my inners want to say 'go to hell'.

And since Hitech eluded cockpits, here's my standard for cockpits from IL2 COD. I want to reach thru the screen and twist those knobs.

But to go back to those 2 haze pictures, forget it's Aces High, if you get an email that say : 'Check out that new game in the making', I bet you'd say 'I'm not impressed'. I sound like a jerk I'm sure, but I'm a straight shooter. You got to call a cat a cat.
Dat jugs bro.

------------------------

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #81 on: September 30, 2014, 09:40:20 PM »
Thats a cool cockpit!  I run an old machine so I don't even get to see whats AH looks like in its current form with settings high except in others videos.  Eye candy isn't a big deal to me but I get that it is to others.

This got me Googling game graphics and it truly is amazing whats being done out there.  Screenies from Project Cars look like photos of the real thing.  I only play AH so I'm not really up on where gaming is or where its headed.

AH is a blast and I'm glad its moving forward. I'll wait until the new stuff is released to see what I think.  Won't matter a whole bunch to me since the gameplay is what I like about AH.  If I have to upgrade, I probably wouldn't go top end stuff anyway so I still might be running low settings.  I hope it helps recruit and retain players.
AMAX  in game

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #82 on: September 30, 2014, 10:18:16 PM »
Bustr you are quite an instigator with those over violent references. I know that in America everybody is supposed to get a trophy.

HTC presented something; I said 'MEH'. HT got offended and said 'show me this and how come?'. I showed that and said because, he said 'I am COAD'. I thought it would be an opportunity to discuss what he was doing/could do or him to understand what I liked but instead it started to turned sour.

You have it all twisted with what I expect, and me paying is an non issue. I enjoy the game for what it is. The fun I have mingling with other humans, friends or foe and the context provided by HT overcomes the dated graphics, primitive damage model and few FM anomalies. You are right that for me, the perfect game would be IL2 Cliffs of Dover graphics overlayed over every else Aces High, because in IL2 COD I have the feeling of being into an actual cockpit flying above an actual piece of real estate ... but I miss everything else Aces High.

HTC is working hard in improving the game for his personal reasons that I'm not pretending to know. He is posting progress pictures and we comment on them. Since we all have different standards, HTC receives various levels of reactions from Ohh Ahhh to booo. I fail to see the wrong. We all take criticisum in life from doing stuff, and those make you work harder and get better. Hell the Dodge Monaco I painted, I repainted it 3 times re-sanded down to the metal 7 times ... 2 whole summers. Yet, I still have guys saying : 'duuuude ... did you paint that with a roller?'. My answer is always 'show me what I could have done better with what I had', my inners want to say 'go to hell'.

And since Hitech eluded cockpits, here's my standard for cockpits from IL2 COD. I want to reach thru the screen and twist those knobs.
(Image removed from quote.)

But to go back to those 2 haze pictures, forget it's Aces High, if you get an email that say : 'Check out that new game in the making', I bet you'd say 'I'm not impressed'. I sound like a jerk I'm sure, but I'm a straight shooter. You got to call a cat a cat.

+1

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: September 30, 2014, 10:18:47 PM »
I don't know what it is about Project Cars, I think it's the lighting. Pcars, Asseto Corsa, Forza 5, GT6, Iracing all great lifelike graphics, but somehow PCars has that extra wow factor that makes it more realistic looking. I can't figure out why.
Dat jugs bro.

------------------------

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: September 30, 2014, 11:04:03 PM »
This is what you're being shown.

Don't get wound up because the petunias aren't planted yet.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: September 30, 2014, 11:27:34 PM »
I'm with TJ +2
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: October 01, 2014, 12:01:10 AM »
The benchmark for desert environment and colors/lighting imho:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tugifv2YIw8

If AH can come anywhere close to that it will be great!
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
« Reply #87 on: October 01, 2014, 12:10:28 AM »
The benchmark for desert environment and colors/lighting imho:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tugifv2YIw8

If AH can come anywhere close to that it will be great!

Thats nice!......even saw some exhaust flames in one of the shots of the 109...... :old:
Gnat
The Kommando for FSO
AoM
Der Wander Zirkus
GFC

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #88 on: October 01, 2014, 01:23:51 AM »
removed
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 01:37:25 AM by rvflyer »
Tour 70 2005 to present