Author Topic: It's a new dawn!  (Read 4454 times)

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
Re: It's a new dawn!
« Reply #90 on: October 01, 2014, 05:41:23 AM »
The color balance in AH is strange to me, also in the new screenshots. Perhaps they're too saturated as well. The colors in CLOD looks much more natural to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5Wuknd8Q60

Fantastic little video by Søren Dalsgaard too...
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: October 01, 2014, 10:39:06 AM »
Kinda looks like some of the mornings I have here in Calgary with low level fog in the mountains. 

Hmmm... does the fog and lighting look orange?

Yep. Strange enough it does.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Badger85

• Copper Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #92 on: October 01, 2014, 11:38:12 AM »
Bustr you are quite an instigator with those over violent references. I know that in America everybody is supposed to get a trophy.

HTC presented something; I said 'MEH'. HT got offended and said 'show me this and how come?'. I showed that and said because, he said 'I am COAD'. I thought it would be an opportunity to discuss what he was doing/could do or him to understand what I liked but instead it started to turned sour.

You have it all twisted with what I expect, and me paying is an non issue. I enjoy the game for what it is. The fun I have mingling with other humans, friends or foe and the context provided by HT overcomes the dated graphics, primitive damage model and few FM anomalies. You are right that for me, the perfect game would be IL2 Cliffs of Dover graphics overlayed over every else Aces High, because in IL2 COD I have the feeling of being into an actual cockpit flying above an actual piece of real estate ... but I miss everything else Aces High.

HTC is working hard in improving the game for his personal reasons that I'm not pretending to know. He is posting progress pictures and we comment on them. Since we all have different standards, HTC receives various levels of reactions from Ohh Ahhh to booo. I fail to see the wrong. We all take criticisum in life from doing stuff, and those make you work harder and get better. Hell the Dodge Monaco I painted, I repainted it 3 times re-sanded down to the metal 7 times ... 2 whole summers. Yet, I still have guys saying : 'duuuude ... did you paint that with a roller?'. My answer is always 'show me what I could have done better with what I had', my inners want to say 'go to hell'.

But to go back to those 2 haze pictures, forget it's Aces High, if you get an email that say : 'Check out that new game in the making', I bet you'd say 'I'm not impressed'. I sound like a jerk I'm sure, but I'm a straight shooter. You got to call a cat a cat.

I'm with JOACH1M and TJ +3

+4

...but I'm staying optimistic as I've stated in a previous development progress post.
ENS Badger85 (Reserves)
VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers" : http://www.thejollyrogers.net
Aviation Blog : http://abovegroundlevel.org

"We were the corsairs of the Pacific conflict, and I believe we were the last of the corsairs." -George Grider