Author Topic: HQ and radar with low numbers  (Read 5695 times)

Offline Lucifer

• Probation 9/1/2017
  • Nickel Member
Re: HQ and radar with low numbers
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2014, 10:56:56 AM »
Whats the point "winning the war" not because you are better and use better strategy, but because you make ppl log off and win against an empty side ?

If u answer "well we win the war", then i suggest you play vs AI in another sim, as obviously you dont get the "multiplayer" fun concept... :noid

The trend i see here is that the "furballers" have their blinders on and only care about the furball and when the precious HQ goes down they cry.
 These are the same people that will never never lift a finger to defend it or re-supply it.

For us that like the "win the war" gameplay,its all about strategy.

yeah go ahead and flame me,just voicing my opinion  :)

" Army Of Wolves "

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2014, 10:58:40 AM »
Yanno what this looks like to someone who has just logged in?
It looks like there is nobody playing.

Exactly how is this helpful to the game? It isnt. If anything its counter productive. The numbers are low enough already for those of us with experience to find any kind of fight. Now imagine how it looks to someone who may not have ever played. Again. Looks like nobody is there

What HTC needs to do is eliminate entirely Bombed HQ effects and its rewards for doing so once the numbers drop to a certain number

You are absolutely right. The paradox is that HTCs biggest problem reason are the players themselves. Players are selfishly seeking every form of an advantage they can get without considering the oppositions gameplay experience at all. As long as HTC does nothing to limit this sort of detrimental attitude, it's hurting player numbers.

I remember quitting AH for the first time many years ago in direct response to constant imbalance and hording on my timezone. It just wasn't fun anymore to log on only to see your country was reduced to 2 fields that were vulched by the two other countries non-stop.

If HTC can't see that it has to force the playerbase to play on terms which are fun for both sides, the decline is inevitable. One serious problem is the steep learning curve for new players. They get completely underwhelmed against long timers and what do they do? They seek refuge in numbers, making hordes again bigger. There should be a balancing method to make noobs more competitive. What it is, I have no idea.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2014, 12:51:06 PM »

For us that like the "win the war" gameplay,its all about strategy.

yeah go ahead and flame me,just voicing my opinion  :)

I enjoy base taking too and map wins.  I make the runs too on HQ supply but can't say I ever defended HQ.  I guess because I am in on a base take or defense most of the time I don't watch whats going on at HQ.

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2014, 01:10:51 PM »
Huehuehue

Imma gunna go kill the HQ some more...

:airplane:

The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2014, 01:17:02 PM »
Huehuehue

Imma gunna go kill the HQ some more...

:airplane:

Death song for AH... enjoy it while it lasts.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2014, 01:32:25 PM »

. . . Imma gunna go kill the HQ some more...

To just be a pain in everyone's backside or for strategic reasons?

Offline maxy

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2014, 02:13:48 PM »
HQ should be more difficult to take down or easier to resupply either way would solve the problem ...

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2014, 02:33:24 PM »
Take out the individual red or green dots when HQ is down, but leave the red or green main darbars in place so you can at least see the sectors where the action is taking place.
Gnat
The Kommando for FSO
AoM
Der Wander Zirkus
GFC

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2014, 02:44:03 PM »
Shoot down the bombers...... sink the CV.... problem solved and you get combat while doing it.  :rolleyes:

and no it wasent me this time who dropped HQ,so dont even try to blame me  :neener:

So, you are saying that when there are 13 (not all active) players they should abandon all other game play alternatives to circle above HQ or troll the seas for possible enemy task groups?

Ummmmm  nnnnnnnnnnnnnno!  Flying into uber accurate puffy ack after climbing 15 mins, how do you even consider that combat?

By the way, the particular set of Lancasters that killed the Knight HQ this morning actually dive bombed it.  Wow!  So, please.......... refrain from this nonsensical bull crap, "if you don't like it, it's your own fault".  I don't like it and don't have to tolerate it (logged off immediately and got some good rest).

Offline 68Raptor

• Gold Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2014, 02:56:56 PM »
Type the following on Country channel:

"Where's the fight at?"

Chances are you'll have several responses. No need to worry about dar bar anymore. :aok
Executive Officer
68th Lighting Lancers

Offline Xavier

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2014, 03:15:31 PM »
If busting the HQ is so wrong, why does it feel so good? :old:
Started from the bottom...still at the bottom.

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2014, 04:29:39 PM »
With the HQ being such a valuable asset to all countries, It'd REALLY POORLY protected (ack) and very light with how much damage it takes to kill it.

I think if BOTH these were increased, say more anti-AC flak around the HQ, and say 100k ib needed to kill it, things would change.

3./JG 53 cheerleader - Battle Over The Winter Line - FLY AXIS - JRjolly

Offline MrGeezer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2014, 04:41:38 PM »
......as the numbers continue to shrink. 
Killing Virtual Bad Guys Since 1995  Disabled, retired.

"Posting anything, which says anything positive about anyone, on our board, will always turn into a derogatory mess. It should be a forum posting rule."  Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Naughty

• Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2014, 04:44:58 PM »

Plain and simple... No single player should be able to have such an impact on the game. It should take a good sized mission to kill a country's HQ. The whole concept of HQ is flawed. Lightly armed, no radar, and a single set of lancs drops it. Ridiculous !!!  Put HQ in the middle of the city, MORE ACK, and at least 4 sets of lancs to totally drop it.
The true warrior has no enemies. Only teachers

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2014, 05:16:40 PM »
Yeah, I'm gonna a have to agree with dred on this one. No since in having radar down with so many bases and very little  players. It does make it extremely difficult to find fights and the majority of players will switch sides which will destroy the concept of side royalty. 
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion