Author Topic: Later Bish !  (Read 3717 times)

Offline Naughty

• Copper Member
Later Bish !
« on: September 28, 2014, 09:15:32 PM »

Over it !  For the last few months this game has seemed to get worse and worse. I just wasn't having fun anymore. Tonite was the final straw for me. We (Bishops) won the map. I don't know how.. since lately trying to get 2 bishops to do something together is like herding cats. Anyway, the new map opens, and instantly the Nits and Rooks are ganging us.  The thing is.. The Nits only have 3 bases on our front lines..  I call out repeatedly "Do not get stuck defending ! Pork their 3 fields and it will stop them in their tracks !"  But the call goes unanswered, The bishops instead opt to keep upping from the same capped field, hoping to shoot one or two planes down before getting picked. and the Nits roll 4 bases in under an hour.

I give up, I switched to Nits, and right off the bat the game became FUN again !  for starters... Vox was busy, but it was tactical. People calling check six, communicating about what was going on, plans being made..   when the large group was capturing a field, others were already prepping the next. pretty much everybody was working together.

On Bish vox, you hardly EVER get a check six. and 90% of the vox traffic is players complaining about being horded, ho'd or picked.

Anyway...  im over it. I'll be flying Nit for now on and looking forward to killing a few Bish that have been on my nerves for a long time ! like TOSH !

The true warrior has no enemies. Only teachers

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Later Bish !
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 09:17:52 PM »
 :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 09:22:12 PM »
I switched to Nits

Vox was busy, but it was tactical. People calling check six, communicating about what was going on, plans being made..   when the large group was capturing a field, others were already prepping the next. pretty much everybody was working together.

Are you sure you were flying Nits? This does not sound even close to the Nits that I remember. Teamwork? Taking bases? What happened to the Nits that I know and love?  :(

:D :cheers:

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 09:28:32 PM »
On that note, if the bish find themselves outnumbered like they do tonight, I plan on changing to bish.

I would of changed already if it wasn't for the 12 hour limitation.   :bolt:
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2014, 09:32:32 PM »
Bish  :rofl

And Tosh? :rofl

Good for you, never always stay on one country, if you want a fight you like go out and find it. :cheers:
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline Naughty

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2014, 09:41:26 PM »

It's just certain behaviors I see over and over..  for example, I'm flying towards a huge red darbar, I look around and see I have plenty of "buddies" around. Next thing I know, I have tracers zipping by me. I think "how can this be ? all my team mates around and no check 6 ??"  so I split S, and as I look down.. there's my answer..  10 Bish diving on a single con 6k below  :mad:  or my favorite.. defending a town, and you look at the dar and see 20 green dots following 1 red dot AWAY from town, then poof, it's their field, and the ack shoots me down.  :mad:

3 times tonite while flying Nit, a got into a sticky situation, only to look back and see a team mate come swooping in and clear my six. while flying Bish....mostly only your 12 gets cleared.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 09:45:00 PM by Naughty »

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2014, 09:51:38 PM »

Are you sure you were flying Nits? This does not sound even close to the Nits that I remember. Teamwork? Taking bases? What happened to the Nits that I know and love?  :(

:D :cheers:

Knits have been going through a transformation lately. It's appalling and I've started a petition but no one seems to be signing it...  :( Their ENY bonus is a lot lower than it used to be (under 1.00) which makes me wonder where the extra players are coming from...  :headscratch:

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2014, 10:26:47 PM »
This thread had mega fail until I seen tosh was mentioned... It now has mega win  :rofl
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Naughty

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2014, 10:41:21 PM »

One of my favorite things to do when there is a lull in the fight, Is to mess with Tosh. Every time I hear that pissy lil voice over Vox I cant help but to respond and get him all fired up ! sometimes I can get him so infuriated he gets killed, augers, or just rage logs. I've even vulched him on the runway a few times to show my displeasure with him (was worth the kill shot)  :devil.  My only regret is that I wont be able to hear him cry when I repeatedly HO him in the coming days  :neener:

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2014, 10:49:13 PM »
         It's just certain behaviors I see over and over..  for example, I'm flying towards a huge red darbar, I look around and see I have plenty of "buddies" around. Next thing I know, I have tracers zipping by me. I think "how can this be ? all my team mates around and no check 6 ??"  so I split S, and as I look down.. there's my answer..  10 Bish diving on a single con 6k below  :mad:  or my favorite.. defending a town, and you look at the dar and see 20 green dots following 1 red dot AWAY from town, then poof, it's their field, and the ack shoots me down.  :mad:

3 times tonite while flying Nit, a got into a sticky situation, only to look back and see a team mate come swooping in and clear my six. while flying Bish....mostly only your 12 gets cleared.

Yeah I understand.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2014, 01:14:55 AM »
You kid yourself if you think there is a fundamental difference between chess pieces. The real difference is which squadrons and a few dominant players play in your time. This also changes over the time of year and when squadrons rotate.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2014, 01:18:22 AM »
For the record the only night of the week Sunday. For about 3-4 hours is when three or four nit squadrons team up together & roll on. Tommorrow night you will wonder why you turned Nit.
It's like this on all sides trust me.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2014, 01:34:44 AM »

Over it !  For the last few months this game has seemed to get worse and worse. I just wasn't having fun anymore. Tonite was the final straw for me. We (Bishops) won the map. I don't know how.. since lately trying to get 2 bishops to do something together is like herding cats. Anyway, the new map opens, and instantly the Nits and Rooks are ganging us.  The thing is.. The Nits only have 3 bases on our front lines..  I call out repeatedly "Do not get stuck defending ! Pork their 3 fields and it will stop them in their tracks !"  But the call goes unanswered, The bishops instead opt to keep upping from the same capped field, hoping to shoot one or two planes down before getting picked. and the Nits roll 4 bases in under an hour.

I give up, I switched to Nits, and right off the bat the game became FUN again !  for starters... Vox was busy, but it was tactical. People calling check six, communicating about what was going on, plans being made..   when the large group was capturing a field, others were already prepping the next. pretty much everybody was working together.

On Bish vox, you hardly EVER get a check six. and 90% of the vox traffic is players complaining about being horded, ho'd or picked.

Anyway...  im over it. I'll be flying Nit for now on and looking forward to killing a few Bish that have been on my nerves for a long time ! like TOSH !

I'm so glad to hear you found a country who's players lives revolve around you.  

Many maps are sure to be won by the Knits with you at the helm of the armchair.  

:salute and good luck.

Roger, Wilco, Copy, Out,

A Bish

BTW, Check 6  :t
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2014, 06:23:14 AM »
You kid yourself if you think there is a fundamental difference between chess pieces. The real difference is which squadrons and a few dominant players play in your time. This also changes over the time of year and when squadrons rotate.

This.  :old:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2014, 07:26:22 AM »
Give my best to Bruv & Jayro  :neener:

PS Report back in a month and let us know how that Nit teamwork is working for ya.  :devil
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 07:28:17 AM by Max »