Author Topic: Later Bish !  (Read 3713 times)

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
Re: Later Bish !
« Reply #90 on: September 30, 2014, 02:35:06 PM »
Game Content Meeting at 8:30AM

Agenda Items:

1.)  Decide whether to try and change human nature to like our game (Option A) or, design a game that appeals to human nature (Option B)

2.)  Palm forehead if anyone chooses Option A

3.)  Assign design team to start building Option B
AMAX  in game

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #91 on: September 30, 2014, 02:45:22 PM »
"The game is about combat."  - Hitech

Ok ok...he didn't really say it that way...but I'm sure he would.   :D

Actually he said the object of the game was to piss the other guy off.
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #92 on: September 30, 2014, 02:51:17 PM »
This is the funniest post in a long time.  :lol There is absolutely no difference in game play country to country.  :rofl

Over it !  For the last few months this game has seemed to get worse and worse. I just wasn't having fun anymore. Tonite was the final straw for me. We (Bishops) won the map. I don't know how.. since lately trying to get 2 bishops to do something together is like herding cats. Anyway, the new map opens, and instantly the Nits and Rooks are ganging us.  The thing is.. The Nits only have 3 bases on our front lines..  I call out repeatedly "Do not get stuck defending ! Pork their 3 fields and it will stop them in their tracks !"  But the call goes unanswered, The bishops instead opt to keep upping from the same capped field, hoping to shoot one or two planes down before getting picked. and the Nits roll 4 bases in under an hour.

I give up, I switched to Nits, and right off the bat the game became FUN again !  for starters... Vox was busy, but it was tactical. People calling check six, communicating about what was going on, plans being made..   when the large group was capturing a field, others were already prepping the next. pretty much everybody was working together.

On Bish vox, you hardly EVER get a check six. and 90% of the vox traffic is players complaining about being horded, ho'd or picked.

Anyway...  im over it. I'll be flying Nit for now on and looking forward to killing a few Bish that have been on my nerves for a long time ! like TOSH !

Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #93 on: September 30, 2014, 02:55:14 PM »
         It's just certain behaviors I see over and over..  for example, I'm flying towards a huge red darbar, I look around and see I have plenty of "buddies" around. Next thing I know, I have tracers zipping by me. I think "how can this be ? all my team mates around and no check 6 ??"  so I split S, and as I look down.. there's my answer..  10 Bish diving on a single con 6k below  :mad:  or my favorite.. defending a town, and you look at the dar and see 20 green dots following 1 red dot AWAY from town, then poof, it's their field, and the ack shoots me down.  :mad:

3 times tonite while flying Nit, a got into a sticky situation, only to look back and see a team mate come swooping in and clear my six. while flying Bish....mostly only your 12 gets cleared.

LOL you must be delusional Naughty, many many times I have had a long tail of red following me be it nits or rooks, they all play the same. Are you new, I see you only registered here in the forum in 2013?  :old:
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #94 on: September 30, 2014, 03:53:46 PM »

Over it !  For the last few months this game has seemed to get worse and worse. I just wasn't having fun anymore. Tonite was the final straw for me. We (Bishops) won the map. I don't know how.. since lately trying to get 2 bishops to do something together is like herding cats. Anyway, the new map opens, and instantly the Nits and Rooks are ganging us.  The thing is.. The Nits only have 3 bases on our front lines..  I call out repeatedly "Do not get stuck defending ! Pork their 3 fields and it will stop them in their tracks !"  But the call goes unanswered, The bishops instead opt to keep upping from the same capped field, hoping to shoot one or two planes down before getting picked. and the Nits roll 4 bases in under an hour.

I give up, I switched to Nits, and right off the bat the game became FUN again !  for starters... Vox was busy, but it was tactical. People calling check six, communicating about what was going on, plans being made..   when the large group was capturing a field, others were already prepping the next. pretty much everybody was working together.

On Bish vox, you hardly EVER get a check six. and 90% of the vox traffic is players complaining about being horded, ho'd or picked.

Anyway...  im over it. I'll be flying Nit for now on and looking forward to killing a few Bish that have been on my nerves for a long time ! like TOSH !

Naughty here is a little thing you wrote a while back......Do you remember writing this?

country stereotypes ??
« on: June 01, 2014, 08:46:48 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I keep reading all these threads, and seeing in game comments about 1 country talking smack about the other country(s). It's really starting to get old !  "oohhh the Bish horde" or " the Rooks are Alt monkeys". Are there daily meetings where each country plans their code of conduct that im unaware of ?  are there country specific login messages that tell the players how to play for each country ? 

C'mon guys, they are freaking chess piece icons. nothing more. All sides HORDE, All sides HO, All sides Climb for advantage. I've played for all 3 sides and heard the same complaints from each. Each chess piece is comprised of players from all over the world. from all different walks of life. no one side is guilty of any specific type of play.

Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #95 on: September 30, 2014, 04:13:01 PM »

Ahh, so in your eyes Hitech spent thousands of hours coding in towns, map rooms, troops, strat factories, HQs  and strategy specific maps just so 2 guys could fight it out ?

those things are there to promote (different types of) combat.
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline jeep00

• Silver Member
« Reply #96 on: September 30, 2014, 04:17:29 PM »
Naughty here is a little thing you wrote a while back......Do you remember writing this?

country stereotypes ??
« on: June 01, 2014, 08:46:48 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I keep reading all these threads, and seeing in game comments about 1 country talking smack about the other country(s). It's really starting to get old !  "oohhh the Bish horde" or " the Rooks are Alt monkeys". Are there daily meetings where each country plans their code of conduct that im unaware of ?  are there country specific login messages that tell the players how to play for each country ? 

C'mon guys, they are freaking chess piece icons. nothing more. All sides HORDE, All sides HO, All sides Climb for advantage. I've played for all 3 sides and heard the same complaints from each. Each chess piece is comprised of players from all over the world. from all different walks of life. no one side is guilty of any specific type of play.

Game.
Set.
Match.

Offline Naughty

• Copper Member
« Reply #97 on: September 30, 2014, 05:48:30 PM »
Game.
Set.
Match.

Not game set or match. Nowhere have I accused the Bish of any "stereotype". I have only commented on their recent behavior as a team, and their inability to work together. I have also mentioned that I believe it is because of certain strong personalities in the game. I still maintain that players in  All the countries do the same thing. But as I also stated I found that the Nits were better at communicating, and as a team seemed more willing to work together. I've flown 3 nites with them now, and have had a blast everytime.  and im not new. I've been a Bish since 05. when we always forgot to kill the little church.
The true warrior has no enemies. Only teachers

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #98 on: September 30, 2014, 06:06:37 PM »
   Not game set or match. Nowhere have I accused the Bish of any "stereotype". I have only commented on their recent behavior as a team, and their inability to work together. I have also mentioned that I believe it is because of certain strong personalities in the game. I still maintain that players in  All the countries do the same thing. But as I also stated I found that the Nits were better at communicating, and as a team seemed more willing to work together. I've flown 3 nites with them now, and have had a blast everytime.  and im not new. I've been a Bish since 05. when we always forgot to kill the little church.

Do you not find it strange that even Knights and Rooks are saying there is no difference in game play between the chess players?
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline Naughty

• Copper Member
« Reply #99 on: September 30, 2014, 06:26:37 PM »

Do you not find it strange that even Knights and Rooks are saying there is no difference in game play between the chess players?

Do you not find it strange that the very ones claiming "No difference" are also the same ones you see on 200 claiming the other country only hordes, Hos, Climbs ect...
The true warrior has no enemies. Only teachers

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 30, 2014, 06:29:29 PM »
   Do you not find it strange that the very ones claiming "No difference" are also the same ones you see on 200 claiming the other country only hordes, Hos, Climbs ect...

I do?
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #101 on: September 30, 2014, 06:31:09 PM »
I fly all countries and they really are all the same.  And I don't do any of what your aledging.

The only diff between countries is that on sat and sun mornings the Rooks have some fairly crazy New Zealanders and Aussies on  :aok
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 06:33:23 PM by mbailey »
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline jeep00

• Silver Member
« Reply #102 on: September 30, 2014, 07:17:39 PM »
I used to love that little red church. :)
But I'm with lusche, I think there is no difference and the only hordes I complain about are green and all I do with that is go where the big red dar is, because invariably when one country is hording another is running a mission of similar size.
It's probably the family thing naughty. It's the same but when it's the same people over and over and over it wears on you. You switch countries to the same conditions but it is all fresh and new and you look at it with fresh and new eyes. And ears. :)

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #103 on: September 30, 2014, 07:26:30 PM »
Actually he said the object of the game was to piss the other guy off.

:lol  :aok
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #104 on: October 01, 2014, 04:13:33 AM »
I whined like this once.  Got told it was our turn in the bucket.  It was.  It was worse way beck then, way worse.  Bish are kinda weird, but to go Nit, that's like going Full Retard.  You never go Full Retard.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann