Author Topic: Later Bish !  (Read 3716 times)

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
Re: Later Bish !
« Reply #105 on: October 01, 2014, 12:46:35 PM »
   Do you not find it strange that the very ones claiming "No difference" are also the same ones you see on 200 claiming the other country only hordes, Hos, Climbs ect...

Some who do make claims like this do so tongue-in-cheek i.e. they are kidding....like a running joke among friends.
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #106 on: October 02, 2014, 01:24:53 AM »
   Do you not find it strange that the very ones claiming "No difference" are also the same ones you see on 200 claiming the other country only hordes, Hos, Climbs ect...

YA!!  I mean really... this would be a really stupid game without Climbing.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #107 on: October 02, 2014, 10:20:44 AM »

Over it !  For the last few months this game has seemed to get worse and worse. I just wasn't having fun anymore. Tonite was the final straw for me. We (Bishops) won the map. I don't know how.. since lately trying to get 2 bishops to do something together is like herding cats. Anyway, the new map opens, and instantly the Nits and Rooks are ganging us.  The thing is.. The Nits only have 3 bases on our front lines..  I call out repeatedly "Do not get stuck defending ! Pork their 3 fields and it will stop them in their tracks !"  But the call goes unanswered, The bishops instead opt to keep upping from the same capped field, hoping to shoot one or two planes down before getting picked. and the Nits roll 4 bases in under an hour.

I give up, I switched to Nits, and right off the bat the game became FUN again !  for starters... Vox was busy, but it was tactical. People calling check six, communicating about what was going on, plans being made..   when the large group was capturing a field, others were already prepping the next. pretty much everybody was working together.

On Bish vox, you hardly EVER get a check six. and 90% of the vox traffic is players complaining about being horded, ho'd or picked.

Anyway...  im over it. I'll be flying Nit for now on and looking forward to killing a few Bish that have been on my nerves for a long time ! like TOSH !

Once you cool off and can stay open minded, you will find that the same thing happens on Knights. If you move to Rooks, it will be no different. All sides are the same. It's refreshing to jump though. I know it kept the game interesting for me back when I played.
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #108 on: October 02, 2014, 11:16:03 AM »
Once you cool off and can stay open minded, you will find that the same thing happens on Knights. If you move to Rooks, it will be no different. All sides are the same. It's refreshing to jump though. I know it kept the game interesting for me back when I played.
I've often thought about changing sides just so I can talk and joke with a few of the peeps that I've fought with for so long would be fun..however I've listened to some of the die hard bish ridicule and brow beat some of the guys that did just that..I had a rook friend that I've actually met come to bish side late one night just to talk to and fight along side with me and when they recognized his icon now in green he was accused of being a spy and was not well greeted..I would imagine I would get that same reaction if I changed sides both from the side I changed to as well as the bish I have flown with for so long..
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #109 on: October 02, 2014, 11:19:24 AM »
I've often thought about changing sides just so I can talk and joke with a few of the peeps that I've fought with for so long would be fun..however I've listened to some of the die hard bish ridicule and brow beat some of the guys that did just that..I had a rook friend that I've actually met come to bish side late one night just to talk to and fight along side with me and when they recognized his icon now in green he was accused of being a spy and was not well greeted..I would imagine I would get that same reaction if I changed sides both from the side I changed to as well as the bish I have flown with for so long..

Same here, I've often got the BS "spy" accusations. Or was never usually treated well upon arrival, only when I went Bish though. :)
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #110 on: October 02, 2014, 11:28:15 AM »
Same here, I've often got the BS "spy" accusations. Or was never usually treated well upon arrival, only when I went Bish though. :)
:aok I mean it might be a lil awkward to see the icon that just killed you now is green up right next to you but I've seen it happen and after a few min of talking to him on vox it was fun to watch him put a hurt on his buds but only a couple of us would help him or talk to him cause no one else felt comfortable flying with him..even he was surprised by the cold shoulder he was getting LOL but he understood
"scott66"        

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #111 on: October 02, 2014, 11:28:30 AM »

I remember the first time I started switching sides often. Someone thought I was spying and tried to get everyone to report me.  :rofl

If you do it often enough then people start to realize you just want to fly with your friends.  :aok

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #112 on: October 02, 2014, 11:31:10 AM »
I remember the first time I started switching sides often. Someone thought I was spying and tried to get everyone to report me.  :rofl

If you do it often enough then people start to realize you just want to fly with your friends.  :aok

Not for me, some call me a filthy side switcher. :D :rofl :banana:
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #113 on: October 02, 2014, 11:31:51 AM »
:aok I mean it might be a lil awkward to see the icon that just killed you now is green up right next to you but I've seen it happen and after a few min of talking to him on vox it was fun to watch him put a hurt on his buds but only a couple of us would help him or talk to him cause no one else felt comfortable flying with him..even he was surprised by the cold shoulder he was getting LOL but he understood

Yup I know the feeling. :)
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #114 on: October 02, 2014, 11:33:21 AM »

LOL well that's because you are good well I would probably be no help and actually a handicap to the side I just switched to LOL
"scott66"        

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #115 on: October 05, 2014, 01:42:37 AM »
I only fly bish mostly because they tend to be the smallest side when I play. That said, if the knits and rooks are fighting one another I will switch.  All kidding aside, I cant agree the three sides are EXACTLY alike...there very small differences but they really are so slight the sides are effectively the same.  Some nights its just the luck of the draw...you get the bear or the bear gets you, eh?

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #116 on: October 06, 2014, 12:59:51 PM »
I only fly bish mostly because they tend to be the smallest side when I play. That said, if the knits and rooks are fighting one another I will switch.  All kidding aside, I cant agree the three sides are EXACTLY alike...there very small differences but they really are so slight the sides are effectively the same.  Some nights its just the luck of the draw...you get the bear or the bear gets you, eh?

LOL that sounded like double talk,  not the same but effectively the same, :)
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #117 on: October 06, 2014, 01:12:27 PM »

LOL that sounded like double talk,  not the same but effectively the same, :)

Kinda.  :)

How about "Really really really close."   ;)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #118 on: October 08, 2014, 10:17:34 PM »
Over it !  For the last few months this game has seemed to get worse and worse. I just wasn't having fun anymore. Tonite was the final straw for me. We (Bishops) won the map. I don't know how.. since lately trying to get 2 bishops to do something together is like herding cats. Anyway, the new map opens, and instantly the Nits and Rooks are ganging us.  The thing is.. The Nits only have 3 bases on our front lines..  I call out repeatedly "Do not get stuck defending ! Pork their 3 fields and it will stop them in their tracks !"  But the call goes unanswered, The bishops instead opt to keep upping from the same capped field, hoping to shoot one or two planes down before getting picked. and the Nits roll 4 bases in under an hour.

I give up, I switched to Nits, and right off the bat the game became FUN again !  for starters... Vox was busy, but it was tactical. People calling check six, communicating about what was going on, plans being made..   when the large group was capturing a field, others were already prepping the next. pretty much everybody was working together.

On Bish vox, you hardly EVER get a check six. and 90% of the vox traffic is players complaining about being horded, ho'd or picked.

Anyway...  im over it. I'll be flying Nit for now on and looking forward to killing a few Bish that have been on my nerves for a long time ! like TOSH !

One can almost picture the carotid artery pulsating on his already blood red neck.   The fist pounding on the desk as his "expertise" goes unanswered, because no one else truly gives a rats posterior as they only play for fun.   

Maybe take a two day nap, get laid, grab a sixer and relax.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #119 on: October 08, 2014, 10:34:12 PM »
I personally do believe there are subtle differences between the pieces...overall...the same things go on but there are differences...but mainly with conduct of individuals in a group....

What is really irking me though is that I have never been hassled for being a spy....I am just so P'd off right now reading this...it has been going on for years...