Author Topic: WHHHAAAAAH!!!  (Read 12520 times)

Offline Doc72

• Copper Member
Re: WHHHAAAAAH!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2014, 02:08:24 PM »
Wow....I'm with you on this one Waystin!! This more of a :banana: :banana: :banana: "look at me, look at me" thread.

Don't get sucked into it Pepps. I think you're a good person and stick for being a cracked egg.  :aok  :D  :neener:

:rock  :cheers:

:salute Pepps!!

Doc72CH
XO 364th C-Hawks
Professional bait
aka: sparky

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2014, 02:19:41 PM »
Good! And techically yes, it was a whine.  But it was also a vulch.    ;)   :salute

It wasn't a vulch, nor a "pick" like you first claimed.  You were not attempting to land or take off, just flying around the outer edge of your base using the field ack as cover while defending your base.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2014, 02:28:20 PM »
It wasn't a vulch, nor a "pick" like you first claimed.  You were not attempting to land or take off, just flying around the outer edge of your base using the field ack as cover while defending your base.

ack-ack

My use of the term "pick" was by mistake.  Actually, I was trying to slow down to land or (more likely) ditch.  I was indeed using the field ack to cover me during this time.  Given the large number of red guys over the field I figured my chances of success were very low.  *shrug* It happens.... 

The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2014, 02:31:25 PM »
You can tell Fulcrum is upset when he shortens the name of the person he's fussing at to something ending in Y.   :rofl
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2014, 02:42:22 PM »
This more of a :banana: :banana: :banana: "look at me, look at me" thread.

No sir.  It's a public response as private ones are frowned upon.  No worries!  

Don't get sucked into it Pepps. I think you're a good person and stick for being a cracked egg.  :aok  :D  :neener:

I've never claimed otherwise for either, nor will I do so.

You can tell Fulcrum is upset when he shortens the name of the person he's fussing at to something ending in Y.   :rofl

:lol I'm not upset when I do so.   I just figure that is more polite than calling someone I disagree with a "tard".

BTW - Your name doesn't sound right with a "Y" at the end.   :lol

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Pepprr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2014, 03:22:42 PM »
Wow....I'm with you on this one Waystin!! This more of a :banana: :banana: :banana: "look at me, look at me" thread.

Don't get sucked into it Pepps. I think you're a good person and stick for being a cracked egg.  :aok  :D  :neener:

:rock  :cheers:

:salute Pepps!!

lol Doc...not getting sucked into it.  :aok
 :salute

No sir.  It's a public response as private ones are frowned upon.  No worries!  

:lol I'm not upset when I do so.   I just figure that is more polite than calling someone I disagree with a "tard".

Yes, you got it!  Pm's to me from YOU are frowned upon.. :aok
And you prefer "dumbarse" or "moron" to tard.   :headscratch:

:salute  and Cya
 :rolleyes:

~AoM~

SSACIFMTSHU 
My vids :)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk0db9fARH0

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2014, 05:04:23 PM »
Turning your engine off in mid flight ought to have similar characteristics in AH as it would to RL.

If you need a gamey maneuver to win, I guess you indeed need it.

Sporting nope  :bolt:
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2014, 05:37:40 PM »
Turning your engine off in mid flight ought to have similar characteristics in AH as it would to RL.

The funny thing is, despite what some players think recently, it doesn't work in AH like they think it does.  It's like the old AH urban myth that trimming full up elevator will make you turn tighter.

ack-ack

Offline RELIC

• Nickel Member
      • http://DFA-Squad.org/
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2014, 05:59:13 PM »
The funny thing is, despite what some players think recently, it doesn't work in AH like they think it does.  It's like the old AH urban myth that trimming full up elevator will make you turn tighter.

ack-ack

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh
DGSII Scenario-2012  352nd FG/487th FS
P-51D "Cold Gin"
Noseart

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2014, 06:12:06 PM »
Turning off engine in AH doesnt win fights, doesnt even provide the advantage that the goofs who do it think it does.

Otherwise, lame OP.
Fear? You bet your life...but that all leaves you as you reach combat. Then there's a sense of great excitement, a thrill you can't duplicate anywhere...it's actually fun. Yes, I think it is the most exciting fun in the world. — Lt. Col. Robert B. "Westy" Westbrook, USAAF 6/<--lol@mod

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2014, 06:14:13 PM »

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2014, 06:47:35 PM »
lol turn your engine off while in combat  :rofl :rofl    and yes this is most definitely a look at me thread
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2014, 07:17:56 PM »
And you prefer "dumbarse" or "moron" to tard.   :headscratch:

:lol I try, most of the time, to keep it relatively civil.....but similar to you never claiming to be a good pilot.... I've never claimed to be a saint.

:angel:

(Image removed from quote.)

Speaking of people who PMs and shade.  :lol 

Come on Slash(y), you need to come up with a new approach.  Even I don't find that insulting anymore.

And yet, it does work.  Or rather, it does for some who employ it.

and yes this is most definitely a look at me thread

And who are you again?  :lol

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2014, 07:41:54 PM »
Who am I ?  just a player who plays a game with my squadmates we have a great time flying , I fly with respect towards others looking for that good one versus one fight, I keep quiet on 200 like I said I play this game respectfully always have since 2003 ....

you just seem like the typical attention-seeking troll who can't stay in the squad, who gets kicked out of squads blah blah blah ad nauseum  but hey you can keep swimming in your awesome sauce   :aok  honestly I don't even know why I even responded to a troll like you I surely won't be wasting anymore time with that.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2014, 07:48:31 PM »
And yet, it does work.  Or rather, it does for some who employ it.

Chopping throttle and using some slip will be just as effective in shedding E to force the over shoot, more effective than shutting down the engine and then turning it back on.  It is also a desperation move.

When AH first came out and until it was fixed (around 2001 or so) it was used a lot because there was no penalty to doing it but that was ceased to be when the engine start up was changed to stop such gamey tactics.  Like I said, it's just another myth that only really works in the eye of the beholder.

ack-ack
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 08:32:12 PM by Ack-Ack »