Author Topic: What would you do?  (Read 3696 times)

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
What would you do?
« on: September 30, 2014, 11:35:12 PM »
If pursay, you were in charge of HTC... What would you do? Would you change anytning or keep it the way it is going as it has made it the last 14+ years?

Just a curious thread, not meant in any flaming manner what so ever.

:airplane:
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
Re: What would you do?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 11:38:35 PM »
well since they are upgrading I would say they are making changes. I think that's the right thing to do as well. Now are these changes enough to intrest new people I cant say.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 04:17:26 AM »
Make stick stirring far more sensitive, and G-forces do SOMETHING to the pilot.   Oh, and fire Skuzzy.  :devil
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 06:56:25 AM »
I'd hire someone to make maps. Maps where the terrain, towns and bases wasn't all the same exact layout as every other map. I'd change the way CV groups are....meaning different size groups where the ships move independently of each other. Allow planes like TBMs, SBDs and other torpedo planes to get in close enough to at least have a chance at dropping ord before the ack destroys them. Have factories to bomb that would cut down on the type of planes or GVs in the battle....i.e. Spitfire factories, Tiger tank factories, P51 factories etc.
Add railroad heads that can be built or destroyed to control supplies on small portions of maps. Cut out the 12hr switch rule and cut down on some of these stupid pilot wounds. Reduce ack at fields to make masterbaiters actually fight instead of fly around hoping for a proxy kill. That just promotes crappy cowardly play.

You can make the game pretty with sunsets and real looking water until the cows come home, but if the game itself is boring and routine day in and day out ....well... you'll get what ya got.

Oh, and what Tumor said except for the Skuzzy part  :D
Charlie don't surf!

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 07:14:17 AM »
Team up with some computer companies who sell gaming computers.  Bundle aces high and throw in 6 months of free subscription.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 07:23:29 AM »
Keep the company as is.  Small is better, imo. That keeps the crew within arms reach of the players. Plus, the owners, operators, antagonists, etc, understand exactly what is going on since their hands are dirty in all things Aces High each and every day.

As far as game changes...

1> Different hardness settings for different OBJ.  The 312 lbs base for so many of the day to day OBJ is a bit over simplified, imo.
2> Change the damage to the HQ so that it is scaled. Currently, it is all or none.  I think there should be some in between damage (no dots, but dar bars available, etc)
3> Ammo and troops damage to should be scaled like the fuel. The "all or none" is a bit much, imo.
4> Mix up the troop carries so that each has its own benefit. Meaning- let the C47 carry 16 troops, the LVT2 12, the M3 and SdKfz/251 carry 10, etc. Keep the capture threshold at 10, but mix it up!
5> Let there be about 4 variations of each map. Meaning- swap out bases long the front so the dynamics change. 
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2014, 07:29:09 AM »
If pursay, you were in charge of HTC... What would you do?

To answer that, I would have to know first what resources are available to me. Dreams and wishes I have a lot...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2014, 07:32:19 AM »
Merge/sell/deal with a bigger game developer with the resources to turn AH into CLOD+AH servers or at least WT+AH servers.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2014, 08:21:39 AM »

To answer that, I would have to know first what resources are available to me. Dreams and wishes I have a lot...

Same here, I couldn't answer without knowing first.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2014, 08:24:11 AM »
Submarines.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2014, 08:53:39 AM »
The new terrain sure isn't state of the art for 2014, but it will be good enough.

The plane graphics are a different story.  Some of them still look like Playstation1 era graphics.  If they all were on par with the new Yaks, that would be good enough.  After finishing the terrain, I would go full tilt into updating much of the set. 

These all need to be redone, IMO:

F4U
P-38
P-47
P-51
B-17
B-24
Spit
Ki-84
F4F/FM2
A-20/Boston
SBD
TBM
Tempest
Ju-88
Ki-61
B5N
D3A
Ki-67
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 08:57:26 AM by caldera »
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2014, 09:19:48 AM »
I'd get rid of the early and mid war arenas and then take control of the AvA arena, enable all axis planes on one side, all allied on another and take every base from the 3rd country and assign to the other two.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2014, 09:22:42 AM »
Hire Dale and put him in charge.

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2014, 09:28:23 AM »
Depends on how much money I want to make. Wanna go public? Can you say War Thunder?    :D
325th Checkertails

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2014, 09:38:24 AM »
The new terrain sure isn't state of the art for 2014, but it will be good enough.

The plane graphics are a different story.  Some of them still look like Playstation1 era graphics.  If they all were on par with the new Yaks, that would be good enough.  After finishing the terrain, I would go full tilt into updating much of the set. 

These all need to be redone, IMO:

F4U
P-38
P-47
P-51
B-17
B-24
Spit
Ki-84
F4F/FM2
A-20/Boston
SBD
TBM
Tempest
Ju-88
Ki-61
B5N
D3A
Ki-67

Best to just update the ones from AH1 first, some of these look decent enough to be able to wait a bit longer.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"