Author Topic: What would you do?  (Read 3692 times)

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
Re: What would you do?
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2014, 02:16:20 PM »
Keep the company as is.  Small is better, imo. That keeps the crew within arms reach of the players. Plus, the owners, operators, antagonists, etc, understand exactly what is going on since their hands are dirty in all things Aces High each and every day.

As far as game changes...

1> Different hardness settings for different OBJ.  The 312 lbs base for so many of the day to day OBJ is a bit over simplified, imo.
2> Change the damage to the HQ so that it is scaled. Currently, it is all or none.  I think there should be some in between damage (no dots, but dar bars available, etc)
3> Ammo and troops damage to should be scaled like the fuel. The "all or none" is a bit much, imo.
4> Mix up the troop carries so that each has its own benefit. Meaning- let the C47 carry 16 troops, the LVT2 12, the M3 and SdKfz/251 carry 10, etc. Keep the capture threshold at 10, but mix it up!
5> Let there be about 4 variations of each map. Meaning- swap out bases long the front so the dynamics change. 

I would also let real life players count as troops if they want to bail and go into the bunker.
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2014, 03:49:16 PM »
1. Make ENY twice as punishing than it is now.

2. Enable zone ENY; allow it to also affect global ENY as well. For example, if you log on and your ENY is 10 but you go fight a horde it could potentially eliminate your ENY penalties.

3. Entertain solutions to the large map/few player conundrum. (I don't have a fix to suggest)

4. Change the 12 hour side switch rule to 2-4 hours.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2014, 03:55:38 PM »
Hire Dale and put him in charge.

How much will you be pay per year?

HiTech

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2014, 03:58:53 PM »
How much will you be pay per year?

HiTech

How big a lotto I gotta win to give the lot of ya a raise and buy a distillery?
(Wife said its very Jewish of me to answer a question with a question. She should know. Oh, and she's onboard.)

Offline palef

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2014, 05:01:17 PM »
Hit the <enter> key three times, then the "o" key, and get utterly smashed on Laphroig while I float to the ground.
Retired

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2014, 06:27:51 PM »
Cut my losses, sellout out to the highest bidder, buy commercial property and land with the profits, let my investment work for me, employ a manager for my properties sit back and enjoy my time with my family and deal with one screaming child (with a view to work on a few more). hmmm and a wife.... maybe it would be prudent to get a part time job just to have a good reason to leave the house from time to time.  :D
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 06:31:51 PM by SPKmes »

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2014, 06:36:02 PM »
I would tell SkyRock to stop owning everyone so much.... nah... I wouldn't...  :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2014, 08:07:37 PM »
See r4
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 09:44:39 PM by hitech »
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2014, 09:14:08 PM »
well I would incorporate player-controlled infantry into the game instead of using the AI infantry to capture a town you would have to use 6-8 real players to actually capture the town but there could also be enemy infantry in there protecting it which could lead to some really great battles along with towable/player controllable artillery guns for busting spawn campers but with player controlled infantry they would also have to worry about getting killed with a satchel charge, eliminate the ww1 arena replace it with a Korean War era....
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2014, 09:23:26 PM »
1. Make ENY twice as punishing than it is now.

2. Enable zone ENY; allow it to also affect global ENY as well. For example, if you log on and your ENY is 10 but you go fight a horde it could potentially eliminate your ENY penalties.

3. Entertain solutions to the large map/few player conundrum. (I don't have a fix to suggest)

4. Change the 12 hour side switch rule to 2-4 hours.

I like these.

As for the large map, small population issue, I'd go with a strong ad campaign and maybe add a F2P set of aircraft in the main arenas. The maps are fine, we just need more numbers. Get them hooked and then they will pay to play, just like any other addiction  :devil

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2014, 09:39:08 PM »
After 6 months of membership, I would send a AH T-shirt and ball cap for customers.
1) To show appreciation for membership.
2) What better way to get advertising for next to nothing.

After 1 year of membership - 1 free month

:cheers: Oz

Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Online Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2014, 09:57:54 PM »
For fun I would have the Ah1 server back up and running for those that just want a simple fight with simple aircraft
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2014, 01:08:01 AM »
After 6 months of membership, I would send a AH T-shirt and ball cap for customers.
1) To show appreciation for membership.
2) What better way to get advertising for next to nothing.

After 1 year of membership - 1 free month

:cheers: Oz

I believe if you pay 6 months in advance you get a free month.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Xavier

• Copper Member
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2014, 01:15:26 AM »
I'd ban you all! And then I'd ban myself!  :old:
Started from the bottom...still at the bottom.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2014, 01:33:40 AM »
How big a lotto I gotta win to give the lot of ya a raise and buy a distillery?
(Wife said its very Jewish of me to answer a question with a question. She should know. Oh, and she's onboard.)

Your Jewish!

What are bagels about?.

They taste of air :old:

Meat pies taste of meat!

Pretzels :cry
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario