Author Topic: Dueling Bracket Training Camp/Preseason  (Read 8713 times)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Dueling Bracket Training Camp/Preseason
« on: October 04, 2014, 11:10:21 AM »
I know people have asked when the next dueling bracket will be.  Expect sign-ups for the Twelfth Aces High Bracket Championship Dueling Tournament to begin in January.  If you don't know what I'm talking about do a search for Dueling Bracket in this forum (author BaldEagle will narrow the results).

In the meantime I thought we could have a little fun (inspired by the NFL's training camps and preseason).  

Sign up here to participate in the Dueling Bracket Training Camp/Preseason.  For every four players who sign up I will create a four man bracket with two players on each side of the bracket.  The first week's duels will determine who plays for first and second and who plays for third and fourth in that bracket the following week.  Hopefully we'll have several brackets running simultaneously and independent of one another.  At the conclusion of the two week bracket(s) I'll reshuffle the players and we'll start again.  Hopefully we'll get three of these in between now and Thanksgiving and that will conclude the session.  

Regular Dueling Tournament rules as applied to the Eleventh Dueling Bracket will be enforced however there will be no requirement to film or to post films (it's still in your best interest to film from take-off in the case of a dispute).

I'll use this thread to post and track the brackets.  If you aren't signed up by next Sunday, October 12 you can still join the fun but will have to wait until the next round starts to be assigned a duel.  Sign-ups will officially end on November 9th as the training camp/preseason third round commences.  You can play as many or as few rounds as you choose, just post here if you are dropping out before a round begins.

I believe this format will provide a number of benefits to those interested in attempting the tournament (or those just looking to have a little fun):

1.  Continuous dueling over a six week period (no eliminations).  This is big for those who would be eliminated in two rounds in the tournament.
2.  A variety of opponents (most likely six different opponents over the six week session).  A chance to test yourself against more different fighting styles, meet more people and seek help from them if desired.
3.  A variety of plane selections (again, possibly six different planes over the six week session).  A chance to step outside your comfort zone and possibly learn a different style of fighting.
4.  A good indication of how you stack up and what areas you need work on over the ensuing two moths before the tournament begins, and the time to get that help.
5.  No need to commit to six weeks.  If your schedule only accommodates two weeks then pick the round that works for you.

As always, I'll be the first to sign up.  I hope we have a good turnout for this as I think it's going to be a lot of fun.

I'll post the first brackets on Sunday, October 12th.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 11:13:22 AM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
Re: Dueling Bracket Training Camp/Preseason
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 11:28:33 AM »
I'm in.

Ingame: Ratio
Top Gun

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 11:32:27 AM »
Rules

· Setting up the Brackets

- Brackets will be determined by random draw of names produced by a random number generator in MS Excel.
- If a player changes their in-game or BBs name during the session they must either post that change in this thread or PM me with the change.  The brackets are set by in-game name so people need to know who to look for.
- The initial brackets will be posted on Sunday, October 12th and each Sunday thereafter until the preseason is concluded.

· General Rules

- Duels must be arranged between the players to take place by 6:00 PM CST/CDT Sunday following each bracket update (6 days).
- Duel series will be best of five.  
- First duel plane selection will be assigned using a random number generator to select from all available fighter and fighter/attack aircraft (except the Me163, Me262 and WWI aircraft).  This will be done individually for each set of duelers.
- The loser of each duel selects the aircraft for the next duel.  
- All duels will take place in the DA canyon area.
- All duelists will fly in F1 view mode (in-cockpit).
- All duels will be player’s choice of fuel load out, gun package and convergence.  Firing off ammo prior to engagement is allowed.
- All merges will be guns cold (no firing until you have passed your opponent's 3/9 line).
- All merges will be co-alt at 7.5K until within icon range at which point a merge break can begin.  Players should expeditiously climb to merge altitude.
- Anything goes after the initial merge.
- Once one player has been shot down and the other receives a kill message the duel ends.  There is no need to land.

· Posting Results

- The losing player will post in this thread after the duel series in the following format:

§ Plane - Winner
§ Plane - Winner
§ Plane - Winner
§ Plane - Winner (if needed)
§ Plane - Winner (if needed)

- The loser posting verifies that the results are uncontested.  If the loser hasn't posted by the deadline then the winner may post the results.
- This information must be posted by no later than 6:00 PM CST/CDT (as appropriate) Sunday following the posting of the updated bracket.

· Special Circumstances Affecting the Outcome of a Duel

- In the case of a draw (both run out of fuel for instance) that duel will be re-fought using the same aircraft.
- In the case of a collision:
  o If only one player collides (only one gets the collision message) the duel continues.
  o If both players collide (both get the collision message) the duel immediately ends and will be re-started in the same planes.
- Ditching or bailing constitutes forfeiture of the duel.
- The intent is for players to remain in close proximity to one another (2-3K max).  If at any time the players lose icon range on one another the duel ends immediately and will be re-started using the same planes.  
- If an uninvited third party interrupts the duel the duel is immediately ended and will be re-started using the same plane.  The dueling participants may move to any other mutually agreed upon set of fields in the DA in this instance.
- If a player experiences technical and/or equipment issues the duel will continue.  After the duel that player will be allowed fifteen minutes to correct such issues and re-log to complete any remaining duels in the series.  If he/she does not or is unable to re-log within 15 minutes he/she will lose any remaining duels by default.
- If a player disco’s the duel will be re-fought in the same planes as soon as the discoing player re-logs.  If he/she does not or is unable to re-log within 15 minutes he/she will lose the series by default.  A second disco by the same player in a series will result in forfeiture of the remaining duels in that series.

· Forfeitures

- If a player does not show within 15 minutes of the arranged time they forfeit the series.  
- If a duel cannot be arranged between two players each player will have a chance to post the circumstances in this thread prior to the posting deadline.  If only one player posts and it is clear that they are making an attempt to arrange their duel then that player will advance.  If both players post and it is clear that the issue lies with only one player then the player not at fault will advance.  If it is unclear which player is at fault, or if neither player posts then a random draw will determine which player advances.

· Filming

- Filming is encouraged in case a dispute arises.

· Contests and Disputes

- Each player has the opportunity to dispute results for potential rules violations.  If a player suspects a rules violation they can state their case in this thread or contact me via PM.  Disputes must be entered by the regular deadlines.  The player must include a description of what they believe the rules violation to be and submit films if available.  I reserve the right to determine an appropriate course of action which could include but will not be not limited to overturning posted results, a rematch, a random draw or the expulsion of one or both players from the session(s).  My determination will be final.  For the advancing player and their next opponent the normal 6:00 PM Sunday deadline will still apply.  Because this could delay both the winner's and his/her next opponent's ability to arrange their next duel it is in the best interest of everyone that the players reach an agreeable conclusion to their duels on their own.

· Rules Violations

- Violations of the official tournament rules as stated could constitute grounds for expulsion from the session(s).

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 11:34:06 AM »
I'm down for this.   Glzzuhu
See Rule #4

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2014, 11:36:54 AM »
Natcigg would like to join the fun.

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2014, 11:39:07 AM »
Sure you betcha..  :aok
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2014, 01:26:26 PM »
Here's a copy of the brackets we'll be using for this:

« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 01:29:39 PM by BaldEagl »

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2014, 04:00:13 PM »
I'll be someone's cannon fodder....Copprhed in
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2014, 08:16:40 PM »
WOOOOOOOO

Count me in!! JollyJR.

(Don't put me up against Ratio, Krupnski, or Anarchy.)   :neener: :neener: :joystick: :airplane:

Thanks!!

<<S>>
JollyJR

3./JG 53 cheerleader - Battle Over The Winter Line - FLY AXIS - JRjolly

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2014, 08:17:40 PM »
WOOOOOOOO

Count me in!! JollyJR.

(Don't put me up against Ratio, Krupnski, or Anarchy.)   :neener: :neener: :joystick: :airplane:

Thanks!!

<<S>>
JollyJR

My girlfriend is flying this one  :D
Top Gun

Offline dogtag380

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2014, 10:25:49 PM »
Sounds like fun.  Count me in.

AKTap
AKTap