Author Topic: Name that WW2 Thing  (Read 17064 times)

Offline Cthulhu

• Gold Member
Re: Name that WW2 Thing
« Reply #90 on: October 21, 2014, 01:56:40 PM »
Since 2002 I always wondered why you guys had no interest in one of the most important instruments to this kiddy shoot-em up game. Here you bunch of lectus habitaculo barbarorum.

(Image removed from quote.)

And proud of it! Now, can you insult us in Kanji too?
"Think of Tetris as a metaphor for life:  You spend all your time trying to find a place for your long thin piece, then when you finally do, everything you've built disappears"

Offline Cthulhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #91 on: October 21, 2014, 03:57:17 PM »
"Think of Tetris as a metaphor for life:  You spend all your time trying to find a place for your long thin piece, then when you finally do, everything you've built disappears"

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: October 21, 2014, 04:21:30 PM »
V2 guidance computer...
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #93 on: October 21, 2014, 04:31:47 PM »
No no no, its not the guidance computer its the de-bugger for the guidance computer.
Pies not kicks.

Offline Cthulhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #94 on: October 21, 2014, 04:52:31 PM »
No no no, its not the guidance computer its the de-bugger for the guidance computer.
Literally   :lol

Come on guys, the guy behind this program is quite famous.

Offline Muzzy

• Silver Member
« Reply #95 on: October 21, 2014, 04:54:18 PM »
Project Pigeon, I'm guessing...B.F. Skinner ( SKINNNERRR!!!!) trained bird to peck at a specific point thereby guiding the bomb to its target. Cancelled because let's face it who's gonna trust a pigeon?

I don't have any cool pictures of weird stuff, so someone else can take my turn if I'm right. :)

CO 111 Sqdn Black Arrows

Wng Cdr, No. 2 Tactical Bomber Group, RAF, "Today's Target" Scenario. "You maydie, but you will not be bored!"

Offline Cthulhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #96 on: October 21, 2014, 05:06:08 PM »
Project Pigeon, I'm guessing...B.F. Skinner ( SKINNNERRR!!!!) trained bird to peck at a specific point thereby guiding the bomb to its target. Cancelled because let's face it who's gonna trust a pigeon?

I don't have any cool pictures of weird stuff, so someone else can take my turn if I'm right. :)
Yep. Skinner was a genius.  He advanced the behavioral sciences more than anyone.

Offline Muzzy

• Silver Member
« Reply #97 on: October 21, 2014, 05:16:44 PM »
Yep. Skinner was a genius.  He advanced the behavioral sciences more than anyone.

Too bad his grandson ended up a high school principal. :)

CO 111 Sqdn Black Arrows

Wng Cdr, No. 2 Tactical Bomber Group, RAF, "Today's Target" Scenario. "You maydie, but you will not be bored!"

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: October 21, 2014, 05:33:53 PM »
And proud of it! Now, can you insult us in Kanji too?

Lets hope Waffle is interested. It was mounted in the Raiden because of it's compact size. It was a copy of the Revi25 which should be the gunsights in the back seat of the 410.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #99 on: October 21, 2014, 05:46:57 PM »
Looks like something we all know very well doesn't it?

Looks like IJN's Type 3 gunsight for obliquely mounted weapons.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #100 on: October 21, 2014, 05:51:42 PM »
Lets hope Waffle is interested. It was mounted in the Raiden because of it's compact size. It was a copy of the Revi25 which should be the gunsights in the back seat of the 410.

AFAIK Raiden had either the regular Type 98 or Type 4.

I certainly wouldn't want to have that sharp edge of the Type 3 in front of my face in the event of a crash landing...
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #101 on: October 21, 2014, 06:47:33 PM »
Pad is missing. Was mounted in the Gekko because it had a FoV for aiming the upward firing two 20mm.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Cthulhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #102 on: October 22, 2014, 10:03:26 AM »

Offline Charge

• Gold Member
"When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a giant meteor hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless of course, it's death by meteorite."

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #104 on: October 23, 2014, 12:19:44 PM »
Up next...

"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech