Author Topic: ACES HIGH DC Player Meet 201?  (Read 9019 times)

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
ACES HIGH DC Player Meet 201?
« on: October 17, 2014, 06:47:28 PM »

Aces High players in the DC area! This is a thread started to plan a meeting of local players for a little get together.

This is for everyone. Please feel free to post your name and your squad here along with your interest in participating.
Also, throw out some ideas other than seeing the museum and having a drink afterwards. This should be a super fun
event. We hope to have a big gathering.

Thanks for the suggestion Scca.  :aok

:salute

Redtail7

CO: 332nd Fighter Group
AKWarHwk of the Arabian Knights
Aces High Scenario, FSO, and Combat Challenge Teams
Don't let your ego get too close to your position, so that if your position gets shot down, your ego doesn't go with it. General Colin Powell

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
Re: ACES HIGH DC Player Meet 201?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 06:56:10 PM »
Too back it's not in Denver , lol .
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 06:57:10 PM »
I am in for the meet, only condition from my schedule that has no wiggle in it (has to be a Saturday).

I am still up for the turn around trip just to say hello anytime in the near future when I put the Mrs.' wheels back on the ground.  The sooner the better, she will insist on having the roof down.... no matter what temperature is  :confused:

In the spirit of solidarity for Stampf, I would suggest some type of benefit or planned volunteer event at a local children's hospital, or Veteran's Administration Hospital.

I worked on the campus of the West Los Angeles, VA and definitely met some interesting folks.  I am no competition in chess anymore (never really was), but maybe there is something that local staff have an idea of what the occupants would want to do, that we could volunteer to man, or sponsor.

Health will not allow participation in marathons or walks (although I could man a booth).
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 07:06:46 PM by Chilli »

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 07:59:45 PM »
I am definitely in. I will do a run of complimentary T-shirts marking the celebration.

A meeting is one thing, but a gathering with Computers as earlier suggested is tough for logistics as some type of conference center or reception hall must be be booked. I have a few squaddies on the East Coast, but not much closer than me in driving distance or time.

There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2014, 08:18:46 PM »
Sounds interesting and I'm not opposed to doing it. I'm assuming you're talking about the Smithsonian when you say museum.

DC is quite a drive for me but I could make it in about two or three hours. My condition would be that it has to be a weekend event, and not this weekend. Preferably planned at least a week ahead of time.

As for a suggestion of other things to do, if they are still showing Fury I've been interestined in going to see that.

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2014, 08:32:07 PM »
Sounds interesting and I'm not opposed to doing it. I'm assuming you're talking about the Smithsonian when you say museum.

DC is quite a drive for me but I could make it in about two or three hours. My condition would be that it has to be a weekend event, and not this weekend. Preferably planned at least a week ahead of time.

As for a suggestion of other things to do, if they are still showing Fury I've been interestined in going to see that.

It's a 3.5-4 hour drive for me possibly more with traffic. I would plan for Spring or Summer of 2015.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2014, 08:40:37 PM »
I might be able to make it in the spring time, 2015.

All I ask is to avoid booking anything the time the cherry blossoms are in bloom in DC as the capital is usually busy and all the hotels are booked solid.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2014, 08:57:18 PM »
All I ask is to avoid booking anything the time the cherry blossoms are in bloom in DC as the capital is usually busy and all the hotels are booked solid.

Good Call.

I should've added that I am familiar with the area. I have family in Bowie, MD and I used to live in the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia so I frequented the area quite often. In fact I will be there November 1st. :)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 08:58:59 PM by Nefarious »

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2014, 10:18:51 PM »
This is great guys! Reach out to your friends and squaddies to partake and help plan the event. The next scenario is not to o far off, so trying to plan around that may not be a good idea at all. Time would be too short.

But great suggestions:

- Volunteering
 - Seeing a movie
 - Grabbing Food

I am hearing 2015 allot, understanding that this is just a get together.

The more ideas you guys throw in the better our agenda will be for the day.

Keep the ideas flowing fellas.  :aok
Don't let your ego get too close to your position, so that if your position gets shot down, your ego doesn't go with it. General Colin Powell

Offline Ravenfire

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2014, 11:09:52 PM »
Been away from AH2 for about 2-3 years, but returning soon to action.  I am approx. 2-2.5 hours from DC here in Dover DE, so I'll bee keeping an eye on this one and make plans accordingly.

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2014, 11:41:24 PM »
Anyone around Memphis  going PM me .
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2014, 04:18:30 AM »
Here is an idea while we are at the museum. The A&S museum has a pretty cool F-4 Phantom Combat Flight Simulator. What say the highest scorer gets a prize sponsored by the group. I flew this with my son about five or six years ago and he was pretty dang good. Chip off the old block. :lol  Hey, come to think of if it, he beat me.  :headscratch:

The simulator is pretty cool because the roll axis rotates 360 degrees! Hang on to your hat.  :x

How'd you like to take that home with yah.  :aok

Click on the image for more info;

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2014, 04:20:13 AM »
Oh btw, The National Rifle Association Headquarters is right down the road a bit as well.  :salute

Just thought I'd throw that in...

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2014, 05:09:31 AM »
Fellas, I am going to start working on a agenda that kind of ensures that we are in the right place at the right time.

To start...

Breakfast - This will be our initial meet and greet. This way most of us will be together before heading out to the museum.

Anyone can make suggestions on where to meet up, but I saw this place which is no more than a two or three miles away from the museum.

Click on the image to see more details.

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2014, 05:35:44 AM »
ACES HIGH DC Players Meet 201? - Meeting Date Suggestion

In order to give everyone amble opportunity to plan on participating in the gathering, I have researched a date that is pretty interesting.

I heard springtime would be pretty good time for most folks. Seeing that this time frame would give us enough time to plan as well.

So check this out.

Saturday APRIL 18, 2015 - The 73rd Anniversary  of the DOOLITTLE RAID on Tokyo Japan

What think you gentlemen?

30 Seconds Over Tokyo?