Author Topic: <S> and Ty AKAK  (Read 662 times)

Offline Coalcat1

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
<S> and Ty AKAK
« on: October 21, 2014, 04:32:40 PM »
 First of all, Ty for staying out of the 1v1s at TT for a bit, not many pilots will do that anymore. Also Ty for fighting clean even though you were bingo fuel, even less pilots will do this anymore. And lastly, Ty for the convergence, landed 6 kills in my first P38J sortie using it along with my normal flying style.

:salute to one of the few remaining greats

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
Re: <S> and Ty AKAK
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 04:43:24 PM »
AKAK He's a great pilot always a lot of fun to fly around you want to learn all about the p38 J he's the man, only took about 7 years to finally hear him on the range channel.... He does have a voice he is not a mute lol   :joystick:
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 04:45:59 PM »
AKAK is a good dude.  I remember him killing me 38 v 38 and then answering a few of my noobish PM's while I tried to figure it out.   :old:
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 04:57:26 PM »
 AKAK is a BPH  :rock

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 05:12:45 PM »
only took about 7 years to finally hear him on the range channel.... He does have a voice he is not a mute lol

I've often wondered why he rarely uses vox in game.  Maybe he's a celebrity who is concerned about being recognized by his voice, like Justin Bieber or something.   AKAK <> Midway  AKAK = Bieber ???   :D

AKAK recently helped me solve a stick calibration issue that was causing my stick to "drift" while in a gun or tank, making it impossible to aim precisely.  Sure enough, his advice fixed the problem and sure enough the next kill I got with a tank or gun... AKAK (him in an M3, no less)!  What were the chances of that??!!  We even had a bit of a laugh about it via PM.

AKAK's one of the good guys, for someone who can be such an annoying red guy -- if ya know what I mean.

<S>
Ryno
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 05:40:21 PM »
I've often wondered why he rarely uses vox in game.  Maybe he's a celebrity who is concerned about being recognized by his voice, like Justin Bieber or something.   AKAK <> Midway  AKAK = Bieber ???   :D

AKAK recently helped me solve a stick calibration issue that was causing my stick to "drift" while in a gun or tank, making it impossible to aim precisely.  Sure enough, his advice fixed the problem and sure enough the next kill I got with a tank or gun... AKAK (him in an M3, no less)!  What were the chances of that??!!  We even had a bit of a laugh about it via PM.

AKAK's one of the good guys, for someone who can be such an annoying red guy -- if ya know what I mean.

<S>
Ryno

AKAK is self conscious about his soprano voice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCa0mHmxvQ0

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2014, 08:48:02 PM »
AKAK --- solid guy on all counts.  :salute

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2014, 09:35:31 PM »
AKAK's one of the good guys

Agreed.  He's helped a lot of people for a long time.

- oldman

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2014, 11:03:02 PM »

Agreed.  He's helped a lot of people for a long time.

- oldman

Doesn't make him hesitate to jump on people when they are down, though.
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2014, 02:37:23 AM »
AKAK is very knowledgeable in both AH and with regards to other games.  Many don't know that he works in the gaming industry, and has worked from flight sim specific companies as well, such as CH Products.  He's also sort of the keeper of the keys so far as "remember when" stories in Aces High.  I don't think he's failed anyone yet when queried about one incident or another.

A very dedicated pilot, over a decade of flying that bomber around shows real commitment. 

His liveleak links are to avoided however, especially the Japanese Naval Air Force ones.