Author Topic: Ethics of HO Shooting.....  (Read 14026 times)

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
Re: Ethics of HO Shooting.....
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2014, 06:05:25 PM »
Whether your bullets hit them in the back or in the front, the result is the same.

No.  This is not true.  

Putting bullets in a fighter from behind means they can't put bullets in you, so the result is they are damaged and you are undamaged.  Shooting them from in front often means they can shoot back, which can result in both of you being damaged or shot down.  

Those results are quite different.

In my experience, the more skilled pilots, who are able to employ the ACM necessary to do so, prefer to maneuver to shoot from a non-HO position when the situation allows.  It is simply a choice based on how much you wish to challenge yourself.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 06:11:59 PM by Kingpin »
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline hcrana

• Copper Member
      • http://www.menacingferrets.com
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2014, 06:07:16 PM »
Ignore the HO whiners. They just want the fight to be easier for themselves. Take the shot that you think is best.

:aok
Herr Doktor Professor Kolonel H.C. Rana
Kommanding Ossifer, The Menacing Ferrets
ILLEGITIMATVS NON CARBORVNDVM EST

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2014, 06:07:42 PM »
Hos are legit but don't expect doing good streaks doing it...

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2014, 06:13:58 PM »
No.  This is not true.  

Putting bullets in a fighter from behind means they can't put bullets in you, so the result is they are damaged and you are undamaged.  Shooting them from in front often means they can shoot back, which can result in both of you being damaged or shot down.  

Those results are quite different.

Did I make any mention whatsoever about whether or not the opponent could shoot back? No, I did not.

Bullets having the same effectiveness is completely different than the topic of whether they could shoot back or not. Please refrain from claiming I said something I did not. I made no reference whatsoever to the shooting capabilities of the other plane.

Once more, it does not matter if the bullets impact from the front nor the rear, they die just the same.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-6

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline ap1102

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2014, 06:17:00 PM »
Any shot u take in this game is valid. Its the wanna be heroes who feel that HO shots are unethical or wrong. Its documented throughout aerial warfare that the HO was used. It is not the best shot to take but sometimes its the only option. Remember a wiser man than me once said...

"He who HO's lives to fly will HO again and surely die"

EZRhino

Offline Coalcat1

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2014, 06:17:29 PM »
HOing is for 2 weekers and skilless noobs, and is only legit against tard planes, the KI43, brew, and zeke, along with jets, and buffs

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2014, 06:24:53 PM »
Don't even know why this thread was created.

Top Gun

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2014, 06:30:38 PM »

A player new to the game evidently was getting accused of HO'n so he came here and wanted to know what an example of a HO was.. The question was answered but this thread is long from over time for the drama to start lol
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2014, 06:33:26 PM »

Because the OP had a question.  :rolleyes:

As to the HO. FIRING on a Head On merge is what I consider skillless and lame. I'm in it for the fight and as someone above said, challenge myself to maneuver for a good shot where the enemy doesn't have a shot. It takes more skill to get to that shot with out getting shot in the process, but its how I like to play the game.

If on the other hand you couldn't care less about how you fight or win then do what you will and ignore what others says. Personally I think it would be a much better game if everyone tried to get a good shot and win it that way, but it is up to you how you want to play, and be seen playing.

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2014, 06:34:53 PM »
Please refrain from claiming I said something I did not.

I didn't claim you said anything that you didn't. Your statement "the result is the same" -- just as I quoted it -- could be widely interpreted, especially in the context of a thread about HOing or not.  I simply clarified that "the result" of the combat is quite different if you try to shoot people without giving them a shot on you.  That seemed much more relevant to the discussion, compared to stating that bullets hitting a plane do damage regardless of angle.

For the record, I was addressing the OP and his questions.  Let's keep it that way.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 06:43:54 PM by Kingpin »
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2014, 06:38:14 PM »
HOing is for 2 weekers and skilless noobs, and is only legit against tard planes, the KI43, brew, and zeke, along with jets, and buffs

There are no "tard" planes, just "tard" players.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Coalcat1

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2014, 06:55:06 PM »
There are no "tard" planes, just "tard" players.

ack-ack
I.e. The planes tard players fly :)

Offline MrGeezer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2014, 07:02:07 PM »
Ignore the HO whiners. They just want the fight to be easier for themselves. Take the shot that you think is best.

QFT    :aok
Killing Virtual Bad Guys Since 1995  Disabled, retired.

"Posting anything, which says anything positive about anyone, on our board, will always turn into a derogatory mess. It should be a forum posting rule."  Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2014, 07:19:27 PM »
I dunno, with the lag and all sometimes It doesn't look like they could hit you but they do. I personally don't like getting shot from the front cause it feels like the person doing it is playing atari. I don't should from the front cause I can't hit anything anyway.
Pies not kicks.

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2014, 07:20:31 PM »
The planes tard players fly

Maybe the planes whiney players fly.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24