Author Topic: trying to do this the right way  (Read 1079 times)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
trying to do this the right way
« on: November 06, 2014, 03:59:38 AM »
Well, for some reason my squad is under indictment once again. Last time was for spying, no big deal, as we clarified that with the person with the issue. This time its over cheating. I will admit it really pd me off but instead of just getting into an elementary school yard beef and saying something that would get me booted I need some advice. Actually looking to see if anyone is familiar with  a possible bomber glitch. My squaddie was flying to intercept some bombers when they disappeared(more than likely a disco) then reappeared again a bit further away, only to have it happen again. Anyway when my guy landed the text buffer stated that he landed 17 kills, thus the school yard antics. He must have received proxy kills each disco? I am needing to know if anyone else has seen that happen so that I can direct the slanderer to the information. I know, just ignore it, but he brought my mom into it!! I am not going to release his name because tattle tailing is elementary as well. just looking for information on this.   
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: trying to do this the right way
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 04:06:52 AM »
. My squaddie was flying to intercept some bombers when they disappeared(more than likely a disco) then reappeared again a bit further away, only to have it happen again.

This is typical for a disco, AI taking over and player reconnecting again

Anyway when my guy landed the text buffer stated that he landed 17 kills, thus the school yard antics.

That's a bug and should be reported appropriately. If you guy had a film of that sortie, it would probably help greatly to track down that bug.

I had something similar happen to me long ago.  When I brought up AH again after filing my bug report in the Bug forum ( http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,344058.msg4541785.html#msg4541785 ), I saw "CHEAT" screaming all over.
Just ignore it. We have folks here screaming CHEAT literally at least once per hour for years now.  If some dudes are being persistant and may be crossing any kind of line you have, turn them in (.report dot command + sending in film or screenshot of that incident).
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 04:13:42 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 04:10:33 AM »
If you or your squaddies see a glitch report it. Not saying that you do, but exploiting a glitch can have some serious consequences, even ignoring a glitch can get you in trouble if they find out you had knowledge of it.

See Rule #4

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 04:29:42 AM »
Thanks guys. I am not sure if he filmed it or not. I am sure one other squaddie did but that probably wouldn't have the needed information? I also didn't know to report it immediately. It wasn't taking advantage of it as was in one 12 min sortie but good to know. We were just unaware of that problem but know we know where to direct him to see for himself and to get some validation for an apology. I know, wont be holding my breathe on that one as holloween is over and I don't look good in purple or blue from the neck line up. Thanks again fellas. :aok
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 04:43:15 AM »
Thanks guys. I am not sure if he filmed it or not. I am sure one other squaddie did but that probably wouldn't have the needed information? I also didn't know to report it immediately.

You don't have to worry about that. Bug reports are optional and not mandatory. Though it would be really nice & helping the game if people would report any possible glitches or bugs  :old:

Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2014, 05:12:51 AM »
I remember a long time bug that would give you multiple kills for some reason. I remember getting it once a long time ago. Killed a guy and got 4 kills off him. Seems it never got fixed, but it only ever happens very rarely. As everyone has said, report the bug and wait for it to be fixed.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 05:30:17 AM »
Been playing a long time and the most I've ever gotten was just 2 kills on the same guy.  It's not fair!  :cry
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2014, 06:31:08 AM »
   KEEP CALM

AND HAVE FUN

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2014, 06:52:18 AM »
It has happened to me several times, once just a few weeks ago. I was accused of cheating.

If somebody reports you, the data will only back you up.

Haters gonna hate, let them hate, move on, have fun.  ;)
92 Squadron RAF - Aut pugna aut morere - 'Either fight or die'

Offline Ratsy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2014, 08:25:50 AM »
Slightly off topic:

Hmmm. Bomb-n-Bails?  If I were to park an aircraft at a city strat when I'm not actively playing...the perpetrator could get three deaths by proxy when he bails?  Over and over?  Over and over?  Over and over?

Now that might be considered a public service.

Just sayin'

:salute
George "Ratsy" Preddy
328th FS - 352nd FG
Died December 25th, 1944, Near Liege - Ardennes

Operating with the Arabian Knights - callsign AKRaider

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2014, 02:52:27 PM »
I also happened to be on when this occurred. The bug in question is like the one snailman mentions, with the exception that this squaddie never fired a shot. He landed, was credited with 17 kills, and received no perks for any kills. Shortly thereafter, the the pilot of the bombers was being called a squadron shade and all types of other inappropriate names. My squad has never flown with this bomber pilot, nor have we ever recognized his callsign. The disrespectful player went on to call our squaddie and our squad cheats and hacks along with other very disrespectful names. At that I time he was reported by me. This player is know for his destructive behavior, that unfortunately doesn't get caught by mods.

Sadly, this is the second time in 3 days that some of our squad members have encountered these types of people. Its as if they flock to our squad to send nasty pms to the members.

Skuzzy, I have pictures of the kills and in the hanger after the squaddie landed. Ill be sending them to you shortly.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2014, 03:22:36 PM »
I remember a long time bug that would give you multiple kills for some reason. I remember getting it once a long time ago. Killed a guy and got 4 kills off him. Seems it never got fixed, but it only ever happens very rarely. As everyone has said, report the bug and wait for it to be fixed.

This is still there.  We have not been able to duplicate what causes it.  Until that happens it cannot be fixed as there is no way to know what change needs to be made to correct it.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Naughty

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2014, 04:40:27 PM »
Slightly off topic:

Hmmm. Bomb-n-Bails?  If I were to park an aircraft at a city strat when I'm not actively playing...the perpetrator could get three deaths by proxy when he bails?  Over and over?  Over and over?  Over and over?

Now that might be considered a public service.

Just sayin'

:salute

This does work.  we captured a base near Rook City once, for kicks, I flew a storch over to it and landed. I got 15 kills as the resup goons bailed. Unfortunately I timed my departure wrong, and the ack popped just as I took off  :bhead
The true warrior has no enemies. Only teachers

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2014, 04:49:17 PM »
Here is a film of this happening to me. Kill messages come around the 12:30 mark in film.
92 Squadron RAF - Aut pugna aut morere - 'Either fight or die'

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2014, 06:04:28 PM »
I once had another "kill" bug, attacking a set och B-24.s in a TA-152 and when i shot down the second plane i got kill message #2 and #3 but with one B-24 still flying and maneuvering. Then killed the last one and got kill #4. Checked the stats and had kills of 3 B-24:s and one Chute but i should not have been able to get at kill on a chute as long as there was a bomber left.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking