Author Topic: Losing the war  (Read 2556 times)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Re: Losing the war
« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2014, 08:00:34 PM »

Good point, now that you mention it.

It's why we don't have night anymore, among other things.

- oldman

Because people having their monitors calibrated correctly was COMPLETELY out of the question

Back then with a properly calibrated monitor Night wasnt that big a deal.
And with the new way HTC has it setup now. (as per last Christmas eve) Its even less of a big deal for even a poorly calibrated monitor
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2014, 08:37:49 PM »
Because people having their monitors calibrated correctly was COMPLETELY out of the question

Back then with a properly calibrated monitor Night wasnt that big a deal.
And with the new way HTC has it setup now. (as per last Christmas eve) Its even less of a big deal for even a poorly calibrated monitor

It wasn't that at all, it was that most tweaked the setting to make it "not" night. So to keep up you either messed with your settings, or you logged. Thankfully, most logged. All we need is another way to game the game.

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2014, 12:46:56 AM »
Above the enemy. I never ever "fight" from alt disadvantage, rather just log off  :old:

That pretty much sums it up, you log off because you lose the advantage, unbelievable.  :headscratch:
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2014, 08:10:11 AM »
It wasn't that at all, it was that most tweaked the setting to make it "not" night. So to keep up you either messed with your settings, or you logged. Thankfully, most logged. All we need is another way to game the game.

Yes they did. Thing is had they simply calibrated their monitors correctly to begin with which would have improved the quality of whatever you were looking at in game or out. They would not have had to turn gamma up to make it "not night"

At first I used to mess with the gamma settings too. But then I thought "maybe my monitor isnt set up right" and I discovered a calibration site. When I was done not only could I see in game at night. But everything from movies to websites in general looked better too and I no longer needed to mess with the settings at all. In game or out

Currently very little if any monitor setting changes are needed to make it not "night anymore" and you get the added benefit of an improved and more stable frame rate. At least I did.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty