Author Topic: people you are glad that helped you  (Read 2148 times)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
Re: people you are glad that helped you
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2014, 02:51:44 PM »
TnDep, Rowdy1, Zero7, Bruv, Dbone, Drspek, Kaz, Cobrajet, Yarbles, Zack1234, nrshida, Changeup, Krup, Redbull, and Nath...

There is many more, don't feel bad if you aren't on the list because everyone has helped me in many different ways.  :cheers:

JO, we forgot Davski, lmao!!!  The KING of AH fighter capabilities.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2014, 03:17:12 PM »
JO, we forgot Davski, lmao!!!  The KING of AH fighter capabilities.
Lol and wacotex and how can we forget memes or anakin  :lol
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2014, 03:50:05 PM »
Lol and wacotex and how can we forget memes or anakin  :lol

LMAO!!!!!!!  MacDaddy and TXCycler (the rager)...or JnyQuest (That was Squat1 or JunkyII I forget which).  I do wonder what ever happened to REVREND.  I always thought that might have been DrDeath in drag.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2014, 11:39:19 PM »
Going way back to AW days.... Subby and NoBaddy (He was going by "Fidel" at the time).  They took the time to duel me many times and showed me the ropes. It immediately gave me a leg up vs. the rest of the noobs in the Arena, and got me interested in learning ACM. I can trace all my skills (what little they may be) to the foundation that they helped lay down for me. Even though its just a video game, I am very grateful for the time they took to help me out. I was only a teenager at the time and it greatly helped my confidence.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2014, 02:30:15 AM »
zack1234,   every time I need a laugh I just click view this users last posts.   

Never fails to disappoint, he is after all awesome. 
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2014, 02:57:52 AM »
Dantoo, SD, Phatzo, Sir Nuke and the rest of 9GIAP.

They got me into scenarios and FSO.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2014, 01:48:32 PM »
There are a few of people that really helped me to become a better fighter than I already thought I was coming out of H2H into the the big MA in 2005-6. First was Batfink, we did so many 1v1s in the spit5s and you really helped me develop my game in fighter. Next was (phish) Bighorn, who taught me merges and fighter angles in dueling. Both of these men helped me tremendously in the dueling game. And they were surely happy to help me get better, record them, and kick my arse over and over again.

The third was Cooley, when I first got invited into the 367th Dynamite Gang, I was mearly just a fighter pilot. But he taught me how to bomb, Dive Bomb, capture bases with a squad, and become a squadron player in the MA. That was a great group of fellas. Well, he also taught me the most amazing trick, the defensive BRD, and another move that I shall not mention  :devil. I did not realize it then, but these maneuvers would take me to a whole nother level.

It's really great to find people who want to see and instruct players to fly better in this game.  <S> to these players.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2014, 04:24:56 PM »
When I started the game as Tbear, it was Papajohn, doomed and gdzilla with JG77 who helped me to learn the game.....I think they are all long gone now....since then there have been many..Dr. Bone and most of the guys in the original Top Gun stand out for helping try to make me a better dueler(I emphasize try)....and of course lately the members of Aces of the Rising Sun and the Muppets...... lots of help in the game if you ask... :old:
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 04:32:52 PM by Canspec »
Gnat
The Kommando for FSO
AoM
Der Wander Zirkus
GFC

Offline steely07

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2014, 04:34:51 PM »
Ghosth and Ozark took me under their wings my first few weeks and taught me to bomb, I'm still here 15 years later.

<S>!
Aces High, Wing Commander, Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group: www.dickweedhbg.com

FSO Films : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFs6CAXBQoVBctljybD65fA?view_as=subscriber

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2014, 08:37:17 AM »
Ghosth and Ozark took me under their wings my first few weeks and taught me to bomb, I'm still here 15 years later.

<S>!

I started out with the 332 Flying Mongrels - a great group to call squaddies.  Ghosth, Daddog, Ozark, etc..  Always helpful with a great attitude.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2014, 09:17:53 AM »
Bruv119, Kazaa and Grizz

These 3 Kings of the MA/DA  :bolt:

=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2014, 09:50:58 AM »
Latrobe ---> He is wise, that is all.
Messiah ---> Learned a bit from him shooting up a few of my bombers (and colliding with them!!)
999000 ---> Learned ALOT from him on shooting up fighters from my bombers  :salute
Sandy ---> Squadmate who is willing to spend the time to review aspects of the game with a new user - Sandy, my old man, Shriike is very thankful you spent time with him on the controls and procedures for level bombing.

Many may not agree but;

Jayro ---> I've learned a bit from tagging along when he calls for "strike missions"... I suppose I learned from watching all the other pilots in close proximity more so than from him (even though he's answered my questions without bein a d*nk)

(i noticed Jayro's ride always seems to be a little higher and farther back than the main group...  :cheers:)

I only wish I knew some of the greats/legends described above, great community for the most part... I got chewed out last night for being the last to move a CV group (I was NOT trying to get it killed, sheesh :rolleyes:)

<S>
KB

56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2014, 09:53:41 AM »
The pilot formerly known as Drkhorse told me a few weeks ago that he taught me everything about the game.  He said I used to be his friend, but then I went low.  I don't remember it that way, but I was probably drunk.   :old:
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Hetzer7

• Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2014, 10:28:43 AM »

SHawk taught me how to be great bait.  Man, I've given that guy so many kills!

When it comes to baiting, SHawk is the Master.  :D

Offline 800nate800

• Nickel Member
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2014, 09:10:38 PM »
A few Old Men By The Names of

100shtgn
100Bluox
Vandals
ArchieD
Uptown
Higheye
Wildwzl
Wasp3
Dakone
and many more that are no longer with us or Cant Remember the names  :angel: :salute
former squeaker, but you wont 1v1 about it
Most my friends are banned......
Kommando Nowotny