Author Topic: people you are glad that helped you  (Read 2149 times)

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
Re: people you are glad that helped you
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2014, 10:29:49 PM »
So many people have helped me over the years, however, I have trouble remembering a lot of the names.  :(

One that sticks out though was a gentlemen by the name of 1776 IIRC. When I started AH I was nothing more than a high school squeaker and no one wanted to have anything to do with me. However, one day 1776 took me aside and showed me the ropes of flying bombers (well the B17 and B26 since those were the only two in the game) and explained how the game worked. He really helped me out and made me a better pilot. Another pilot that helped me was FunkedUp, besides being funny as hell and a great squadie he sent me joystick he won at the AH convention to replace my $15 Walmart stick that wasn't that great. Snaphook also comes to mind. He sent me one of his old sticks a few years ago to help me out, and he spent a lot of time in the TA showing me the ropes.

So many people over the years, really shows how great of a community we have.

Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2014, 10:56:37 PM »
Wm lute gave me some great advice and took me under his wing. Before that I was just a lemming. In fact in my pm inbox his reply to me is entry number 1.

Over the years many friendly people have chimed in .... if you are new .... go to the da, not fur all lake and see who is flying the short engagements on the low fields. Have had the most epic fights between them. 

Dirtdart
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline shake307

• Zinc Member
« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2014, 08:29:48 AM »
LTown.  Picked up a mission with him not too long ago and he was just really cool about me being kind of a newb.  Helped me get my first carrier landing in a B5N2.  Haven't seen him on in a while, though.   :uhoh. Also, Latrobe, for coming up with some of the most insanely fun missions I have encountered.  I have also been watching his videos on youtube.   :salute. Keep up the good work.  I also need them to go easy on me for I am flying Rooks at the moment trying to get into the Arabian Knights.  I hope to meet more of you soon.  Keep AH going, nothing else compares.   :joystick:
Respect is granted, not demanded.

Let's get drunk and fly!

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2014, 03:37:42 PM »
cars
Ibex
Ghosth
Fariz
Ripsnort
Gatt
Nibbio
Stampf
-ammo-

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2014, 04:35:11 PM »
cars
Ibex
Ghosth
Fariz
Ripsnort
Gatt
Nibbio
Stampf
-ammo-

Very happy to be included in that list, Az.

<S>

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2014, 07:50:37 PM »
I remember one of the first lessons I learned was to never trust a bomber.  I dove in at high speed as I had been trained on a b17.  I put a couple of bullets than tried to pull up and my airplane wouldnt.  I pulled the stick tried to drop flaps and nothing.  then I looked behind me and notice my full tail section was gone.  I got a message "you got killed by 999".  ever since then I always check before I dive in on a b17 to see which country 999 is on.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.