Author Topic: Lost Mouse  (Read 1017 times)

Offline pyrtwist

• Zinc Member
Lost Mouse
« on: November 14, 2014, 09:35:31 AM »
After take off last night I noticed that my mouse was not working in the game.  If I tabbed out the mouse worked fine on the computer.  Not really an issue except for the inability to leave the room after landing.  Had to kill the plane in order to get the repairs I needed and to move the clipboard (stuck on zoom so I could not access any options except the area the map was showing).  Someone earlier during the evening mentioned that his mouse dropped too. 

Is there a fix for this other than crashing and leaving the game or waiting for the map to reset?

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
Re: Lost Mouse
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 09:42:49 AM »
You may have the mouse toggled off.  It's an option within the game.  I think the command-key is [H] to toggle mouse on/off.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 10:26:57 AM »
Print this handy guide.   http://trainers.hitechcreations.com/quickref/quickref.pdf

Note that the Insert and Delete keys will zoom the clipboard map. You can return to the tower with a dot command .ef in the text buffer.

The mouse cursor always appears in the tower. Outside the tower the cursor appears along with the clipboard unless you have toggled it off with the H key as Coogan mentioned.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 10:45:19 AM »
You may have the mouse toggled off.  It's an option within the game.  I think the command-key is [H] to toggle mouse on/off.

The mouse cursor always appears in the tower. Outside the tower the cursor appears along with the clipboard unless you have toggled it off with the H key as Coogan mentioned.

Are you talking about the mouse CURSOR or the mouse CONTROL? As in using the mouse to look around or control the flight of your plane? I what we're talking about is the ability to move the mouse cursor around, not the visibility of the cursor.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 11:15:51 AM »
I what we're talking about is the ability to move the mouse cursor around, not the visibility of the cursor.

I'll get back to you when I which verb you meant to use.   :lol

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2014, 11:42:03 AM »
Wow, someone who actually reads...  :neener:
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline pyrtwist

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2014, 01:24:11 PM »
Could not use the mouse to look around or to use the clipboard.  Could not get to tower after landing and parking in the re-arm zone.

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2014, 01:08:23 AM »
Could not use the mouse to look around or to use the clipboard.  Could not get to tower after landing and parking in the re-arm zone.

Embrace the dot commands!  :old:

Lemme introduce you to ".ef" it'll end flight for ya while stopped!
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2014, 10:11:41 AM »
I had a similiar issue the other night...

I mistakenly started typing as if in country channel to find I did not have the text buffer up. I lost my mouse AND the ability to look around with it.

"H" - will toggle the mouse for you
Shift - M - Toggles the mouse pan lock

(i usually check the key bindings from the clipboard if I need a refresher, printing the guide would be the best idea)
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2014, 09:15:17 AM »
   The next time something like that happens, a quick question in the text box will often get you a quick and helpful answer.  Just ignore those people who suggest alt-F4.  And the other people who are laughing....
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com