Author Topic: New Dueling Ladder?  (Read 386 times)

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
New Dueling Ladder?
« on: November 19, 2014, 09:32:23 PM »
Initially posted this in the SDL forum but after noticing the inactivity of that forum I figured I would give it a shot here;

We've tried setting this up a few times over the years and haven't been able to get around to it. We did have one going for a bit but the site was shut down or people lost interest I forget. I do remember Shane or BGBMaw was the last player to be top ranked. I thought of doing one with just using the BB's a while back but seemed like a lot of work so I scrapped the idea.

Anyways I found a site that would host a ladder that can be set up 1v1 or 2v2 5v5 whatever we chose. We could actually have a ladder for each and there are different formats we can chose from whether it be a ranking system or point system.

When going through the process of setting one up I noticed they had a limited choice of games that which we could chose from so I posted a thread requesting them to add Aces High to the list. They said that if enough people showed interest they would consider it. The opposite of "if you build it they will come" sort of thing.

So I am asking if people are interested to post on the thread that I'll link below. I ask that you use your AH callsign when doing so. I registered to the site over this past weekend and it seems legit. I haven't received any more spam in my email than what I normally get anyways. At least nothing that wasn't filtered.

Once we get approved any of the mods here could go ahead and set it up. It should be a current mod imo that does it.

Anyways, here's the link to the thread:

http://www.fraggednation.com/forum/topic/Aces-High-43294

If you notice, I asked that they show an example of their ladder formats which they posted near the bottom.

I hope we can get this going. Most of my better friends in this game are people who whooped me in the DA. It's a great way to learn ACM and figure out what you're doing wrong. It's also a way to get some game time in while things aren't going so great in the other arenas. Sure it can also earn you some bragging rights but I think we should limit bragging on these BB's or eliminate it altogether. It could end up being detrimental to keeping a ladder going.

Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
Re: New Dueling Ladder?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 11:09:19 AM »
Maybe my promotional expertise isn't that great but even if you did not plan on participating in the dueling ladder showing support would only help promote AH across other gamer forums.
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9