Author Topic: My gripes since returning.  (Read 2559 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: My gripes since returning.
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2014, 02:23:17 PM »
Seriously, re-subscribe and change the game one person at a time, YOU.  If you want better gameplay come show us how to do it, show us how to have more fun.

As far as I know, subscribers don't have the ability to change the game code  :old:

Or is it me only who didn't get his AH SDK yet?  :noid

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2014, 03:16:05 PM »
1.  Somebody chased off all of the customers.

2.  The 12 hour country change is absolutely retarded.

Lol thanks for the heads up. I was going to come back today but now I think I'll wait for the new graphics engine.

And ironically it is you who just "chased off" another customer, Rob.

These types of "gripes" are pointless -- like yelling at the rain to stop.  The number one thing you control in the game environment is that YOU get to decide if YOU want to be a positive or negative influence on the game.  That's pretty much it.  Complaining without suggesting solutions is choosing to be the latter -- you're not helping, you're just making things look worse than they are.  There are many great aspects of Aces High.  And yes, there are many aspects that can be improved.  But just griping about one without offering anything positive, like a suggested change to improve things, just makes you part of the problem.

My point is to the whole community (not trying to pick on you, Rob, but using this as an example).  I see many pointless "gripe" threads on the general forum, mainly when people are looking for others to commiserate with them.  Instead, post these things in the Wishlist Forum.  That's where posts on areas of the game that could use improving go.  Maybe actually put some thought into a suggestion or two on what you would rather see or how it could be improved.

Bottom line, if you choose to play, then try to be a positive influence.  You want more players in the game?  Make the game more appealing!  Help out new players. Recruit for a squad. Post fun missions.  Participate in events. Make suggestions for areas of improvement.  Or sometimes the best thing to do is just shut up and play.  But don't post threads like this.  What's the point of paying to play a game that you are undermining through your own actions?!

My two cents.

<S>
Ryno
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 03:21:02 PM by Kingpin »
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2014, 03:17:33 PM »

These types of "gripes" are pointless -- like yelling at the rain to stop.  The number one thing you control in the game environment that YOU get to decide if YOU want to be a positive or negative influence on the game.  That's pretty much it.  Complaining without suggesting solutions is choosing to be the latter -- you're not helping, you're just making things look worse than they are.  There are many great aspects of Aces High.  And yes, there are many aspects that can be improved.  But just griping about one without offering anything positive, like a suggested change to improve things, just makes you part of the problem.

My point is to the whole community (not trying to pick on you, Rob, but using this as an example).  I see many pointless "gripe" threads on the general forum, mainly when people are looking for others to commiserate with them.  Instead, post these things in the Wishlist Forum.  That's where posts on areas of the game that could use improving go.  Maybe actually put some thought into a suggestion or two on what you would rather see or how it could be improved.

Bottom line, if you choose to play, then try to be a positive influence.  You want more players in the game?  Make the game more appealing!  Help out new players. Recruit for a squad. Post fun missions.  Participate in events. Make suggestions for areas of improvement.  Or sometimes the best thing to do is just shut up and play.  But don't post threads like this.  What's the point of paying to play a game that you are undermining through your own actions?!

My two cents.

<S>
Ryno

This should be stickied.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2014, 03:23:00 PM »
Lol thanks for the heads up. I was going to come back today but now I think I'll wait for the new graphics engine.

You won't be alone.  Watch many of old faces show up after the 'big update'
Myself, well I come & go when finances allow it...

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2014, 03:29:29 PM »
These types of "gripes" are pointless -- like yelling at the rain to stop.  

Everybody knows you got to do the raindance, backwards  :banana:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2014, 03:55:42 PM »

These types of "gripes" are pointless -- like yelling at the rain to stop.  The number one thing you control in the game environment is that YOU get to decide if YOU want to be a positive or negative influence on the game.  That's pretty much it.  Complaining without suggesting solutions is choosing to be the latter -- you're not helping, you're just making things look worse than they are.  There are many great aspects of Aces High.  And yes, there are many aspects that can be improved.  But just griping about one without offering anything positive, like a suggested change to improve things, just makes you part of the problem.

My point is to the whole community (not trying to pick on you, Rob, but using this as an example).  I see many pointless "gripe" threads on the general forum, mainly when people are looking for others to commiserate with them.  Instead, post these things in the Wishlist Forum.  That's where posts on areas of the game that could use improving go.  Maybe actually put some thought into a suggestion or two on what you would rather see or how it could be improved.

Bottom line, if you choose to play, then try to be a positive influence.  You want more players in the game?  Make the game more appealing!  Help out new players. Recruit for a squad. Post fun missions.  Participate in events. Make suggestions for areas of improvement.  Or sometimes the best thing to do is just shut up and play.  But don't post threads like this.  What's the point of paying to play a game that you are undermining through your own actions?!

My two cents.

<S>
Ryno

LoL I at least did suggest a solution but it got shot down since I currently do not subscribe  :ahand :bhead

To respond to your post it is not on the paying customer for any game to recruit, advertise, or generally make the game better. It's HTC's job to do all that, retain as much players as possible and replace the ones (like me) that have left. We can make suggestions but it's all we can do. It's ultimately on them to improve the game. Sure the word of mouth is the best form of advertisement, but give me something to talk about first, then I'll speak.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 04:04:35 PM by TW9 »
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2014, 03:59:19 PM »
LoL I at least did suggest a solution but it got shot down since I currently do not subscribe  :ahand :bhead

The best thing about the wishlist is, every post in it that isn't about the facts surrounding the idea is utterly meaningless unless the the poster is someone from HTC.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2014, 04:33:17 PM »
Rob wears a dress only at the weekends  :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2014, 04:38:26 PM »
Nice crowd last night.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2014, 04:39:18 PM »
Rob wears a dress only at the weekends  :old:
Zack wears rubber longjohns all the time..... :old:
Gnat
The Kommando for FSO
AoM
Der Wander Zirkus
GFC

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2014, 05:01:45 PM »
LoL I at least did suggest a solution but it got shot down since I currently do not subscribe  :ahand :bhead

To respond to your post it is not on the paying customer for any game to recruit, advertise, or generally make the game better. It's HTC's job to do all that, retain as much players as possible and replace the ones (like me) that have left. We can make suggestions but it's all we can do. It's ultimately on them to improve the game. Sure the word of mouth is the best form of advertisement, but give me something to talk about first, then I'll speak.

a solution to a problem would never get shot down by anybody here, including hitech.  The illusion that you have a solution to a problem is what gets shot down every time.

as for giving you something to talk about the game.  If in all the years you played you never had anything positive to talk about the game?  I think the problem is not the game, the problem perhaps is you.  The part about making the game fun is up to you and me.  I dont play as much as I would like due to work.  but there has been very few days when I have logged off because I wasnt having fun.  been playing for about 8 years.  have switched names often but I dont recall ever cancelling my subscription because I wasnt having fun.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2014, 05:15:15 PM »
The illusion that you have a solution to a problem is what gets shot down every time.

semp

"LoL I at least did suggest a solution"

No illusion here or anything of the sort. Just a suggestion.
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2014, 05:24:44 PM »
Tw9 subscribe.. i can get you into plenty of red guys.  Quityersqueakin  :D

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2014, 05:54:16 PM »

I for one thought one of the core concepts of your suggestion was outstanding -- a game mechanic wherein destroying enemy UNITS (and not just buildings) has an actual measurable impact on "winning the war" in game terms.  More on that in this thread: http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,367493.0.html

You clearly have put in your time with the game and have an understanding of its mechanics, so ignore those who dismiss your suggestions solely because you aren't currently subscribing.  It's nice to see a thread from an ex-player who wants to see improvement the game (and would like to return). I'm sure there are many others in your category and that provides HTC plenty of motivation for the updates they've done and are currently working on delivering.

<S>
Ryno
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2014, 06:48:24 PM »

see you think you have a solution.  well if there's a solution then there's a problem or the illusion that there is a problem.  now you have the illusion that your idea got shot down because you arent a subscriber.  then you fail to realize that there's the possibility that your idea is not a good one and the fact that you arent a subscriber has no relevance to it.

did you ever stop to think that no matter what we say here, we arent the ones who make the decision if an idea is good or bad.  that is really up to hitech and crew.  we can discuss it and give our opinion for or against it.  but even if 90% of the players supported an idea it doesnt mean it is good for the game.  this has been proven many times over.

semp

you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.