Author Topic: My gripes since returning.  (Read 2554 times)

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
Re: My gripes since returning.
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2014, 07:08:43 PM »
now you have the illusion that your idea got shot down because you arent a subscriber.  then you fail to realize that there's the possibility that your idea is not a good one and the fact that you arent a subscriber has no relevance to it.

Are we reading the same thread?

That's just great, so this suggestion is for a game you don't even play?

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,367493.msg4894081.html#msg4894081

How about you just renew your account and log in and support the game with your 15 bucks there scooter.
Yeah, I agree completely, those who don't play should have a more valued opinion than those that do.  That's the way to run a business for sure.  I think you should call Honda and tell them what is wrong with their Sportbikes since you don't ride them either.

Seriously, re-subscribe and change the game one person at a time, YOU.  If you want better gameplay come show us how to do it, show us how to have more fun.

I'm out of this conversation.

And I think you're reading a bit too much into what I've stated so far. I've never suggested that my idea was a cure-all or anything of the such. It's just an idea. You don't like it and I do. Just leave it at that. I posted it in the wishlist and I am sorry to the OP that it creeped into his thread. btw not done by me.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 07:24:24 PM by TW9 »
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2014, 07:08:56 PM »
Zack wears rubber longjohns all the time..... :old:

Its a outrage!......................but true  :old:
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2014, 07:26:01 PM »
PIPZ.....where have you been? OBX is lonely  :old:

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2014, 07:30:20 PM »
12 hour rule is absurd.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2014, 09:05:18 PM »
Are we reading the same thread?

And I think you're reading a bit too much into what I've stated so far. I've never suggested that my idea was a cure-all or anything of the such. It's just an idea. You don't like it and I do. Just leave it at that. I posted it in the wishlist and I am sorry to the OP that it creeped into his thread. btw not done by me.

Ignore semp TW9, he's like an ostrich with his head in the sand. He is of the complete mind that there is nothing wrong in the game and the people will come back all on their own with out any help from HTC.

Picture Kevin Bacon in "Animal House" "Remain calm, All is WELL!" LOL!

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2014, 09:46:33 PM »
Ignore semp TW9, he's like an ostrich with his head in the sand. He is of the complete mind that there is nothing wrong in the game and the people will come back all on their own with out any help from HTC.

Picture Kevin Bacon in "Animal House" "Remain calm, All is WELL!" LOL!

well you are proof that while the game isnt perfect it is still enjoyable.   you do play dont you?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2014, 09:50:55 PM »
12 hour rule is absurd.

Especially when you take the already existing ENY into account.  The entire purpose of the ENY we've been told is to "nudge" players to join the side with less numbers, by either taking away 5 ENY rides from players, or by perk point bonus incentive.  Ok fine.  What happens when the numbers swing again, as the frequently and rapidly do?  What happens to that "nudge" then?  Right - nothing, because of the 12 hour rule, you can't switch and rebalance the teams.  It makes ENY a one trick pony, only effective in doing anything once per day, one single time per player.  After that, thanks to the 12 hour rule, it's made absolutely irrelevant. 

Very odd.

I don't switch from Knights under any circumstance really, so it never bothers me, but I completely understand why the 12 hour rule frustrates so many.

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2014, 11:21:35 PM »
PIPZ.....where have you been? OBX is lonely  :old:

Absence makes the heart grow fonder.  ;)

12 hour rule is absurd.

Hear hear! Agreed!  :old:
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2014, 11:29:16 PM »
Especially when you take the already existing ENY into account.  The entire purpose of the ENY we've been told is to "nudge" players to join the side with less numbers, by either taking away 5 ENY rides from players, or by perk point bonus incentive.  Ok fine.  What happens when the numbers swing again, as the frequently and rapidly do?  What happens to that "nudge" then?  Right - nothing, because of the 12 hour rule, you can't switch and rebalance the teams.  It makes ENY a one trick pony, only effective in doing anything once per day, one single time per player.  After that, thanks to the 12 hour rule, it's made absolutely irrelevant. 

Very odd.

I don't switch from Knights under any circumstance really, so it never bothers me, but I completely understand why the 12 hour rule frustrates so many.

Thiiiiis...

4 hours pls so I can switch in the morning for a fight and not have to worry about not being able to play in the evening...
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2014, 11:34:03 PM »

Very odd.

gman the whole thing about re-balancing the sides is pure bs.  I used to switch every hour back when we had it and it was never to balance the side or due to the lack of fights.  the reason was just to get more kills.  and I saw a lot of guys who supposedly switched to balance the sides, or is what they say now,  doing the same thing.  how do I know?  because we flew together and we would talk about switching to kills the guys that we had just been flying with.  

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Lab Rat 3947

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2014, 11:37:29 PM »
first switch = 1 hour
second switch = 2 hours
third switch = 4 hours   

LtngRydr
LtngRydr
14th FG Grounded

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2014, 11:57:05 PM »

And ironically it is you who just "chased off" another customer, Rob.

These types of "gripes" are pointless -- like yelling at the rain to stop.  The number one thing you control in the game environment is that YOU get to decide if YOU want to be a positive or negative influence on the game.  That's pretty much it.  Complaining without suggesting solutions is choosing to be the latter -- you're not helping, you're just making things look worse than they are.  There are many great aspects of Aces High.  And yes, there are many aspects that can be improved.  But just griping about one without offering anything positive, like a suggested change to improve things, just makes you part of the problem.

My point is to the whole community (not trying to pick on you, Rob, but using this as an example).  I see many pointless "gripe" threads on the general forum, mainly when people are looking for others to commiserate with them.  Instead, post these things in the Wishlist Forum.  That's where posts on areas of the game that could use improving go.  Maybe actually put some thought into a suggestion or two on what you would rather see or how it could be improved.

Bottom line, if you choose to play, then try to be a positive influence.  You want more players in the game?  Make the game more appealing!  Help out new players. Recruit for a squad. Post fun missions.  Participate in events. Make suggestions for areas of improvement.  Or sometimes the best thing to do is just shut up and play.  But don't post threads like this.  What's the point of paying to play a game that you are undermining through your own actions?!

My two cents.

<S>
Ryno

You left out the part about how I got boomhaur to log off last night by vulching him after changing sides.

As far as griping without also providing a business plan to go along with my complaints....  Well when I complained about the 12 hour timer, I assumed they realized I feel it is too long, not too short.

And regarding my gripe about the low number of players compared to when I played before...  Well I trust HTC to not need or want my lay-person's marketing advice.

I also cannot chase off a customer who is not paying, if they are not a paying customer, they are not a customer.  Potential customers are not customers. 

Now I can bring up the fact that when I came back I also sent my lifelong best friend a stick/throttle and got him a 6 month subscription.  I know this doesn't mean that I deserve a cookie or even a pat on the back but I am probably actively doing more than you are to help build the customer base.

If you didn't want to read about people complaining, you should not have clicked on the post since it is labled "my gripes".  You obviously knew the substance of the thread before you chose to open, read and respond to it with your own complaints about my complaints.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2014, 01:41:22 AM »
gman the whole thing about re-balancing the sides is pure bs.  I used to switch every hour back when we had it and it was never to balance the side or due to the lack of fights.  the reason was just to get more kills.  and I saw a lot of guys who supposedly switched to balance the sides, or is what they say now,  doing the same thing.  how do I know?  because we flew together and we would talk about switching to kills the guys that we had just been flying with.  

semp
Well there you have it, case closed.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2014, 02:38:36 AM »

Yes, excellent reason to leave it like it is now.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2014, 02:47:03 AM »
In AH1 and AH2 up to a few years ago ENY was to stop 300 players from joining a single side and shut down the arena. We no longer have to fear from that. But, 20 guys in 262 harassing 5 guys is no fun either. I'm not sure HiTech really expected players to change sides when ENY kicked in. But, he did expect ENY to keep highly imbalanced odds from causing players to log or cancel their accounts like they did in AH1. Because the rooks got 300 players every Sunday night to close the arena down for about a month. You cannot fight 150 guys in late war rides when your side only has 30 guys. That is what ended up happening due to the rooks JSO before ENY to the knights and bishops.

Semp is correct. Many uber skillz players jumped sides to the high number side to get kills. Jumping to the low number side to help out was a polite lie for these forums. This game is about screwing other people at any cost. HiTech imposes a few rules to keep that attitude from driving customers out of the game. ENY was one of them because the rooks in AH1 were causing paying customers to cancel their subscriptions.

You guys never think about the fact that HiTech has a payroll to meet. You just want to screw other players at any cost without HiTech getting in your way. Otherwise you wouldn't be complaining about his rules.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.