Author Topic: Can we do something about suicide HQ bombers?  (Read 5542 times)

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Can we do something about suicide HQ bombers?
« on: November 23, 2014, 08:13:33 PM »
Surprisingly found myself with a couple hours to play tonight. Logged in got in a good fight with Loony2 <S> got jumped by a few on the second flight, and then some dork drops HQ and bails. I don't have the time or patience to run supplies half the night. Logged off and turned on Netflix.

Ya this is certainly a great way to retain the present population/subscription base.  :rolleyes:

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Can we do something about suicide HQ bombers?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 08:16:01 PM »
this is true.  get rid of hq taking out dar.  on some maps I wont even log due to hq being so close to the front that it is useless to resupply it, or defend it.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 08:54:02 PM »
Ya this is certainly a great way to retain the present population/subscription base. 

I see.  You must be bored with the game play.

- oldman (who is not much into complaining threads)

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 08:55:06 PM »
It seems a most unpopular setting. I beleive a vast majority of the population is against it. Yet it remains.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2014, 09:05:55 PM »
I don't mind it being an option, but it should not be so easy for one player to mess with everyone else game play experience. If it is easy to take out, it should be just as easy to resupply it.

As it is now one guy can take it out, but it takes half a dozen guys 3-4 trips.... and thats with bailing at the end to fix it. Make it so half a dozen planes are need to drop it, or make it so a couple guys making a single trip can fix it.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2014, 10:09:21 PM »
Frankly, I'm surprised you advocated disparity in reverse. I half expected a plea for parity.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2014, 02:04:17 AM »
Anyone who bails a bomber should have 1000 points taken from his allocation.

Pipz has never flown a bomber :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2014, 02:27:08 AM »
See rule #4
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 04:28:05 PM by hitech »

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2014, 02:43:40 AM »
We don't need another "They won't play according to how I think they should play" thread. This happens to the knights all the time, yet we just resup and go on with the game. It's not a big deal.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2014, 04:30:54 AM »
Surprisingly found myself with a couple hours to play tonight. Logged in got in a good fight with Loony2 <S> got jumped by a few on the second flight, and then some dork drops HQ and bails. I don't have the time or patience to run supplies half the night. Logged off and turned on Netflix.

Ya this is certainly a great way to retain the present population/subscription base.  :rolleyes:

I don't mind it being an option, but it should not be so easy for one player to mess with everyone else game play experience. If it is easy to take out, it should be just as easy to resupply it.

As it is now one guy can take it out, but it takes half a dozen guys 3-4 trips.... and thats with bailing at the end to fix it. Make it so half a dozen planes are need to drop it, or make it so a couple guys making a single trip can fix it.

Oh How quickly one forgets.  :rofl

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,358854.135.html

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2014, 05:57:25 AM »
It is getting old.  Much worse on the big, empty maps.

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2014, 06:23:12 AM »
Can we do something about suicide HQ bombers?
We can't, HTC can.

This is another reason I keep asking for perked drones (free lead bomber). If the drones are perked it gives more incentive to bring them back and not treat them like disposable bomb-carts dragged by the lead. All perked rides are free if you land them, but bomb&bail = pay the perks.
If the player chooses to bring just the one perk-free bomber without drones then it is not enough to drop the HQ or VCs in one run. As it stands now, there is no reason not to ditch the drones after the drop, and only a little reason to bring one bomber back to land.

On top of that HQ needs to toughened up.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2014, 06:31:55 AM »
We can't, HTC can.

This is another reason I keep asking for perked drones (free lead bomber). If the drones are perked it gives more incentive to bring them back and not treat them like disposable bomb-carts dragged by the lead.

Might be better to do away with the drones, 1000 pound bombs on fighters then  adjust hardness of objects

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2014, 07:49:01 AM »
Oh How quickly one forgets.  :rofl

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,358854.135.html

I very rarely forget anything. A bailing buff in mid war and dropping HQ in late war are vastly different things. That buff that bails on you only spoils YOUR fun, where dropping HQ spoils everyone's fun.

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2014, 08:29:09 AM »
Doing away with drones, or perking them, will likely mean the end of level bombing in the MAs. With how quickly hangars pop, unless you had three people all willing to bomb at once (Good luck most nights...) or a LOT of perks to burn (Bombers fall to fighters quite often in this game) people will not fly level bombers.

The last time I did an HQ run, it took 30,000lbs of bombs on that central building. Is this no longer the case?

It was also well over an hour of flight time just to get to the target, with plenty of interceptors in Me-163s. They made it hell, and I know I never even made it to the target... This sounds like inadequate defense to me.