Author Topic: Can we do something about suicide HQ bombers?  (Read 5544 times)

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
Re: Can we do something about suicide HQ bombers?
« Reply #150 on: December 17, 2014, 07:17:54 PM »
Solution exist, though : let us post films in forums showing those lamers bailing and bailing again (5 times same guy in a row yesterday, thats becoming a way of life for some...Isnt it, ******4* ?)   :bolt:

THAT I like. Peer pressure does have some effect, I've tried (and to a small extent succeeded) in discouraging teammates from bombing 'n' bailing. I don't know anyone who respects folk who bomb and bail, and if players would grief those who regularly engage in it, it might become less common.

I disagree with the hardening-the-HQ idea because it would result in HQ almost never getting killed (how often do multiple sets of buffs hit strats nowadays?). And limiting the effect of a downed HQ would make the risk/reward ratio in hitting HQ undesirable.

If hardening HQ to some degree ever happens, I hope HT also makes HQ stay damaged a lot longer than it currently does, so that a subsequent strat run has the chance to finish the job if the 1st attack falls short. A damaged-but-not-downed HQ heals in what, 15 minutes now? Link HQ damage repair time to city strat damage, or have HQ damage last an hour (instead of 15 minutes, or whatever it is).

But I like the system the way it is right now. It takes a long flight and precision bombing to take down HQ, and the value of downing the target should be commensurate with the amount of time and effort involved to do it.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 17, 2014, 07:36:20 PM »
I disagree with the hardening-the-HQ idea because it would result in HQ almost never getting killed (how often do multiple sets of buffs hit strats nowadays?). And limiting the effect of a downed HQ would make the risk/reward ratio in hitting HQ undesirable.

We don't have multiple sets of buffs hitting the strats often these days because it's not necessary. One single set can severly smash a factory all by it's own, two would entirely flatten it, which often actually can be counter productive.
One single player in 29s can bring down a fully intact city down to 50% all by his own. Who needs a raid now?

For the HQ: The risk, effort /reward ratio is what's totally off. That is exactly the problem, beside the detrimental impact on gameplay by having no dar for one or two hours or even longer with such a low population we do have these days.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #152 on: December 18, 2014, 01:46:12 AM »
I disagree with the hardening-the-HQ idea because it would result in HQ almost never getting killed
That's the idea.

But I like the system the way it is right now. It takes a long flight and precision bombing to take down HQ, and the value of downing the target should be commensurate with the amount of time and effort involved to do it.
It takes 0 precision. Have you ever seen a bomber MISS HQ?  :rolleyes:
Also, there should not be any reward for time investment. This is not work or an RPG game. Putting a bomber on auto-climb and going to do the laundry while it climbs to 30k should not be rewarded in any way. I dont care how hard it is to hit HQ - the only thing I care about is that HQ down makes people logout, and those that stay cannot find the fight. I do not approve of my chesspiecemen taking the enemy HQ down because less enemies and the few that are left and flying around aimlessly does not make a fun COMBAT game.

Make HQ an instant win to the other country, I dont care, but the dar bars should never ever go down.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #153 on: December 18, 2014, 01:56:37 AM »
Instant win would be a very good idea :old:

Bruv would be "spent" hanging around the HQ all day :old:

It would keep the hordes out of everyone hair as well :old:

There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #154 on: December 18, 2014, 06:25:54 AM »
It takes 0 precision. Have you ever seen a bomber MISS HQ?  :rolleyes:

Yup, me. I think I've tried to kill HQ 5x in my 2 years in AH, and I missed 2x (and I'm a pretty good bomber pilot).

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #155 on: December 18, 2014, 06:37:55 AM »
It takes 0 precision. Have you ever seen a bomber MISS HQ?

Twice I've missed the HQ before.  1) B-29's running the 4k pack, speed/alt all lined with no accel/decel, climb/drop.  Off.  Wonder if they fixed that though, because I always had that issue when flying her. :headscratch:  2) Mossy 16's, literally missed by 10 feet.  My own fault as I had not stabilized for bomb drop.

Otherwise, no.  I've always hit the HQ.  Destroying it on the other hand, well... :lol
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.