Author Topic: A public service message  (Read 1404 times)

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
Re: A public service message
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2014, 06:52:01 PM »

But that's only a 41.135 return on your perks...  You shouldn't round that UP to 42, should you?  That's just mathematically unsound, isn't it?  I mean if you plugged that in as a multiplier in a complex equation as a basis for a reference chart, it would have significant error, no?

Oh no!  I fear Lusche has made a math error!  This makes me question everything.  The foundation of AH is shaken.  Chaos reigns.  We are all lost.  Abandon ship.  Bail out.  "Geronimooooooo..."

:)

Actually, in the spirit of Thanksgiving, thanks for all you bring to the game Lusche.

<S>
Ryno

Lol... That's what I was thinking..

Offline MrGeezer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2014, 07:28:04 PM »
Sorry to hear Lusche/Snailman.  Thought that stuff only happened to me.   :aok
Killing Virtual Bad Guys Since 1995  Disabled, retired.

"Posting anything, which says anything positive about anyone, on our board, will always turn into a derogatory mess. It should be a forum posting rule."  Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2014, 10:24:05 PM »

But that's only a 41.135 return on your perks...  You shouldn't round that UP to 42, should you?  That's just mathematically unsound, isn't it?  I mean if you plugged that in as a multiplier in a complex equation as a basis for a reference chart, it would have significant error, no?

Oh no!  I fear Lusche has made a math error!  This makes me question everything.  The foundation of AH is shaken.  Chaos reigns.  We are all lost.  Abandon ship.  Bail out.  "Geronimooooooo..."

I never claimed to be good at maths.
Actually as a matter of fact , I pretty much suck at it.
For the longest time of my school career, I had the German marks equivalent to the US "F" in that very subject ("Mangelhaft" or even "Ungenügend"), up to the very end. From 6th grade on, I was totally lost, mostly having no idea about what the math teachers where talking about at all. I'm not kidding.

So getting THAT close to a correct answer is almost a major victory to me   :x :neener:

Actually, in the spirit of Thanksgiving, thanks for all you bring to the game Lusche.

Not sure what "all that" really is  :noid but Happy Thanksgiving to you, too  :old: :banana:
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2014, 10:28:06 PM »
Sorry to hear Lusche/Snailman.  Thought that stuff only happened to me.   :aok

As someone just said in another thread: Bomber perks grow on trees. I could get perks back in two sorties if I wanted to.
I'm just afraid of getting my B-29 license revoked for major n00bery  :old:

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2014, 01:55:59 PM »
There was a video posted a year or two back of a whole mission of bombers that took off towards a hill. The radio chat was hilarious. Does anyone know where that post was?

Those were fighters.
Hotard is one of my favorite players.

Good job earning perks back Lusche.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2014, 01:58:45 PM »
Before taking off in a full formation of B-29s, check if there's a hostile Task Group cruising in front of your runway.  :old:

Else you might find yourself in tower within 3 minutes  :bhead

This service message was brought to you by Lusche - not paying attention since tour 70  :banana:

And here I thought I was the only one who did stuff like this.  I feel so much better about myself now.  ;)

Sorry Lusche.  You know what they say:  "Stuff happens."
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2014, 05:34:05 PM »
Wait tell you have a supply convoy jump up in front of you as you are on take off.

Lost a 262 that way once.  Taking off and saw the trucks coming in from the side, train of thought went something like this:
"I wonder if they count as a collisio-" *BOOM*
"Yup."
"Fiddlesticks."

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline bacon8tr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2014, 11:08:52 PM »
You mean this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96LcXSQC_mk&list=UUGJG5MO8EzB5HA4u6Q4QXow

Your typical HoTard mission!

There was one of a CV Ops during FSO I believe, where a ton of guys couldn't get airborne to save their life.  Anyone have that o ne?  :D :D

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2014, 04:16:49 AM »
Seems I'm going to make a habit out of this stuff. Me and the young one saying goodbye to mom at the door this morning: -424 perks. Obviously that mountain was higher than it appeared at first...  :lol

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2014, 04:33:40 AM »
Uh oh the snail broke the 20k mark...

Now we have a glowing snail...  :noid
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2014, 06:10:25 AM »

I never claimed to be good at maths.
Actually as a matter of fact , I pretty much suck at it.
For the longest time of my school career, I had the German marks equivalent to the US "F" in that very subject ("Mangelhaft" or even "Ungenügend"), up to the very end. From 6th grade on, I was totally lost, mostly having no idea about what the math teachers where talking about at all. I'm not kidding.

My room mate and I both have a legitimate BS in math. One day we spent twenty minutes trying to figure out why two numbers weren't dividing properly before we figured out we had the wrong number on top... I feel your pain. I honestly have no clue how I made it through college... I have a hard time dividing by 2 most times!