Author Topic: Bombers disappear from map  (Read 1859 times)

Offline aarque

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
Re: Bombers disappear from map
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2014, 08:27:29 PM »
Terrain doesn't have to be below you to stay off radar.
Fewer than 251' have to be between you and sea level to not trigger dar bar. Terrain is inconsequential. If you believe otherwise than you need to investigate further. I do not believe Cane intended to foster a discussion about dar conditions in this bug report either.
Now say, "rk"

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2014, 12:19:46 AM »
Fewer than 251' have to be between you and sea level to not trigger dar bar. Terrain is inconsequential. If you believe otherwise than you need to investigate further. I do not believe Cane intended to foster a discussion about dar conditions in this bug report either.

Assuming there is a bug.

Aarque is dead wrong about having to be near sea level to stay off the radar.  It's AGL not ASL for sector counters and radar dots.

Drane has an excellent point.  I always go NOE to the strats and have no problems climbing tall mountains NOE most of the time.  I just use the terrain to my advantage.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2014, 08:22:43 AM »
Assuming there is a bug.

Aarque is dead wrong about having to be near sea level to stay off the radar.  It's AGL not ASL for sector counters and radar dots.

Drane has an excellent point.  I always go NOE to the strats and have no problems climbing tall mountains NOE most of the time.  I just use the terrain to my advantage.
My question is do you appear over the strats at 22,000 feet?
AkCaine

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2014, 12:55:41 PM »
My question is do you appear over the strats at 22,000 feet?

No I have to climb to get that high. 
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline aarque

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2014, 06:29:47 AM »
Clearly it has been decided that this condition will not be addressed as a bug. I don't know how long you have been flying AH before discovering this particular facet of the game Cane, but I suspect it has been a bit longer than Rob52240 has been enjoying his elevated "NOE" flying.
Now say, "rk"

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2014, 11:14:21 AM »
Clearly it has been decided that this condition will not be addressed as a bug. I don't know how long you have been flying AH before discovering this particular facet of the game Cane, but I suspect it has been a bit longer than Rob52240 has been enjoying his elevated "NOE" flying.

NOE is not elevated Aarque.  All NOE flying is done at or below 200' AGL.

I do use terrain to climb, most mountains can be traversed with bombers in such a manner that NOE is maintained.

Clearly you are an imbecile who makes baseless allegations.

Offline elc7367b

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2015, 03:08:34 PM »
On the Compello map, if you fly south or north off of the map, you will not leave a dar signature where you are located.  Your dar signature or arrow will show on the corresponding grid square on the other side of the map.  For example, if you are flying two sectors south on the map, your dar bar will show up two sectors down from the north side of the map.  I have screen shots to further explain but do not handle computers enough to figure out how to post them.  I will be emailing them to a squaddie so that he can do it.

Muttman

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2015, 03:12:14 PM »
I have screen shots to further explain but do not handle computers enough to figure out how to post them. 

Screen shots can be attached in this Bug Report forum, click "Additional Options" below the text input box
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2015, 05:28:35 PM »
Screen shots can be attached in this Bug Report forum, click "Additional Options" below the text input box

Here is my squad mate chasing 40k Rook B-29's dar bar showing for both while on the South end of Compello map .

40k Rook B-29's fly off Southern end of map enemy dar bar is now gone & no red arrow to show enemy off map. Squad mate still on map friendly dar bar showing still.

Squad mate fly's off Southern end of map friendly dar bar is gone & no green arrow showing friendly off map.

Now go to the very top of the map & on the same vertical grid line & 40k Rook B-29's dar bar shows & is now flying in Knight air space & green arrow for squad mate now shows in Knight airspace as well.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2015, 07:35:17 PM »
film of what happens when you find them

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2015, 08:10:37 PM »
film of what happens when you find them

Some squad mates have filmed this.
Bullets pass through no damage when off map.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2015, 09:31:34 PM »
yeah.......I posted the film of it happening above.