Author Topic: FYI: Base Defense  (Read 1484 times)

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
FYI: Base Defense
« on: December 16, 2014, 10:31:52 PM »
I learned earlier that the proper expert base defense method is to grab a M3 and resupply town.

I was called a noob furballer for being in a fighter.  :frown:

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline SysError

• Silver Member
Re: FYI: Base Defense
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 10:38:03 PM »
 :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
=======================
SysError

Dante's Crew

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 06:50:01 AM »
Well, you is a noob....  You have only been around since '06...   :devil
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 09:57:57 AM »
I learned earlier that the proper expert base defense method is to grab a M3 and resupply town.

I was called a noob furballer for being in a fighter.  :frown:

:lol
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 11:10:08 AM »
My favorite one is "omg the Fh are down" meanwhile the BH are up and 20 guys are in tower because they are afraid to jump in a A20 or TBM or Tu2 to fight off attackers.

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 11:30:07 AM »
My favorite one is "omg the Fh are down" meanwhile the BH are up and 20 guys are in tower because they are afraid to jump in a A20 or TBM or Tu2 to fight off attackers.

Prefer the D3A1 myself. :)
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 11:45:51 AM »

I have seen a number of bases saved by a flight of A20s (usually it's the opposing team doing the saving  :bhead).
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2014, 11:54:51 AM »
Happy christmas :)
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2014, 11:59:01 AM »
Cobia,

It's because the wirbel manger is down for stall cleaning and renovation due to the TNT that accidentally went off on the roof. They are very busy in the tower staying safe from stray rounds, while discovering who knows how to contact the "Down Time" elves doing the cleaning and stall renovation for an update. Once everyone finishes pointing at each other getting the "Uhh, Oh!!, Duh, I dunno". Mikey sanctimoniously relents, and runs his quick dial to the job foreman he has had his finger poised on all along, making himself look like a genius. Then everyone goes, Oh yeah, 6 minutes ain't very long. I'll go drain the vein and see how my beers are chillin. While half of them hop to the other side of the map where they can be the vulchers.

At least be happy they haven't come up with the bright idea it's time to try and take a base with GV only. Then suck 2\3 of the available players out of the air for the rest of the night getting hammered while hiding in the bushes.  
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2014, 04:22:10 PM »
  ^ ^ ^ ^  :rofl ^^^  :aok

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2014, 12:22:14 AM »
I was there in a lone brewster trying to fight those 3 190s. Just renewed my account and so far I feel I should give up the air portion in favor of base supply - it would be more productive.

Its been frustrating so far. My two favorite things in the MA are flying bombers and hunting bombers. So far, I have not had time for long buff sorties and I always seem just too late to intercept buffs. In light of this, I have found myself furballing to defend a base. Unfortunately, I like to fly the old planes that can't catch crap and don't pack enough punch to offset my horribly bouncing shot placement. These situations have invariably lead to many losses of life on my part with little to show for it. Heck, i owe the majority of my "kills" to simply proxy augers from ponies trying to pick me low and slow on the deck in my hurricane. I know, i'm placing myself in a high risk situation and should consider myself lucky to be able to even land. What's frustrating is that I'm unable to take advantage of opportunities.

Back on topic, scoring more points will help you win  :aok m3 supply runs and fighters tangling with the opposition should work together to defend a field. Furballing the dog out of the enemy over the field while ignoring the lone troop carrier racing towards the white flagged town ain't gonna work. At the same time, m3 supply convoys without air support will just be cannon fodder to attack planes. See, ya both win!
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Game ID: ShtGn (Inactive), Squad: 91st BG

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2014, 07:18:23 AM »
I have saved numerous bases by upping a fighter. I didn't kill anyone. They just all get distracted by something to vulch and they forget to hit the town. Eventually they run out of ammo and have to leave :)