Author Topic: Off Peak time  (Read 1288 times)

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
Off Peak time
« on: December 21, 2014, 03:00:49 AM »
Off peak time is horrible.  Due to my work schedule I expect that I'll end up finding a new game.

I don't know what happened during my absence but it was not good.  I see 25 - 50% of the population that we had 2 years ago.  This is very bad for a sandbox game.

I find myself mostly unable to find a fight and when I do, more often than not it's just a gang bang.

I hope that paying 6 months in advance helps because I have a strong feeling that I'll be leaving 4 months on the table for HTC.

For the most part coming back to Aces High was a big waste of money (I bought an expensive new tower just to play Aces High on) and an even bigger disappointment.

Sorry for the negativity, I'm just being honest.

I do hope that the player base grows and I will stick with it for at least another month because of the highly anticipated graphics update. 

If I had something positive to say about how things are compared to how things were I would be sure to mention it, but I can't think of anything.

<S> players
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
Re: Off Peak time
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 03:18:33 AM »
Well some of us have no option but off peak
Its a bit of a different  game but can be alot of fun..and there are some great people. .
Just change your gameplay abit and make the most of it
Its more personal. ..and light hearted too
《《S》》 to the off peakers
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 03:29:51 AM »
What Jimmy said. I play off peak regularly, even though i don't have to. The guys who play then are a hell of a lot of fun to work with. Pragmatism isn't a bad thing, if you can't find what you normally like to do, branch out and find a different method of game play.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 03:35:53 AM »
I'm about to head in ... see you two there  :t

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 03:43:18 AM »
Rgr that   :banana:
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2014, 06:45:04 AM »
Good way to find a fight during off peak:
 Ask a friend to join
Up from a random base
Fly to a random enemy airfield non noe
Wait for the enemy to up

It will most of the time attract other players to join because they belive there is a fight going on. Key is to create a dar bar that indicate thar more than one plane is inbound.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2014, 07:00:56 AM »
If I've said it once I've said it 100 times. I think the mega maps and 12 hour rule no one can speak of, is ruining this game. The graphics update won't do nothing but make a prettier empty arena.

Has anyone ever hosted special events during the off peak hours? That would be a nice option. I don't know...something needs to change. Nothing I'd love more then to see the population back up to where it was in 06-2010.
Charlie don't surf!

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2014, 07:06:06 AM »
Why cant we speak of the 12 hour rule? I think its way too long.

We need bigger mapz!  :old:  :D
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2014, 07:22:05 AM »
I usually just ask if anyone wants to go to the DA.  Works 50% of the time and we usually have a lot of fun.

Last night I got 3 others to go DA and we did rolling 1 on 1's and then some 2 on 2 stuff.  Everyone had fun.

The MA is too big for the numbers that time of night.  It does allow the buff runners to play though. 

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2014, 09:33:54 AM »
I think you guys are kind of missing the point... if the game is stale on off peak hours why bother?  5 years ago I could log in at 4am cst and find a fight,  now I flip on the xbox.  New guys + boring gameplay = no new subscriptions.  

I really think a free month or two, and an promotional ad push is the way to go here.  :cheers:

Edit: After the new release that is

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2014, 09:55:13 AM »
The off hours were always one extreme or another. Most the time it was just boring as the whole arena was basically empty and the only planes in the air were normally bombers at 30K, but when things got fun during the off hours they would be a blast! Some of the best fights I ever got were from the off hour pilots.

Really hoping that after the big graphics update HTC puts a ton of time into fixing all the little bugs and annoying game features (HQ function and the unspoken number rule that we're not allowed to talk about anymore are the 2 big ones), and then does some big advertising. Hopefully that'll bring in at least some new blood.

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2014, 10:41:57 AM »
Off peak time is horrible.  Due to my work schedule I expect that I'll end up finding a new game.

And you are just one of many adding to the dilemma.  :bhead

Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2014, 10:56:20 AM »
How many more players do you guys think will help with this problem?
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2014, 03:07:23 PM »
Not that I go way back in the game or anything, but when I started in 2010 we needed 2 late war arenas for the same maps that we use now.  Except for tuesdays which were Titanic Tuesday.

In addition to this there were usually a half dozen guys in late war and several dozen in the dueling arena at all times.  WW1 usually had a few people in it at any given time.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2014, 03:44:01 PM »
Wow I war it to be like that again. :mad:
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"