Author Topic: Little Girl and Piper Crash  (Read 471 times)

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
Little Girl and Piper Crash
« on: January 05, 2015, 10:29:10 AM »
 :airplane: Wow! Its hard to guess what that poor little girl when through, after living through a crash, which killed her parents and others, trying to revive them and then walking 1/2 mile to some ones house. Just think, if she had started walking in other direction, she wouldn't be alive today, I guess.
When will doctors learn NOT to fly IFR! They are so accustom to being around death, they don't ever consider it, in their own lives. I have known 2 doctors who died in aircraft crashes, just because they should not have been in their situations to begin with.
One went from a Cessna 172 to a Piper Aztec, with a grand total of 62 hours and no multiengine training, that any of us knew about!
Second, checking out a doc friend of his, in his aircraft, Piper Arrow, with 2 nurses, who also died in back seat! He had about 80 hours flying time.
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!

Offline Hetzer7

• Nickel Member
Re: Little Girl and Piper Crash
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 11:37:08 AM »
A+P Mechanics often refer to the Beech Bonanza as the V-Tailed Doctor Killer. Usually they forget to switch tanks, then probably panic when the engine starts to sputter and die. Shame about the little girl's family.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 12:08:17 PM »
A+P Mechanics often refer to the Beech Bonanza as the V-Tailed Doctor Killer. Usually they forget to switch tanks, then probably panic when the engine starts to sputter and die. Shame about the little girl's family.

Forty years as a flight instructor and I learned the lesson the hard way, never take a Doctor as a student, never sign one off in an advanced complex aircraft, it will only server to bit you in the bellybutton years down the road, the FAA and the Doctors lawyers come looking for any CFI who signed a log book.   When you work for a flight school you are stuck and have to take them as students, but I always worked as an independent and learned the hard way to just said no.  I know 5 that died within 10 years of getting their ticket.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 09:04:30 PM »
They lived 20 miles from here, the pilot and his family owned a furniture store and the pilot himself sold us furniture years ago
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women