Author Topic: Good fun Luftwaffe...but 38s aren't bombers....so....  (Read 1408 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Good fun Luftwaffe...but 38s aren't bombers....so....
« on: January 10, 2015, 07:35:31 PM »
Quit shooting me! :)

Had some knock down drag out fights with 109s and 190s today that ended in my usual shower of 38 parts.  Was great fun :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
Re: Good fun Luftwaffe...but 38s aren't bombers....so....
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 07:55:53 PM »
How did Wiley put it...'More fun than a sack full of weasels!'

<S>

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Mario500

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 05:29:18 AM »
I had 6 190's on me at one point and survived, well for about 15mins until they got one of my engines, and then I lost the rear half of my plane, turns out that's an important part and then it was early bath (in the sea) for me lol
"They'll never expect this" means "I want to try something stupid."

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 10:41:55 AM »
CorkyJr, so Ratio and another stick was working you over on the deck, I had dropped from something like 32k to assist, wanted another -38 scalp pretty bad and ended up ramming you.

The good news, it took my verticle stabilizer, which resulted in my death. I think that is called 'karma be a beaatch' or something. Ratio was kind enough to roll his eyes as he thanked me for ramming you. (I'm looking for a facepalm icon... :bhead)

boo
II/SG2
"Das Butcher Bird Mafia!"
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 12:36:02 PM »
I didn't realize it was a collision that ended that flight til I watched the film.  I remembered seeing your 190 out a ways and closing during one of the breaks against the 109s, but didn't realize you got that close.  It was good fun.  Don't blame you one bit for blowing through trying to end the fight :)

Anything goes in a scenario.  I figured if you gents were focused on me, that you weren't shooting 17s and 24s.  In that way my death was not in vain :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters