Author Topic: Players to admire  (Read 23268 times)

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: Players to admire
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2015, 04:32:00 PM »

ahhh but you see, not only could Moot energy fight in it like most anyone can, he could turn and burn with the best and more often than not come out on top.

I've had 10 kill runs in a 38 a number of times on a single sortie with no rearms. BnZ is easy. Now if you want to get down and dirty with the 38 you watch guys like Twinboom and Pawz. They don't mind the odds being against them and more often than not win out over those "turny" planes.

You seem to be confusing energy fighting and BnZ. Those are two very good pilots who have flown the same plane for years, I don't think the typical MA pilot gives them much trouble. Turning and burning in a plane that is one of the best at energy fighting doesn't make much sense, although it can be done, it would be much more effective the other way. Which is only what I can assume he did... if not, please correct me.

Also, I can count on my hand the number of people I have crossed paths in this game that know how to energy fight properly. Again, might want to brush up on definitions, it is not "pointing the nose up and hitting WEP" like most seem to think.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 04:35:27 PM by xPoisonx »
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2015, 04:34:06 PM »
By all means, forget about my in game advice and use an ad hominem attack on me... for giving advice!

Someone is  :ahand

I don't think it was asked for.....nowhere in this thread did anyone ask for advice.  Now run off and go be the legend that you seem to believe you are

« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 04:36:59 PM by mbailey »
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2015, 04:36:44 PM »
I don't think it was asked for.....nowhere in this thread did anyone ask for advice.  Now run off and go be the legend that you seem to believe you are
This is a discussion of people who employ tactics to be successful right? You would think players would be interested in learning ways to get better, instead of sticking to the standard community style turn and burn on the deck, and complain when anyone does anything else. Maybe its just me  :headscratch:

HiTech

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2015, 04:38:11 PM »

This is not what the OP is describing I assume. Most likely used the strengths of the 152 (energy fighting) to his advantage to kill the 4 guys. Which is exactly what you should do.

Nope, m00t liked to get down and dirty in the Ta 152, you'd often see him on the deck turn fighting in it and getting kills on reversals.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2015, 04:38:14 PM »
. Maybe its just me  :headscratch:

I believe it is in fact just you. We were discussing players we admired
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 04:41:40 PM by mbailey »
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2015, 04:38:38 PM »
You seem to be confusing energy fighting and BnZ. Those are two very good pilots who have flown the same plane for years, I don't think the typical MA pilot gives them much trouble. Turning and burning in a plane that is one of the best at energy fighting doesn't make much sense, although it can be done, it would be much more effective the other way. Which is only what I can assume he did... if not, please correct me.

Also, I can count on my hand the number of people I have crossed paths in this game that know how to energy fight properly. Again, might want to brush up on definitions, it is not "pointing the nose up and hitting WEP" like most seem to think.

The point is anyone can fly his plane to his strengths and win. Those that push outside the envelope.... like turn fighting in a Ta152 like Moot was known to do is why these pilots are admired. Funny thing is they didn't walk around with a chip on their shoulder like the so called" elite" we have today do.

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2015, 04:41:41 PM »
The point is anyone can fly his plane to his strengths and win. Those that push outside the envelope.... like turn fighting in a Ta152 like Moot was known to do is why these pilots are admired. Funny thing is they didn't walk around with a chip on their shoulder like the so called" elite" we have today do.

I disagree with your statement of "anyone can fly his plane to his strengths and win". What about all the P51 190D LA7 "tards" that zoom around in the MA never getting below 300? They are flying to the strengths of those planes (speed) but I see very few that are successful beyond the typical 2-3 kill sorties.

Sure you can make a general high speed plane turn and beat people, thats awesome. But most people here seem to struggle with even flying conservatively and winning, so it doesn't make much sense to throw away all advantages to look cool when dying  :)

Don't get me wrong, if thats what works for those pilots, great. But their flightstyle is not really helpful to the common folk if they can't do the what you guys are calling "basics".
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 04:45:29 PM by xPoisonx »

HiTech

Offline wpeters

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2015, 04:42:02 PM »
By all means, forget about my in game advice and use an ad hominem attack on me... for giving advice!

We did not ask about advice.  You may beat many of us E fighting, but til the time you can use your crutch of aiming with the high eny planes fights when you are at a E disadvantage we will not ask you for advice.   I am willing to bet you will not last long.  

Remember you are still a newb to this game.   You have belonged here maybe 9 months.  I give you the fact that u know how to aim.  But you are a extremely timid player if you do not have the E advantage.  Also you have a ego the size of Texas.  Please type when you have thought about your thoughts. Not while you are thinking them

LtCondor
          The Damned
Fighter pilots are either high, or in the process of getting high.🙊
The difference between Dweebs and non dweebs... Dweebs have kills

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2015, 04:45:07 PM »
m00t was a master...fester the same..... maybe even a bit better then m00t

poison/skydurp/kruel  :rofl

not even in the same ballgame. ;)

here edited so they dont feel left out. :cry
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 04:55:35 PM by ink »

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2015, 04:45:29 PM »
The point is anyone can fly his plane to his strengths and win.

No.
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2015, 04:46:22 PM »

My god, what has that idiot been feeding you......we're not PLAYING this GAME to prove our manhood by getting many kills at no risk to ourselves. That is BORING and SHALLOW, in game and in REAL LIFE and proves absolutely nothing.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2015, 04:47:43 PM »

Poison is just a kid fellers.  Leave him be.  Unfortunately he's acting the way he's been taught to act here.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2015, 04:47:57 PM »
This is a discussion of people who employ tactics to be successful right? You would think players would be interested in learning ways to get better, instead of sticking to the standard community style turn and burn on the deck, and complain when anyone does anything else. Maybe its just me  :headscratch:
It's not better, it's easier, and it's not a reason for playing a game, it's to CHALLENGE oneself, and your style is no challenge.

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2015, 04:49:13 PM »
My god, what has that idiot been feeding you......we're not PLAYING this GAME to prove our manhood by getting many kills at no risk to ourselves. That is BORING and SHALLOW, in game and in REAL LIFE and proves absolutely nothing.

When you say "we", to whom are you referring to? And no Copprhed, I never told people how to fly, you do what you want. If you want to fly your way with your 15$, I don't mind at all.

Stay calm, bud  :aok

BTW. If you want to challenge yourself, I would think you could do it by expanding outside your usual flightstyle, just like many of you are telling me. Which is what I have been doing recently. Look at it hard enough you will find it can be quite challenging :)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 04:51:01 PM by xPoisonx »

HiTech

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2015, 04:50:11 PM »
It's not better, it's easier, and it's not a reason for playing a game, it's to CHALLENGE oneself, and your style is no challenge.
RedBull would enjoy making mincemeat of the Damned, maybe it's the challenge he needs to get him back. I'd even pay his script.