Author Topic: Players to admire  (Read 23261 times)

Offline Oyabun

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
Re: Players to admire
« Reply #330 on: January 25, 2015, 02:19:34 PM »
 :old: I am not gay.... My boyfriend is... Let it be known!  :old:

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #331 on: January 25, 2015, 02:30:29 PM »
Lol Changeup
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #332 on: January 25, 2015, 03:00:29 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 10:21:13 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #333 on: January 25, 2015, 03:01:38 PM »
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 10:21:24 AM by Skuzzy »
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #334 on: January 25, 2015, 03:01:50 PM »
I know this thread has gone way off where it was meant to be but I'll go back to the original idea.  I admire the players that are not only talented in their own ways but use it to better the community.

Widewing:  This man has taught me much, he was kinda like an Obe Wan to me, but never had an ego despite his great knowledge base and talent.

Stampf:  This man is a born leader, I have no doubt if he actually was in WW2, and he had a squad, they wouldn't be just as successful as the JG11 we have in game today. His leadership ability makes him a man to admire.

Morfiend:  I don't think there is a nicer guy in game, that will go out of his way to help.

Branch37:  He's my CO, and half the age of just about everybody in VF-17, but leads as a man twice his age.  Plus his dry sense of humor cracks me up.

Delirium: Great guy and a great stick (except when he makes me talk about birds and bees to the new guys in the TA). One of the few guys I fear when on the other side.

This would be my short list, there's a much larger list of players I respect and call my friends as well, and I'm sure you know who you are.  But the five above stand out to me.

:salute
BigRat
When you think the fight might be going bad, it already has.
Becoming one with the Hog, is to become one with Greatness, VF-17 XO & training officer BigRat

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #335 on: January 25, 2015, 03:14:07 PM »
Widewing

Stampf

Morfiend

Branch37

Delirium

Not a bad short list, squaddie.

Mine probably fits in the 'where are they now' thread.

Dok GonZo

Krusher

Ratbo

GB

Texter

Goner

NancyD

Aub

Nuttz

(They are all actually in the old thread I referenced.)

I also like all my squaddies. (Shouldn't everyone like their squaddies?)

There's a lot of current players that are admirable. Most have been in this thread, already.

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #336 on: January 25, 2015, 04:45:30 PM »
I know this thread has gone way off where it was meant to be but I'll go back to the original idea.  I admire the players that are not only talented in their own ways but use it to better the community.

Widewing:  This man has taught me much, he was kinda like an Obe Wan to me, but never had an ego despite his great knowledge base and talent.

Stampf:  This man is a born leader, I have no doubt if he actually was in WW2, and he had a squad, they wouldn't be just as successful as the JG11 we have in game today. His leadership ability makes him a man to admire.

Morfiend:  I don't think there is a nicer guy in game, that will go out of his way to help.

Branch37:  He's my CO, and half the age of just about everybody in VF-17, but leads as a man twice his age.  Plus his dry sense of humor cracks me up.

Delirium: Great guy and a great stick (except when he makes me talk about birds and bees to the new guys in the TA). One of the few guys I fear when on the other side.

This would be my short list, there's a much larger list of players I respect and call my friends as well, and I'm sure you know who you are.  But the five above stand out to me.

:salute
BigRat

Thank you BigRat.  Those are kind words.  Really. 

I don't belong in the same list as those fella's.   Honestly I just try to not let my men down.  There really is little more to it than that.  How can I be...less than...when I am so lucky to have such mates to play the game with.

<S>

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #337 on: January 25, 2015, 04:59:25 PM »
The ones I personally have admired due to what they bring to the game...

USRanger.. not only does he make cool sounds that I am sure you all use, but making the maps for AVA and scenarios. Plus he is actually funny as hell when he gets drinking.

Jeagear1.. When we were in need of an arena for a memorial flight not only did he set up the arena the way I had asked, he actually called me to make sure everything was correct.

ROC .. he gives up time to set-up and do the scenarios.

HB555 ... same as ROC but with the AHXARL

Any and all POTW due to the camaraderie we share and we get on to have "FUN" and destress from the real world.

Too many to count and not enough time but, the ones I do respect I don't care which side they fly on, I will salute them if i get shot down by them.

This thread has become an ankle humping, axe grinding fest and if we are to bring in new clientelle this is not the way to show how people act in game.

Show some class and remember, guests do show up and read the threads.

LawnDart

PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #338 on: January 25, 2015, 05:23:36 PM »
stuff you've said about me

what you have said about us

lolz... get it straight yungin...  was it to you personally, or your squad... or to your squad before you joined? 

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #339 on: January 25, 2015, 05:26:08 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 10:22:07 AM by Skuzzy »

HiTech

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #340 on: January 25, 2015, 05:49:59 PM »
See Rules #2, #4
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 10:22:25 AM by Skuzzy »

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #341 on: January 25, 2015, 07:07:31 PM »
I can see where this is going come Monday morning...

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #342 on: January 25, 2015, 07:13:44 PM »
See Rules #2, #4
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 10:22:40 AM by Skuzzy »

HiTech

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #343 on: January 25, 2015, 07:23:36 PM »

I am pretty shocked I was included in that list of really good people. I definitely don't deserve it!

Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Phoenix3107

• Copper Member
« Reply #344 on: January 25, 2015, 07:48:59 PM »
I can see where this is going come Monday morning...

Good thing you clocked in for your shift, eh D.T. :aok?
GameID:Phoenix

Also can be found under my DA name
"Lonewolf32097" at www.deviantart.com.