Author Topic: Beating a dead horse ?  (Read 13083 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Beating a dead horse ?
« Reply #255 on: February 28, 2015, 03:02:05 PM »
Full of 49'ers already and March has not started yet.  Thanks for pointing your friends out. :aok

oh the irony, I guess i spoiled somebody's fun by killing him with il2s :).  just notice too I got an achievement  :rock.  and I've been working so many days that I really thought it was march, lol.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #256 on: February 28, 2015, 03:34:11 PM »
I have no problem with this. He is referring to the 99% of AH. There is a 1% who is bored with what you described and at some point took it to the next level. Example early this morning I went and WF/deacked a town, dropped dar and the ords in 1 sortie with lancs all while defending against a mossy and 110. I survived even with no tail guns against the 110. Thats the stuff that makes bombing awesome for me. Anyone can bomb a target you are right, not everybody can do all that and survive if intercepted while attempting it.

I'll give you that. I've seen some good bomber gnners who can control their plane well (i e pushing nose down and keeping planes on your 6 by slightly turning). But the concept of bombing is simple and considering the OPs point, only needing 1 lanc pilot who risks nothing but time (not even a B29 where you could gamble perks, makes it unchallenging and unfun for the large majority of the players who are on at that time especially during off hours.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #257 on: February 28, 2015, 04:57:48 PM »
You even get f3 mode your gunners rarely die. What more could you ask for?

I stand firm on my remarks.

Come at me bro

Its not me that will be coming at you bro, its 999000.  My prediction?  you'll lose.  badly.  But, that doesn't mean 999000 is uber, lmao.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #258 on: February 28, 2015, 06:27:17 PM »
Its not me that will be coming at you bro, its 999000.  My prediction?  you'll lose.  badly.  But, that doesn't mean 999000 is uber, lmao.

999000 is like any bomber pilot if you take the time to engage him with an advantageous position, he'll die but I'll concede he leaves no room for fantasies  :salute

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #259 on: February 28, 2015, 07:31:30 PM »
999000 is like any bomber pilot if you take the time to engage him with an advantageous position, he'll die but I'll concede he leaves no room for fantasies  :salute

yeah if you take your time by then he'll have like 10 kills and be out of ammo then he'll die :).

semp

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #260 on: February 28, 2015, 08:13:15 PM »
I'll give you that. I've seen some good bomber gnners who can control their plane well (i e pushing nose down and keeping planes on your 6 by slightly turning). But the concept of bombing is simple and considering the OPs point, only needing 1 lanc pilot who risks nothing but time (not even a B29 where you could gamble perks, makes it unchallenging and unfun for the large majority of the players who are on at that time especially during off hours.
I can't argue with that. The HQ system is outdated ment for a different time in the games life. You stand a greater chance of dropping it at low alt than high alt and you will survive a low alt pass 95%. I think just hardening the HQ isn't the solution though. Simply making it harder to where you need 2 sets throws a good size dar bar that attracts a lot of uppers. 163's are, well that goes without saying. Yes harden it but not so much a set of 29's can't drop it. Just my opinion but I think the problem is fixed if you take away the low alt run.

Add 4-6 manned 88's and 38's to the HQ and I think it gives the defending country a fighting chance.
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Online icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #261 on: March 01, 2015, 07:38:19 AM »
How about...........have the HQ stay down as long as the guy who downed it stays alive?

If he bombs and bails, the hq automatically comes up in 2 minutes.

If he stays alive, the HQ stays at the current settings.

Offline Naughty

• Copper Member
« Reply #262 on: March 01, 2015, 08:47:23 AM »

In REAL LIFE the HQ's Main responsibility is the gathering, analyzing and distribution of information, and planning. So I believe the HQ being destroyed should effect the following:

1. Disables country channel. (local radio "room" channel and VOX still functions for players in range of each other)
       2. country Dar Bar is disabled, but Local radar (in ring) still functions.
       3. Automatic supply convoys are disabled.

It also should be hardened, requiring a minimum of 2 sets of Lancs scoring direct hits. and it's defenses increased.
The true warrior has no enemies. Only teachers

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
« Reply #263 on: March 01, 2015, 09:09:22 AM »
I am good with this.... kill the HQ, command and control becomes harder to do. I would add text too, no country text, only local.

In REAL LIFE the HQ's Main responsibility is the gathering, analyzing and distribution of information, and planning. So I believe the HQ being destroyed should effect the following:

1. Disables country channel. (local radio "room" channel and VOX still functions for players in range of each other)

It also should be hardened, requiring a minimum of 2 sets of Lancs scoring direct hits. and it's defenses increased.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #264 on: March 02, 2015, 12:44:52 AM »

yup and that would also kill the game :).

semp

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #265 on: March 02, 2015, 12:51:04 AM »
How about we get the c-54 with drones and have one supply drop bring up hq?
Pies not kicks.

Offline 428CJ

• Copper Member
« Reply #266 on: March 02, 2015, 04:46:42 PM »
HQ down again - No dar -going to go find something else to do.

seriously - why cant HQ be like a CV and come back 100% in 10 min?

Offline SysError

• Silver Member
« Reply #267 on: March 02, 2015, 05:30:23 PM »

As long you harden HQ, I would be OK with the above.  HQ is way to soft AND the DAR bar needs to be fixed so that our only warning is not when the con is one sector away. 

Perhaps also
- disable missions
- disable Squad Vox
- at random put 25% - 50% of country texts on 200
- disable achievements

=======================
SysError

Dante's Crew

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #268 on: March 02, 2015, 07:04:21 PM »
yup and that would also kill the game :).

semp
Have to agree with Semp.

Add manned guns to the HQ!!!
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #269 on: March 03, 2015, 07:39:56 PM »
Barrage balloons
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF