Author Topic: Other than the HQ  (Read 1074 times)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Re: Other than the HQ
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2015, 12:20:14 PM »
So this is where you ask to see my credentials, Fugitive?  Because the fact that I've been around since Air Warrior paying by the hour, through all the iterations of AH  has any effect whatsoever upon the topic?  Really?  That's your angle?  Ad hominem much?

So now every poster has to pull out their little AH card, stamped, to make a point? C'mon man, you don't need to be that guy.

It seems all the "fighter guys" just want to cry about the MA not being a bigger DA, but that's my opinion. You are free to disagree at will.  IMO radar is just another tool.  Have it or not, it doesn't ruin any of the fun that is this game.  All these folks claiming they're gonna quit because of not having pretty little dots to run after are acting like children whining about not getting the good swing at recess.   :salute

Not exactly.  If all you want to do is roll bases you're right, it doesn't affect you much.

If however, you play to defend, no dar puts a serious crimp in your playstyle.  Without radar and bardar, one dolt in a chute flashing a field looks exactly like 20 aircraft trying to take the base looks exactly like 20 GVs trying to take a base.

Additionally it makes the singleton high alt buffs avoiding dar circles invisible until they flash a base.  At that point, unless you're lucky enough to be at alt in their area, there's no way to react in time to stop them.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2015, 12:25:33 PM »
Quite often time players are conveniently ignoring the significant difference in gameplay between an arena of 250 players and an arena with 25 players (of whom maybe half are active).

No dar can be annoying at prime time, but more often than not there are actual battles in progress, which you indeed can find.
Not so at off hours, where it's mostly about hunting down single players here and there. And resupping HQ is often about impossible either. It's a totally different world.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2015, 05:17:47 PM »
So this is where you ask to see my credentials, Fugitive?  Because the fact that I've been around since Air Warrior paying by the hour, through all the iterations of AH  has any effect whatsoever upon the topic?  Really?  That's your angle?  Ad hominem much?

So now every poster has to pull out their little AH card, stamped, to make a point? C'mon man, you don't need to be that guy.

It seems all the "fighter guys" just want to cry about the MA not being a bigger DA, but that's my opinion. You are free to disagree at will.  IMO radar is just another tool.  Have it or not, it doesn't ruin any of the fun that is this game.  All these folks claiming they're gonna quit because of not having pretty little dots to run after are acting like children whining about not getting the good swing at recess.   :salute

I ask, because it's relevant. Basing the numbers off vehicle captures ranking there are 20% less players today than one year ago. Gone are the days of a weeknight prime time US pushing 400 players. Now it's more like 200 (192 as I type, and 160 are in flight, a little over 50 players per side), weekends maybe 400 if there isn't something good on TV.

As Lusche said, prime time Euro wasn't stellar back in the day, but these days 25? Weekends maybe 100? Front line bases on a large map, about 20, that means EURO prime weekends one guy has to cover 2 bases by himself.

I know back when you played it was different, there were more players, playing more ways, trying different things. Today it isn't like that. IF you find a player he either bails or runs most of the time, unless he holds ALL the cards. Then he'll make a run or two at you THEN run when you avoid his lame HOing attempts and he starts losing his advantages.

Now you add in the lack of DAR. You fly over from the base next to a flashing base. You get there to find a porking buff at 25k, and guy porking the base who dies to ack while yo try to catch him, or the a for mentioned bailer/runners, or a horde of 25 guys trying to take a vehicle base.

It's a different game these days. With lower populations what was a small inconvenience before now becomes a major issue.   

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2015, 02:05:32 AM »
fugitive, so many things are so wrong with your post.  either quit or quit whining  :bolt:.

semp

edit: just logged in to check.  thursday night 12:06 am pst 65 players.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 02:07:17 AM by guncrasher »
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2015, 07:42:01 AM »
fugitive, so many things are so wrong with your post.  either quit or quit whining  :bolt:.

semp

edit: just logged in to check.  thursday night 12:06 am pst 65 players.

Oh please enlightened us with the vast store of knowledge you have accumulated while having your head firmly stuck in the ground.

I know you have an issue when people point out what they see as issues with the game, after all nobody's opinion matters but yours. Please point out all my errors.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 07:44:19 AM by The Fugitive »

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2015, 07:51:28 AM »
Not exactly.  If all you want to do is roll bases you're right, it doesn't affect you much.

If however, you play to defend, no dar puts a serious crimp in your playstyle.  Without radar and bardar, one dolt in a chute flashing a field looks exactly like 20 aircraft trying to take the base looks exactly like 20 GVs trying to take a base.

Additionally it makes the singleton high alt buffs avoiding dar circles invisible until they flash a base.  At that point, unless you're lucky enough to be at alt in their area, there's no way to react in time to stop them.

Wiley.

+1 to this whole post. 

If you don't spend any time defending, you won't have nearly as much of a problem with the loss of darbars. 
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."