Author Topic: HQ downed by GV's...  (Read 2035 times)

Offline Naughty

• Copper Member
HQ downed by GV's...
« on: February 24, 2015, 05:05:15 PM »

So apparently I missed the simultaneous dropping of 2 HQ's by GV's the other day, But I did get a chance to see the Forum backlash.

I don't understand what people are so unhappy about ! This is exactly what AH and HQ should be about ! 

It was not a lone player sneaking in and negatively effecting the game for the rest. This was an awesome, well planned mission, that took a lot of coordination and                       communication between MANY players.  I would have taken part in it, and I would have bragged about it afterwards. HQ is a valid prime target, and should be exploited whenever possible to help in the war effort. I give a big  :aok to the guys who conceived, planned and executed this mission.

And before people get their panties in a wad about my other post (beating a dead horse) I still think there is a major flaw with the HQ model, and 1 pilot being able to drop it. I just have NO problem with a well planned mission being able to do so.
The true warrior has no enemies. Only teachers

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
Re: HQ downed by GV's...
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 05:19:35 PM »
more than a well planed mission these guys are using little known game features to furthest possible extent in quite possibly the awesomest use of gvs in a mmo game.  :rock

If HT dont like it he will have to increase gv dar range.  I doubt they would considering how awesome and challenging the mission was/is.

:airplane:

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 05:32:35 PM »
more than a well planed mission these guys are using little known game features to furthest possible extent in quite possibly the awesomest use of gvs in a mmo game.  :rock

If HT dont like it he will have to increase gv dar range.  I doubt they would considering how awesome and challenging the mission was/is.

:airplane:
I agree. Looking back on it I should have done my thread a little different and I apologized to HT personally for it. Wasn't my intention to start a flame war but that's what happened. I don't know the culture on the forums good lesson learned. It's not that I care personally I just respect the game and HTS wishes and I'll leave it that.
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 05:40:47 PM »
   So apparently I missed the simultaneous dropping of 2 HQ's by GV's the other day, But I did get a chance to see the Forum backlash.

I don't understand what people are so unhappy about ! This is exactly what AH and HQ should be about ! 

It was not a lone player sneaking in and negatively effecting the game for the rest. This was an awesome, well planned mission, that took a lot of coordination and                       communication between MANY players.  I would have taken part in it, and I would have bragged about it afterwards. HQ is a valid prime target, and should be exploited whenever possible to help in the war effort. I give a big  :aok to the guys who conceived, planned and executed this mission.

And before people get their panties in a wad about my other post (beating a dead horse) I still think there is a major flaw with the HQ model, and 1 pilot being able to drop it. I just have NO problem with a well planned mission being able to do so.

A well planned and coordinated mission, the entirety of which depended on no detection and no opposition.  In a combat game.

And... that's supposed to be impressive, or 'epic' as the people who did it put it?

What was the material difference between what was done by these guys, and if they had done it and there were 0 players on the other two sides?  When you answer this question, you'll understand why nobody's impressed.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 05:47:30 PM »
A well planned and coordinated mission, the entirety of which depended on no detection and no opposition.  In a combat game.

And... that's supposed to be impressive, or 'epic' as the people who did it put it?

What was the material difference between what was done by these guys, and if they had done it and there were 0 players on the other two sides?  When you answer this question, you'll understand why nobody's impressed.

Wiley.

This.

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 06:31:44 PM »
This.
Good thing you guys don't run the show. We wouldn't have this great game if you did. You guys have your fighters and I respect that. I have no intention of ever being a great fighter pilot in this game. I get my rocks off doing other things. That's what makes this game awesome. The possibilities are endless. I could never spend a whole day doing what these guys did. With that said it was awesome to witness and be apart of that day.

There was a lot of crazy stuff happening that day. I along with a group of guys upped off a CV behind the knight rook line and flew NOE over 200 miles in F4u-D's to the AAA Stat because Knights were defending it so well. I took a set of lancs there about and hour before that and was intercepted by 3 262's and a TA152. It's stuff like that which is why I'm not going to buy a console or look for another game to play. AH is my home now in the gaming world and nothing will change that.
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 06:43:50 PM »
Good thing you guys don't run the show. We wouldn't have this great game if you did. You guys have your fighters and I respect that. I have no intention of ever being a great fighter pilot in this game. I get my rocks off doing other things. That's what makes this game awesome. The possibilities are endless. I could never spend a whole day doing what these guys did. With that said it was awesome to witness and be apart of that day.

There was a lot of crazy stuff happening that day. I along with a group of guys upped off a CV behind the knight rook line and flew NOE over 200 miles in F4u-D's to the AAA Stat because Knights were defending it so well. I took a set of lancs there about and hour before that and was intercepted by 3 262's and a TA152. It's stuff like that which is why I'm not going to buy a console or look for another game to play. AH is my home now in the gaming world and nothing will change that.

You might try making a custom arena for your squad.  Then you can fly all kinds of epic NOE missions, and the best part is, you won't have to worry about spies, or other players interfering with your epic missions!

Wiley.

JG11

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2015, 06:51:25 PM »
I have no intention of ever being a great fighter pilot in this game. I get my rocks off doing other things. That's what makes this game awesome.

Agreed..

however when you boast about doing things that don't really take much skill, it sounds childish.

remember that guy who used to talk smack from twin 5" ship guns? the kill club guy? its like that.

"stay in your lane"

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2015, 06:52:29 PM »

Offline O2b1-2

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2015, 08:18:33 PM »
 My .o2 the gv's hitting the HQ was a well done job. With a well rounded game which will have more paying/playing is better for the game.I'm glad there is more than Fighters in this game I try to FP but the spatial awareness is lacking on my end.But with out the GV and bomber side of the game I would of hanged it up. That's what's great about this sim and why I've come back and pay my 15 dollars.Sure I could do without the egos and the griefing but such is da luck. Cheers and :salute  o2

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2015, 09:31:17 PM »

Had the two victim countries been more observant, they would have figured it out in the 15 minutes it took me and there would have been plenty of opposition.

Instead, it took them 5 hours and the HQ going down more than twice.

Just because the victims were lame doesn't mean the attack was.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2015, 09:41:38 PM »
Had the two victim countries been more observant, they would have figured it out in the 15 minutes it took me and there would have been plenty of opposition.

No, the attack was lame.  It was designed around and depended upon not being seen.  There is no difference in gameplay between what they did and doing it in offline mode.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2015, 09:48:03 PM »

I think the never ending question is why spend five hours in an online sim where there are other people to go into combat with and do everything you can to avoid them?

Since no one really dies what's the risk in actually fighting against other folks? 
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2015, 09:57:13 PM »
Because its fun. There is a lot of fun in planing a bomb run or something like that and see if u can squeee trough to your target undetected, just as its fun to furball or up some buffs and try to shoot your way trough.
Even flying in a goon under an active radar or sneaking a base with an m3 is fun because its a challenge.

I would even do a photo reccon run or drop marker flares for bombers if we could, it had been awesome to fly a mossie at night using OBOE to find the way to enemy city and drop flares for a formation of lancs...
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 10:13:24 PM by Zimme83 »
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2015, 11:07:32 PM »
Because its fun. There is a lot of fun in planing a bomb run or something like that and see if u can squeee trough to your target undetected, just as its fun to furball or up some buffs and try to shoot your way trough.
Even flying in a goon under an active radar or sneaking a base with an m3 is fun because its a challenge.

I would even do a photo reccon run or drop marker flares for bombers if we could, it had been awesome to fly a mossie at night using OBOE to find the way to enemy city and drop flares for a formation of lancs...

I have no problem with the last paragraph.  Of course the key is they would have seen you coming for a long ways which would make it an actual challenge  :aok
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters