Author Topic: HQ downed by GV's...  (Read 2033 times)

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
Re: HQ downed by GV's...
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2015, 11:18:56 PM »
Didn't you just make a thread complaining about the HQ Being dropped? Lol
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2015, 11:20:15 PM »
The double HQ attack was fine. The main issue with HQ destruction is when it is done by a single player and is possible to do in a way which cannot be stopped unless a constant CAP is kept over HQ.

Players are now pissed off about HQ being down so often and don't take kindly any kind of HQ attack. The double HQ attack was a rare event done by a coordinated and rather sizable group of players, and does not represent the general HQ problem. I say that as one of the most opposed to the current HQ mechanism.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2015, 04:44:24 AM »
One night i dropped acid and kept rook hq down all night until like 6am. I had help. It might have been bish hq.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 05:29:52 AM by FLOOB »
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2015, 06:06:04 AM »

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2015, 07:04:39 AM »
I don't understand what people are so unhappy about! This is exactly what AH and HQ should be about!

ok

I wonder if there could be a minimalistic war status indicator on website.  Just shows if HQ down for each country.

This could be useful during low number times for those of us that log into this game to actually find aerial combat with limited time to game.  During peaks hours (200+ players) there is no issue of course.  Easy to defend and easy to resupply.
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2015, 07:49:57 AM »
Because its fun. There is a lot of fun in planing a bomb run or something like that and see if u can squeee trough to your target undetected, just as its fun to furball or up some buffs and try to shoot your way trough.
Even flying in a goon under an active radar or sneaking a base with an m3 is fun because its a challenge.

I would even do a photo reccon run or drop marker flares for bombers if we could, it had been awesome to fly a mossie at night using OBOE to find the way to enemy city and drop flares for a formation of lancs...

AH used to actually have night time, with a full moon and accurate constellations.  I suppose its ironic that I would log off until the sun came up again, but the novelty just wore off.  You guys will just have to find your own way to the city.  :cool:

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2015, 07:56:04 AM »
HQ being dropped creates an imbalance in game fun.  A few #$*& get their rocks off while the great majority of players suffer.  That is the tragedy of it all that HTC is failing to address.

Balance the risk and difficulty in taking down HQ and the balance will be back again.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2015, 09:21:37 AM »
HQ being dropped creates an imbalance in game fun.  A few #$*& get their rocks off while the great majority of players suffer.  That is the tragedy of it all that HTC is failing to address.

Balance the risk and difficulty in taking down HQ and the balance will be back again.

Game imbalance???
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2015, 11:05:26 AM »
It was a legit op.  <S> to all who took part. 

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2015, 11:54:40 AM »
Didn't know about the simul raid thing, salute the effort. I think it is unfortunate that it came in the context of the continual HQ downing tedium. If it required the kind of effort you folks put in to down HQ I would have no problem with the HQ situation. People seem to be under the delusion that there is a right way to play this game and feel like anybody not playing it their way detracts from game play, I say phooey. The problem is that the rules of the game ARE allowing something (HQ Killeasy,) that has a very high annoyance to tactical advantage ratio and is a real turnoff.  I would say it diminishes your achievment unfairly and also, I would argue, makes most people completely tune out from wanting to bother defending or resupplying and instead just put up with no dar or log out. This last point I feel is an argument against the point of view that some have that we should just defend better. The more it happens the less likely I am to pay any attention to it and just consider dar to be a randomly functional game feature/defect.
Pies not kicks.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2015, 12:21:05 PM »
No, the attack was lame.  It was designed around and depended upon not being seen.  There is no difference in gameplay between what they did and doing it in offline mode.

Wiley.

You are looking at the mission(s) from an extremely narrow point of view.  HTC has every opportunity to make "not being seen" completely out of the LWMA equation.  Fortunately / Unfortunately for some, the only thing I've ever seen HTC do about these horrible NOE missions is to make them more difficult. 

Stealth is a major huge big giant piece of the warfare pie.  This is a war: Part game / Part Simulation,  air, land and sea combat with all participants given the opportunity to make modest, temporary adjustments to the enemies "support" capabilities (strat down times). 

IT    IS    ALL   PART   OF   THE   GAME  Your  :furious particular demands for method of game play are part of it as well... "part" of it.

You don't have to like it.  Whether this type of mission is used to hasten the "win" for a particular side, or perhaps halt the inevitable horde doesn't matter.  What matters is, it is effective.

I for one am impressed.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2015, 12:35:01 PM »
You are looking at the mission(s) from an extremely narrow point of view.  HTC has every opportunity to make "not being seen" completely out of the LWMA equation.  Fortunately / Unfortunately for some, the only thing I've ever seen HTC do about these horrible NOE missions is to make them more difficult. 

Stealth is a major huge big giant piece of the warfare pie.  This is a war: Part game / Part Simulation,  air, land and sea combat with all participants given the opportunity to make modest, temporary adjustments to the enemies "support" capabilities (strat down times). 

IT    IS    ALL   PART   OF   THE   GAME  Your  :furious particular demands for method of game play are part of it as well... "part" of it.

You don't have to like it.  Whether this type of mission is used to hasten the "win" for a particular side, or perhaps halt the inevitable horde doesn't matter.  What matters is, it is effective.

I for one am impressed.

The only marginally impressive thing about it was the ability to hit the HQ from outside flash range.  Other than that it was an exercise in tree avoidance and added nothing to the gameplay of the arena.  Other than the HQs taking out radar for the other sides it was precisely no different than playing in a custom arena by themselves against no opposition.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2015, 12:48:12 PM »
The only marginally impressive thing about it was the ability to hit the HQ from outside flash range.  Other than that it was an exercise in tree avoidance and added nothing to the gameplay of the arena.  Other than the HQs taking out radar for the other sides it was precisely no different than playing in a custom arena by themselves against no opposition.

Wiley.

Again, your impression is completely subjective based upon what YOU want the game to be.  The fact is, HQ's both being down did in fact add to gameplay in the arena... IF you happened to be on the side that still had radar.  It had a HUGE, if temporary effect.

"...no different than playing in a custom arena by themselves against no opposition." is the same as saying "oh no, they were able to go 5hrs and not have some ultra-gamey bomb slinging A-20 dweeb show up and kill every one of them within 2 minutes of FINDING THEM."

What they accomplished was pretty doggone cool. 
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2015, 12:56:55 PM »
Game imbalance???

When a person logs on they have an expectation. If that expectation is not forth coming to a majority of players, there is an imbalance in game play.