Author Topic: HQ downed by GV's...  (Read 2034 times)

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: HQ downed by GV's...
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2015, 07:03:56 PM »
Didn't know about the simul raid thing, salute the effort. I think it is unfortunate that it came in the context of the continual HQ downing tedium. If it required the kind of effort you folks put in to down HQ I would have no problem with the HQ situation. People seem to be under the delusion that there is a right way to play this game and feel like anybody not playing it their way detracts from game play, I say phooey. The problem is that the rules of the game ARE allowing something (HQ Killeasy,) that has a very high annoyance to tactical advantage ratio and is a real turnoff.  I would say it diminishes your achievment unfairly and also, I would argue, makes most people completely tune out from wanting to bother defending or resupplying and instead just put up with no dar or log out. This last point I feel is an argument against the point of view that some have that we should just defend better. The more it happens the less likely I am to pay any attention to it and just consider dar to be a randomly functional game feature/defect.
That's the best thing anyone has said over this issue since it all began well before last weekend and I am in 100% agreement. After awhile you stop depending on the dar and just look for a fight I'd that's what your after which I sometimes do.

People that complain about HQ down during slow hours should worry more about HTC's lack of interest in getting more players to the game to fill up those hours. This is the best damn WWII CFS in the world it should be half full at all times and full during peak hours. There's 7 billion people in the world and we can't get 500-1000 more players in this game?
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2015, 08:04:31 PM »
See Rule #4

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2015, 08:05:48 PM »
The tables WERE turned because I was a member of one of the countries (knight) who's HQ was dropped.

I figured out what was up even before the HQs were dropped...

Yeah?  How?  How exactly did you "figure out what was up" before either HQ was destroyed?  Why were you flying your C47 to an HQ that had no indications of being under attack?  That was the whole point of my post and you don't answer it at all.  You only complain that no one bothered to look for your C47 on the subsequent attack of the Bishop HQ.  That is valid since you flashed some radars.  But explain how you figured out the first attack on your own HQ with no indicators whatsoever, no flashing HQ, no flashing bases, no radar dots.  Are you clairvoyant?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2015, 08:10:28 PM »

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2015, 08:13:53 PM »
We'll have P-39s flying round the clock to intercept any and all HQ raiders!

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2015, 09:27:15 PM »
Yeah?  How?  How exactly did you "figure out what was up" before either HQ was destroyed?  Why were you flying your C47 to an HQ that had no indications of being under attack?  That was the whole point of my post and you don't answer it at all.  You only complain that no one bothered to look for your C47 on the subsequent attack of the Bishop HQ.  That is valid since you flashed some radars.  But explain how you figured out the first attack on your own HQ with no indicators whatsoever, no flashing HQ, no flashing bases, no radar dots.  Are you clairvoyant?

Because I saw it flashing briefly without the bases around it having flashed.

They drove too close which caused it to flash and they immediately backed off.

Very easy to deduce from there.

Last time I suspected GVs at HQ, I upped a M18 to hunt them and got within a mile before I dumped it in the water and got stuck.

I routinely show up at various strats and the city in a tank and I'm sure some here can vouch for that because the kill message told them who got them.

Of course, showing up to strats that snailman was shooting up didn't work out for me but  the rest fell easy.

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2015, 09:36:53 PM »
Because I saw it flashing briefly without the bases around it having flashed.

They drove too close which caused it to flash and they immediately backed off.

OK.  So next time they know how far away to stay.  What exactly do we do then?

Offline 49Baller

• Zinc Member
« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2015, 10:00:17 PM »
The 49th FG love doing this instead of bombing it we like to roll GV's for nearly 3 hours at a time and killing it.Makes it more of a challenge for all countries.We do thank icepac and all others of the Rooks as well as the good sports of the opposing countries.Icepac we supped our last GV's so we could take it down a total of 5 times.Not only did this make this country mad because they didnt wanna up to see what was going on but they were blind for a few good hours. :neener: Thanks gentlemen for agreeing in what we do every though we see where everyone else ia coming from.But its still fun so.....yea lol <S>

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2015, 12:45:43 PM »
OK.  So next time they know how far away to stay.  What exactly do we do then?

Whenever a strat is within my driving distance (2 sectors), I check it out because I really enjoy showing up in a tank to surprise the attackers.

It's paid off many times.

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2015, 01:07:29 PM »
using little known game features to furthest possible extent

Can someone please explain in more detail exactly what "little known game features" were used that are being referenced here?  I've seen a couple comments to this effect, so I'm just curious, as I don't know the details of their GV raid.

I'm curious what made this raid so particularly interesting (other than it being on an HQ).

Thanks!

<S>
Ryno
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2015, 01:54:02 PM »
It is .target # #

I'm not sure but I guess the numbers are elevation and heading.

I believe the op of the locked thread gave the .target numbers that were in use for the mission.

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2015, 03:35:35 PM »
It is .target # #

I'm not sure but I guess the numbers are elevation and heading.

I believe the op of the locked thread gave the .target numbers that were in use for the mission.

Yes, the second number is heading, the third is elevation.  Funny, I was just going over the use of the .target command last night during gunnery training with two players (one a very long-time player) who had never used the azimuth and elevation numbers before.

I can see how this could be used by a single GV to zero in a target, but for multiple GVs I would think they would have to all be very close together or even small variations in terrain pitch could throw it off.  Still a clever use of a game feature (despite it's application being distasteful to much of the community).

I'm curious now how the correct number was determined without a friendly spotter, as you wouldn't know you are scoring hits until it went down, no?

<S>
Ryno
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline darkzking

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2015, 04:01:58 PM »
1st hit would more then likely kill a gun on the HQ that would let u know
raynos32 Leader of the 242nd Sloppy Terminators
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/
See Rule #4

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member