Author Topic: Dueling arena  (Read 1893 times)

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
Re: Dueling arena
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2015, 08:12:14 AM »
What killed the DA for me is the use of F3 and the bizarre alt monkeys there.  The alt monkeys takes the dueling out of the arena.  Much like bombers in the MA.

Why in the world you would want to climb out in the DA is beyond me.  You should just meet in the middle at take off alt and duel.  Pure coE as far as alt goes.

Then there are the ones that shoot you as you takeoff.  Not much of a duel.

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2015, 08:38:54 AM »
What killed the DA for me is the use of F3 and the bizarre alt monkeys there.  The alt monkeys takes the dueling out of the arena.  Much like bombers in the MA.

Why in the world you would want to climb out in the DA is beyond me.  You should just meet in the middle at take off alt and duel.  Pure coE as far as alt goes.

Then there are the ones that shoot you as you takeoff.  Not much of a duel.
:rolleyes: lol whats wrong with bombers in the MA/?

Furball lake has always been a sesspool. F3 mode is next to useless and anyone who really needs it isn't good to begin with. DA is a fun place if you bring a few friends to a private field and set some ground rules.
See Rule #4

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2015, 08:56:03 AM »
Will you guys PLEASE invite me next time?  No one invites me to DA sessions so I have to complain about complaining complainers all the time and never really contribute.  I've got nancypants on.

Yes, you will be invited next time...*handing a tissue*
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2015, 09:27:06 AM »
The arena was provided so the furballers could have that endless furball that the claim to want.  AH provided it in the form of furball lake, however, it appears that the furballers would rather fly in the MA and continue to complain whenever someone takes down a fighter hanger.  Could be that when confronted with equal numbers of furballing nme in the DA they discovered they really arn't that good and need the distraction of the heavy, slow , fat jabos in the MA to provide that impression that they are skilled combat pilots.

was that really needed?

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2015, 09:33:00 AM »
The arena was provided so the furballers could have that endless furball that the claim to want.  AH provided it in the form of furball lake, however, it appears that the furballers would rather fly in the MA and continue to complain whenever someone takes down a fighter hanger.  Could be that when confronted with equal numbers of furballing nme in the DA they discovered they really arn't that good and need the distraction of the heavy, slow , fat jabos in the MA to provide that impression that they are skilled combat pilots.

That whine is as old as AH.  I wished I had a nickel for everytime I heard or read that.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2015, 09:37:36 AM »

Just shut up. You always sound like a bitter teenage girl.
-AoM-

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2015, 09:50:21 AM »

I am not into dueling and 1 v 1's but recognize other interests may exist in this game besides my own.  So I keep my typing fingers silent.  You should try it.   :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2015, 09:56:32 AM »

Perhaps you should step in the DA and get slapped around. 

I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2015, 10:01:40 AM »
So why was the excellent Donut map pulled from the rotation again?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2015, 10:22:44 AM »

That is because bombing takes no skill and is the easiest part of the game, which however also makes one of the biggest impacts to the MA like killing FHs and the HQ. So in that regard, that is way we hate toolshedders. They kill the fun by killing the FHs and then your team sucks soo bad they still can't even capture the base..... Noobs
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 10:40:12 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2015, 03:48:29 PM »
Its always a great time in the DA.
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2015, 05:12:16 PM »
Met a guy named Spacy there tonight.  He kicked my butt left and right, up and down, over and over, time after time.

What a great few minutes.  Good fights, no HOs, nice chatter, learned something about each other.  It's one of the best aspects of this game.

Regrettably, there were only two of us online for what was probably nearly half an hour.  DA, like the AvA, is a shadow of its former glorious self.

Some of you should get your butts back in there (AND into the AvA).  Spacy had just been flying around by himself, waiting for someone else to come by.  I used to do that in AvA.  It's worth the boring minutes to have great fighting minutes like that.

- oldman
:aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2015, 05:55:05 PM »
I said this:
Seems to have caused quite a stire:
was that really needed?
That whine is as old as AH.  I wished I had a nickel for everytime I heard or read that.
Just shut up. You always sound like a bitter teenage girl.
I am not into dueling and 1 v 1's but recognize other interests may exist in this game besides my own.  So I keep my typing fingers silent.  You should try it.   :aok
Perhaps you should step in the DA and get slapped around. 
(Image removed from quote.)
That is because bombing takes no skill and is the easiest part of the game, which however also makes one of the biggest impacts to the MA like killing FHs and the HQ. So in that regard, that is way we hate toolshedders. They kill the fun by killing the FHs and then your team sucks soo bad they still can't even capture the base..... Noobs
I have no need to fly in an empty arena, I also am the worst fighter pilot in AH, Everyone is better than me.  I have no wish to improve, it’s a game.  One that I still enjoy and that’s having been a paid up member for almost 15 years.  But you all claim to enjoy the furball, the endless furball, however, most nights the DA is empty.  You are lurking in the MA, running down the slow fat jabos and that’s fine, but stop claiming to need or want an arena dedicated to furballing when the fact is, you  and collectively the other furballers don’t use it.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2015, 06:17:39 PM »
I remember seeing 70 people in the DA one night a long time ago, was pretty crazy...

When I started my stats stuff in AH the DA used to have about 10-20% of the LW population, depending on daytime, most of them over 'Lake Furball'.
To me it seems as if most of the Lake Furball regulars went to WT, which provides  similar 'instant action', yet with no monthly fee. And now you have the old 'if nobody is there, nobody goes there' dilemma...
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2015, 06:24:48 PM »
When I started my stats stuff in AH the DA used to have about 10-20% of the LW population, depending on daytime, most of them over 'Lake Furball'.
To me it seems as if most of the Lake Furball regulars went to WT, which provides  similar 'instant action', yet with no monthly fee. And now you have the old 'if nobody is there, nobody goes there' dilemma...

I was sure impressed with the size of the fights when I launched WT. But I then realized that my plane was 'compressing" as soon as I engaged wep whatever my current airspeed was  :huh