Author Topic: V52 bug current map  (Read 393 times)

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
V52 bug current map
« on: March 15, 2015, 08:16:37 AM »
First love this map, but found another bug. Land locked Vbase 52...... GVs get stuck comming out of spawn hanger......misc areas (grass) on the base (and off) are water

Just posting should there be plans to tweek it in the future.

:salute
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
Re: V52 bug current map
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 10:48:27 PM »
Its not a bug, it designed that way. But with the wrong graphic settings u cannot see the water
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 05:02:26 AM »
Ahhhh   Gottcha

Thx  :aok
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 09:31:37 AM »
If you have both detailed terrain and detailed water turned off, you will lose PT boats when you ground them and GV when you sink them.

If your system is overtaxed, you only need one or the other and I've found "detailed water" to have a lower frame hit.

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2015, 11:38:22 PM »
Not a bug but a design flaw.  Maps should probably have a beta period to catch the little things like water and land looking the same at settings many players use, wrong dar bar colors, shore bats facing mountains, etc.  These are little things that are no big deal but cause a lot of reporting and would be better if cleaned up before release.
AMAX  in game

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 11:36:08 AM »
Not a bug but a design flaw. 
With reference to the invisible water thing, I disagree.  Fester actually used features designed into the game others hadn't.  Admittedly, I wasn't aware of it either and got a tank stuck.  Once informed though, I turned on detailed water, and bingo, I could see the water. 

If you fly FSO, there are lots of maps that look funny with the base settings.  It not a bug, it's a feature. 
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2015, 12:23:01 PM »
I feel bad for the people who have to play with a lot of their graphics details turned down/off. They are missing out on a lot of good hard work put in by both HTC and the guys who make maps and skins.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2015, 01:06:27 PM »
I feel bad for the people who have to play with a lot of their graphics details turned down/off. 

I know my system is low end, definately in the group you mention, but actually i dont mind so much.... Im here   for the camaraderie with   fellow players, as much as shooting at guys.

Thanks for the answers guys  :salute
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E