Author Topic: France43w map  (Read 1691 times)

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
France43w map
« on: March 16, 2015, 07:58:05 AM »
I was going to do a staged mission for offline and custom arena using the france43w map.  When I load the map offline, the British fields are bish and the German fields are knight.  But in a custom arena, the British are Knight and the German fields are Rook.  This presents a problem with staged missions.  Any ideas why this is like this?  Why is the field allocation different in a custom arena and offline for the same map?

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: France43w map
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 08:35:04 AM »
I'm pretty sure online custom arenas have a set of default table values that differ slightly from offline. When offline, try resetting the countries to the "normal" default that seems to be what's used online. It's normally the first choice when you get into the "country reset" menu.  Bish = 0, Knight = 1, Rook = 2.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Muzzy

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 08:38:55 AM »
Where can I find a copy of the fran43w map?

CO 111 Sqdn Black Arrows

Wng Cdr, No. 2 Tactical Bomber Group, RAF, "Today's Target" Scenario. "You maydie, but you will not be bored!"

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 08:56:58 AM »
Muzzy, go online and set up custom arena with france43w terrain and it will download.  The default setting is the offline version with german fields knight, not rook.  Online it has been changed and I can't save my changes without a password.  Where is the default country setting?

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 09:03:00 AM »
Found country reset and that appears to fix it.  Thanks Imadot.

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2015, 10:03:05 AM »
These are general instructions for staged missions for custom arenas.  They work best if you use a custom arena which is very simple to set up, but you can download them and use them offline.  There are no briefings usually to minimize the mission time.
1.  Go to the on line arenas and click on create arena.
2.  Name your arena anything you want and set a pass word if you want to limit players.
3.  Choose the correct terrain such as france43w.  Leave everything else at default.  I have the most missions posted on the ndisles terrain, but a couple on france43w.  If you set the arena configuration file to the terrain name like france43w, I think it will load the settings you have for that terrain offline such as a hardness factor of 6.  Not sure about this.
4.  Click create.
5.  Click on staged missions when you are in the tower, then select mission.
6.  Top menu click on a mission.  smfldp51 means the heavy fighters are p51s etc.
7.  Click download so you can play it off line.
8.  Click load mission
9.  Click populate mission, click on your name and double click the plane you want to fly usually no. 1. If you have other players in the arena with you, assign them to planes the same way.  The remaining planes will be flown by AI.
10.  Close the populate window and click on start mission.  Sometimes it takes you to the tower view, just click on staged missions, then start mission.
11.  Click start now.  After the briefing screen, you should auto takeoff if your throttle is up.  If you don't, take off and maintain runway heading.
12.  You will warp to a point at altitude.  This may take a while depending on how many planes are taking off.
13.  Choose your target and drop your ords on the target or engage target aircraft.
14.  For the heavy fighter missions, the friendly AI planes will attack 4 AI A6Ms.  They are heavy and won't do well so you can try to shoot down the A6Ms.  For the B17 and B24 mission, there are 4 enemy 109s.  You can engage them or crash to end your mission or bail and end sortie.
15.  Crash when you are through and then click Kill Mission.
16.  Go back to step 5 and repeat until you are confident of your ability to bomb targets.

17.  For off line play, choose ndisles or other terrains depending on the mission you want for the terrain at the first Aces High screen.
18.  Follow steps 5-6 and 10-16, there is no populate or load required.  You will select the plane you fly from drop down menus depending on if you selected allied or axis.