Author Topic: DarkStar: Gunsights Download  (Read 517 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
DarkStar: Gunsights Download
« on: March 25, 2015, 06:02:39 PM »
DarkStar,

This is a Historic Package of the common gunsights used in ww2. Each country has a folder along with a folder of ww2 gunnery manuals. There are readmes everywhere.

1. - Don't extract this into the games "sights" folder. Do it stand alone elsewhere and copy files over.
2. - Every gunsight.bmp has a gunsight.mil size control file that has to be copied with the bmp file.

You can edit the mil file in notepad and read how to change the size you see in the game. If you want the Russian ones and Japanese Type98 M1 to be to scale, change the number 256 to 352. Otherwise by default, the main ring is 100Mil unless specified different for historical reasons.

Hope this is what you meant by custom gunsights.

http://www48.zippyshare.com/v/26509442/file.html
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline jedi25

• Copper Member
Re: DarkStar: Gunsights Download
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 08:14:24 PM »
Thanks Bustr..
Appreciate the effort you put in to keep your sight up to date.

:salute Jedi

Offline potsNpans

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 08:50:49 PM »
Thanks for the hard work Bustr' once again.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 12:09:24 AM »
This is just for clarification:  If I wish for the all Russian sights, and the Japanese Type98 M1 to be set to their real life "setting", I would change them from 256 to 352?

I checked the Japanese readme and it told me that the default for the Type98 M1 is 140 mil (for the A6M5).  If I change it to 352, wouldn't that make it bigger than 140 mil?  Like I said, I'm double, triple, quadruple checking before making the changes and putting them in.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 02:42:57 AM »
Thanks Bustr.

:salute
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline Darkstar

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 12:25:28 AM »
Got it thanks bustr :rock

Offline Draggon

• Copper Member
      • vmf214blacksheep.webs.com
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2015, 01:22:43 PM »
Thanks bustr for you hard work in putting them together, I for one appreciate it. Now to put them to good use   :aok
CO VMF214 "BLACK SHEEP" Commanding
"Actually however the object isn't to bail out of your ship, but to make the other fellow bail out of his''