Author Topic: There's not a lot more satisfying then outwitting a shade  (Read 5100 times)

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
There's not a lot more satisfying then outwitting a shade
« on: March 25, 2015, 07:52:58 PM »
Im not one to complain about it. Instead I have embraced the fact that people use multiple accounts. To me it adds a certain kind of realism to the game. Intel was used heavily by both allies and axis powers in WW2. I kind of look at it that way. What I have tried to do is embrace it and adapt. So......

Early today I had time to log on this afternoon and noticed once again Bish day crew and even Knits are once again working heavy on the Rooks. I had originally intended to do a strat run and help the guys out that way but having seen the extent of the damage that had been done against my country I decided id try and grab a base back. Got a group of guys rallied and we set off for a bish base. Wouldnt you know some one flew right to a goon who was parked 10 miles away from town as I began my run on town. Radar had been down when he entered the dar ring and he had been there for some time so you put the pieces of that puzzle together. I took every precaution to prevent everything but a shade from preventing  the goon from dying before he pushed and my guy executed to a T. Whatever...

Not letting that get me down as it does with so many I asked the same guy in the goon to drive to a different base just to the south of the original target that had no spawn in. 30 minute drive and no indication on the map would be given of what was happening. I climbed to 19k to allow the m3 time to get to the town. Now while i worked on the town there were about 10 planes over the general area of the town that had gone back and forth from the base the m3 launched in a span of 15-20 minutes which is nothing out of the norm. I got the town WF deacked with my lancs and as expected Bish upped in full force to defend the town. So I decided to drop to the deck and pull all those looking for a goon or m3 away from the town. Sure enough they all bit. Before I knew it I was on the deck in lancs fighting a brew, Ki-61, and a 110. I scream on vox rush to town and drop troops as im fighting for my cartoon life. I smoke the brew and the 110, get the kill on the KI-61. As the 110 turns away the m3 calls out troops running and going in....

Boom!!! We take the base and shortly after I land my kill and damage. The feeling we all had was great. A feather in our caps and one to remember for a long time! I could less how others play I do things my way.  :salute
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
Re: There's not a lot more satisfying then outwitting a shade
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 08:09:07 PM »
Well done
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 03:57:46 AM »
Well how about that! I logged at 5pm just after I took this base with 49dundee. Came back on at 1030pm wouldnt you know it rooks rallied after this base take clearing all but 3% of bish and knights from our territory. As of 4am we have taken 31 bases. Bish had 16% of rook fields when I logged at 5pm and we now own 18% of theirs all the way to their city! Altogether Ive helped with 14 bases. What a day :banana: And to think I was just going to do a strat run :rock All it takes are a few guys to get some momentum going. I by no means think all of this is because of me dont get me wrong but I will take credit for helping break the ice after 2 1/2 days of hell for rooks. This is a day I will never forget!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 04:05:40 AM by Wizz »
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 05:02:53 AM »
Heck of a fuse you lit....  :aok
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline Yankee67

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 06:43:45 AM »
Finding a hidden goon or M3 isn't a difficult thing to do.  Especially if you have time on your side.  And I don't mean flying or driving around looking for one, or using a shade account.   :aok 
Y67 (6/2/13 - 9/17/13)            8thJinx (9/17/13 -   )

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943. Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 06:48:15 AM »
Finding a hidden goon or M3 isn't a difficult thing to do.

Do that a couple of times and they will "know" you are using a shade, because that 'proves' it  :bhead
Even better when they take this as an excuse to use shade themselves to "hunt the 'cheater' down" and are even admitting & boasting about it in public.

In my perception, a lot of things have become quite ugly in the last two years...
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline Threeup

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2015, 06:55:57 AM »
Well played. You're always playing the team game. Much kudos.
The Mighty Raw Prawns

"It's all good fun until someone loses an eye" Rooster Cogburn

http://youtu.be/pxM8XB61ZvU

Offline capera

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2015, 06:57:06 AM »
Maybe I have been living under a rock the last few years, but since our squadron started doing a monthly rotation.....I am now just discovering how wide spread these "SHADE" accounts are being used.

I know some may think this brings some sort of realism to the sim, and I can kinda see your point, as there were spies in the war.......... but from my perspective, this is the exact reason we are all seeing a huge decrease in the overall numbers (players logged on).

Can honestly stand on my two feet and say that I have never cheated in this game. 14 years....and I still struggle with EARNING my rank. The minute you cheat, your ranking means nothing. It is no longer an accurate snapshot of your talent.

Maybe Hitech will recognize this issue and hopefully find a way to prevent this abuse of the game, as in my humble opinion.........it will end up causing this great sim to dwindle down to nothing but a bunch of cheaters and eventually closing shop.

<S>

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2015, 07:02:49 AM »
Maybe I have been living under a rock the last few years, but since our squadron started doing a monthly rotation.....I am now just discovering how wide spread these "SHADE" accounts are being used.

The thing that's really widespread are baselees accusations. Most of the time "SHADES!" is just a reflex.

For example, just yesterday: Our CV had been sunk, and soon after it respawned at port another JABO dove on it. One player cried "They must have a shade" and half a dozen others instantly agreed.
Fo heavens sake, CVs respawn at the very same place all the time! How difficult is that to grasp?  :rolleyes:
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline capera

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2015, 07:06:02 AM »
True......sometimes SHADE is used too quickly, but the numbers of players the sim is losing...is not due to AH being a outdated or it is a bad sim. People are getting sick of losing to these people who use two accounts, and use those accounts to gain an advantage.

Put everyone on the same playing field......and let them play the game as it was intended. Offer a FAIR environment......and you will see the subscribed memberships rise.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 07:15:58 AM by capera »

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2015, 07:12:12 AM »

The thing that's really widespread are baselees accusations. Most of the time "SHADES!" is just a reflex.

For example, just yesterday: Our CV had been sunk, and soon after it respawned at port another JABO dove on it. One player cried "They must have a shade" and half a dozen others instantly agreed.
Fo heavens sake, CVs respawn at the very same place all the time! How difficult is that to grasp?  :rolleyes:

They could be forgiven if they were just new to the game, but some of these people crying "SHADE!" at absolutely everything have been around for years. They should know by now how the game mechanics work  :lol

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2015, 07:25:55 AM »
Yes, apparently I must be a shade too, since on a number of occasions, it seems I flew straight to a goon.

I guess I really must be a shade, since what I remember was seeing a dar bar come up, then disappear, at a front-line coastal field, then staring into the screen for thirty minutes as I flew around at zero feet trying to find the raid, then get behind them when I did.

But like I say, that can't be true, because I'm a shade, they all agreed I was.
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2015, 07:52:54 AM »

I know some may think this brings some sort of realism to the sim, and I can kinda see your point, as there were spies in the war.......... but from my perspective, this is the exact reason we are all seeing a huge decrease in the overall numbers (players logged on).

Shades are rampant and the exact cause of depopulation?  Are you by chance a member the "335 Joint Shade OPS" squad?  Certainly there are shade players but mostly it seems to be paranoia.

Can honestly stand on my two feet and say that I have never cheated in this game. 14 years....and I still struggle with EARNING my rank. The minute you cheat, your ranking means nothing. It is no longer an accurate snapshot of your talent.

14 years and you haven't discovered that rank does not prove skill?  Score can and is manipulated by those that care about it.

For example, in Tour 97, the last half of the month was played purely for score.  A base capture each in GV and Bombers, shooting a town with PT rockets and uber timid flying (almost exclusively in an uber plane) garnered an overall rank of #19.

Last month's Tour 181, my overall rank was #1080.  Which tour rank is an accurate snapshot of my "talent"?

Don't mean to single you out personally, but these ideas come up often and need to be dispelled.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline capera

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2015, 08:17:58 AM »
I think your missed the point of my post. Of course there are honest players....that EARN their score/rank.

But...look around......the other morning there was 33 players online. Any given night....250'ish........when it used to be 500.

Gamers, like myself, would like to invest time in an arena where there is a level playing field. 5 or 10 shade accounts......is 5 or 10 too many. This practice is simply killing the participation levels, as players will just move on to another sim when they realize that this kind of activity is present in the game and that Hitech is doing nothing to prevent it from happening.

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2015, 08:19:50 AM »
Most times u dont need a shade to find out were a cv are etc. Players are awfuly predictable and if u just know when and were the cv was seen last time it not that hard to figure out were it gonna show up.

Same thing with goons and m3, with zoom and good resolution u can spot a goon 10 miles out if its noe over water. They also follows a predictable pattern and are often easy to find parked right outside town.

I on the other hand have never seen a NOE mission or anything like that has being blown by a shade.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking