Author Topic: sinking cv's  (Read 1202 times)

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
Re: sinking cv's
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2015, 07:58:55 PM »
I honestly have lost drones to auto puffy, but with no film to back it up, I may as well be the ant pushing a boulder.  I'm in similar boat as you, in that unless I have seen it happen with my own eyes, I might question it.  So I can see your angle.  :aok

I'll need to keep the film on any sortie I lose one to auto puffy from now on.  But seeing as I fly even less than you do now-a-days, it'll probably be a while before I can come back one way or the other.  I hope I don't forget, that be my biggest problem. :o
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline vHACKv

• Copper Member
      • Hack YouTube Channel!
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2015, 01:34:48 PM »
I have done measurements offline.  I can't remember what altitude I came in over the CV group (perhaps 10K) but there was a zero percent chance of the auto puffy ack stopping me from sinking the CV.  Zero percent.  In fact, there was only a 10% chance of it taking out a single buff from my set of 3  (B-17s).  Despite all of everyones claims that they lost their 262 to CV ack, there is no chance whatsoever of the CV puffy ack stopping a set of bombers from sinking it.  None.  (Manned puffy is different; a good gunner might be able to take out all three bombers.  But it is very difficult as you have no way to aim since the auto puffy is making puffs everywhere.)
No way to aim since the auto puffy is making puffs everywhere... :rofl

You getting this 0Rick?
Your HQ tears are my fuel

-Starting a profile with your E-mail address while trying to make fun of someone is not a good idea. You will end up with a "V" in front of your name, and we all know only idiots have "V's" in front of their names. (you can't ever change your profile name)

Online Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2015, 03:52:27 PM »
Everything about sinking CV's in this GAME is a complete and total joke.  Just learn to live with it, ain't nothin gonna change.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Hetzer7

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2015, 04:41:45 PM »
Ive lost a B-29 drone to puffy, at 30,000+ going nearly 400 mph, i could barly see the cv group - lol

Offline Softail

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2015, 05:53:03 PM »
I come in at 9K....lead by just under  a boat length and watch it go "Deep Six" from the ball turret.

Who made 10K a standard?  LOL.   Get above the auto-ack and rain iron!

Softy

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2015, 10:09:10 AM »
When im in buffs at 10K going 250 mph, Auto puffy ack barely causes me to blink an eye.
When im in a fighter at 25K going 400mph, auto puffy ack causes my life to flash before my eyes.
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Game ID: ShtGn (Inactive), Squad: 91st BG

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2015, 11:03:15 AM »
See rule 4
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 11:00:43 AM by hitech »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2015, 11:15:42 AM »
Only two things need to be fixed with respect to CV's:

1) They can still get too close to shore.  If you can cap an enemy field with your CV ack, then it is too close to shore.  :rolleyes:

2) Towns and fields need to flash if being shelled by 5 inch and 8 inch guns regardless if there are uppers or not.  You think someone would sound the alarm with all stuff blowing up. :headscratch:
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2015, 11:21:54 AM »
2) Towns and fields need to flash if being shelled by 5 inch and 8 inch guns regardless if there are uppers or not.  You think someone would sound the alarm with all stuff blowing up. :headscratch:

I always had the habit of checking coastal downs and bases in regular intervals.  The .dt command makes it so unbelievable easy I don't even have to abort my sortie and go there.
Of course, that still freaks people out: "NO way you could have known our CV was there, we didn't make town or base flash!"  :bhead
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2015, 12:22:01 PM »

1) They can still get too close to shore.  If you can cap an enemy field with your CV ack, then it is too close to shore.  :rolleyes:

1)  The thing is, this argument will still remain as bombardment task groups (which I REALLY WISH would be added) will still be within a couple of miles from shore, and THEIR ack will contribute to things.  So if anything, get use to it as I believe the ack from a bombardment group may in fact, be heavier.  If you mean a CV in general, I whole heartily agree.  I don't recall of any CV's of any kind being so close to an enemy shore line as ours do. :headscratch:

2) I FULLY agree with this.  If it get's shelled, it should flash.  It does not make sense that something wouldn't flash when being shelled by anything.  The same should hold true for TG's as well.  If a shore battery opens fire on the TG, it should flash.  As for GV's, I honestly do not remember if a GV upping to shell a CV that's off shore, will cause it to flash.  I would think so, but just can't remember. :o
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2015, 01:24:00 PM »
Ive lost drones to auto puffy over CVs. Its unusual, its unusual to lose ANY of the Bombers to auto Puffy.

And its always the same attack type. Upp TU-2s with 2,000lb bombs, go to 8K, and speed drop on the CV at 8K. I would say losing a drone is much more possible at 7K. Then again were they all puffy or were a few in 5" guns? Who is to say? But I have lost drones.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2015, 10:02:30 AM »
When im in buffs at 10K going 250 mph, Auto puffy ack barely causes me to blink an eye.
When im in a fighter at 25K going 400mph, auto puffy ack causes my life to flash before my eyes.

Yep.  Same here.  Three times in a row I ventured too close to an unseen CV in my Pony.  In every case I was above 20K' going like mad and received an oil hit in less than 15 seconds.

Utterly ridiculous.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2015, 07:34:52 PM »

I just check every coastal field and every pt spawn at those fields.

Then I sink them with pt boats.

I believe I sank about 50 or more in one tour and often got the CV/CA combo.

If you want to sink cv with pt boats, never tell your country about it's location or some clown will surely spend himself against the hull in a flaccid attack that does nothing more than cause the CV to turn right before your torps hit it.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2015, 09:02:24 PM »
my favorite way to kill cv's when i still cared about doing so, is with a set of 234's at 1000-1500agl. you need to know where it is pretty accurately though.  get up to 400+mph, remember to ditch the ratos and get your sight calibrated.. you then fly entirely from the sight since you have a pretty decent view of the horizon through it...

drop everything on the front half of the cv, guaranteed dead.

expect to lose a drone or two to autoack..

obv. you need to not care about bomber perks.
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.