Author Topic: The game play lately sucks!  (Read 19387 times)

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
Re: The game play lately sucks!
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2015, 06:18:48 AM »
HQ is set far enough back that it can be defended, there's TOO many people JUST looking to fight, which means fewer to defend HQ. I don't log because HQ is down, that's ridiculous. Listen to teammates, watch the logs, you can find where stuff is happening. It's perfectly accurate for a combat game.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2015, 07:00:44 AM »
If it's down and you don't like it come to midwar for a bit.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2015, 07:08:29 AM »
HQ is set far enough back that it can be defended,

On Fester, this is very difficult against a skilled HQ raider unless you keep a cap over it. A NOE raider is almost invisible until too late, and even a raider at altitude can easily hide in the radar noise of the frontlines due to the map layout. Once you would know there's a HQ raider it's very difficult to get him in time, even if you are in tower & ready, thanks to the distant airbases.

I don't log because HQ is down, that's ridiculous. Listen to teammates, watch the logs, you can find where stuff is happening. It's perfectly accurate for a combat game.

That works to some extend at US prime times. During my main playing hours there are harldy battles at all. Air cons are mostly single sets of buffs or the odd Jabo here and there.
Also HQ downtimes are greatly often extended here, as you can basically forget any resupply effort with so few players online.

When I log in and there is neither any darbar nor any actuall battle to be found I log off immediately . My time is a limited commodity these days. I'm not going to fly goons for an hour anymore.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2015, 07:11:21 AM »
Only good thing about this weekend's HQ basing was watching a 262 go down that was shooting goons resupplying HQ.  We all got a good  :rofl when he went down and lost all those perks.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2015, 07:11:41 AM »
If it's down and you don't like it come to midwar for a bit.

;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2015, 07:23:08 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)

;)

For anyone who has never played during the off hours, these numbers are very deceiving. It may say 48 people in the MA, but more than half of them are usually afk. So technically there's only around 20 people in the MA in that screenshot. 20 people divided into 3 teams, you basically never see anyone else. :(

As a mainly off hour player right now I know the struggle you and others go through Snailman.

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2015, 08:07:19 AM »
Didn't it used to take 40,000lbs of bombs to drop an HQ?  What does it take now?

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2015, 08:19:49 AM »
Didn't it used to take 40,000lbs of bombs to drop an HQ?  What does it take now?

Virtually the same, it's 37,500 iirc
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2015, 08:37:47 AM »
there's TOO many people JUST looking to fight

:rofl

if too many players seeking combat in a combat game, and not nearly enough players doing menial tasks like orbiting hq or flying resupply is a problem for a game based on player vs player combat.. i don't know wtf to say..  maybe the genre is dying after all...
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2015, 09:10:37 AM »
:rofl

if too many players seeking combat in a combat game, and not nearly enough players doing menial tasks like orbiting hq or flying resupply is a problem for a game based on player vs player combat.. i don't know wtf to say..  maybe the genre is dying after all...

I think it is.  Very few people actually want to play against other people.  MMO open world sandbox PvP just doesn't draw a lot of numbers, which is a damn shame because it needs them to work at its best.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2015, 09:16:55 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 11:26:22 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2015, 09:19:53 AM »
See Rule #4

Planetside2 is a perfect example.  It went through 2 server merges that I saw.  That would equate out to roughly a 75% drop in player population from launch.  And it's free.

Wiley.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 11:26:37 AM by Skuzzy »

JG11

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2015, 09:40:03 AM »
Planetside2 is a perfect example.  It went through 2 server merges that I saw.  That would equate out to roughly a 75% drop in player population from launch.  And it's free.

Wiley.

it is sill profitable, has hundreds of thousands of steam users and is seeing adaptation to the ps4 so it's far from dieing.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2015, 09:57:25 AM »
it is sill profitable, has hundreds of thousands of steam users and is seeing adaptation to the ps4 so it's far from dieing.

Sure.  It's doing fine, mostly because it's F2P.

Still doesn't change the fact that it is 25% of what it once was.  At peak, AH had ~600 people in the arenas during primetime.  Arguably, AH has retained more of its peak numbers than PS2. ;)

I get what you're saying, Nuke, and you're pretty much right, but compared to the rounds-based games like Counterstrike and suchlike... *googles CS:GO player numbers* ...half a million  vs ~5000 for Planetside 2 over the last 24 hours.

See my point?

Wiley.

JG11

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2015, 10:21:30 AM »
well CS:GO profits from the very active pro scene, while going competitive on planetside is very difficult. As games go mainstream now people want to play the games they see on tv...

I see your point but I still think the lack of development is more hurting AH that the death of the genre. See all the loyal customers above that consider leaving the game just because of the lack of good meta game, they are not leaving for another game and will probably stop playing alltogether.

I once wished for tools that would allow us to play competitively AH, I got laughed at.